Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MMR2810 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 days ago

Originally posted by: Angel_Shweta

aaj meenu ne baja dali arshi aur tanuja ki.smiley37smiley37

choton ko bol rhe basti mein reh le, kahin ek din tum log khud na a jao raste pe, basti mein ja kar rehna padhe, you all are behaving like kids....smiley36

waise yeh aaj bhi basus ke kangaal hona highlight kiye. lagta jaldi yeh track dekhne ko milega, maybe woh commissioner bta dega shubho ki sachai lalon aur uski maa ko, they might make a plan to take revenge from them, maza ayega lalon kangaal kar de basus ko..smiley16smiley36

I loved that part...I want meenu to teach some basic etiquettes to evil Basus.

MMR2810 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: shanakanj

https://x.com/gossipstv/status/1839200891330547941?s=46 jhanak same TRP of 2.3. Then why Leena will unite leads. Rab Rakha TRP is below expectations. Itโ€™s the only magic of Runak which gets the numbers otherwise Leena writing is pathetic.https://www.instagram.com/p/DAXyA83vpkFNoy60EasXbq_DLNe6ULGq5TnPAs0/?igsh=MW44bXFuejF2aWVvcg==

Yesss..but I hope people will reject leads with pl track.

Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MMR2810

I loved that part...I want meenu to teach some basic etiquettes to evil Basus.

And how dare Arshi address her by name!!! Mrinalini is much senior to her!!

I liked Chhoton's confession that he feels he is not good enough for a lady like Mrinalini...

Edited by Dibya_C - 6 days ago
Varsha188 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL thank you....waise I don't think I'm blindly supporting Ani....and I don't consider Ani to be perfect either. He has also made mistakes many times in the story and I am not defending those....I'm simply pointing out Jhanak's hypocrisies because I think that mostly gets whitewashed since most people are busier always bashing Ani for having the Arshi baggagesmiley36. It's important to remember ki Jhanak ka bhi koi kam baggage nahin hai.....so why only judge Ani?

Really you sold my words โค๏ธ , because woman and also itv female lead that's not right she is perfect woman. She always done lots of mistakes but she didn't realise .ani always said sorry but Jhanak didn't say if in future adi would be wrong that the reason of only ani๐Ÿ˜‚

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

To be honest, ITV is the last place anyone should be looking at for empowerment smiley36.....which is why I find it very funny when I read people feeling so invested in Jhanak's "career" in this story smiley36.....her so called career is just a means to an end for drama in this story....there is never going to be any true empowerment there. Even shows like Anupama claim to be running on empowerment and how much empowerment is being shown even there after 4 years? She always manages to come back to gareebi no matter how many opportunities she gets to succeed....same will happen with Jhanak smiley36....because ITV FLs don't know how to manage success or take yes for an answer smiley36

Anyways, in Jhanak's case - she has never understood that she is Ani's vulnerability....even though he has made it so obvious so many times with the way he has reacted about any matter related to her....he has never gone that overboard for anyone else. For a long time the excuse was that Ani never tells her directly, he puts on a performance about ILU Arshi, that is why Jhanak doesn't know....but now he laid it out pretty clearly right? He fought the whole world to come for her surgery, to save her....and still Jhanak doesn't care.....lol so makers have made all her excuses from the last 300 episodes quite moot right now.

Ani keeps saying many times that the girl he loves doesn't understand him....he means that for Jhanak only....and in the recent scene he also admitted to the cab driver that he hasn't been able to explain to her how much he loves her....so that fundamental conflict will continue for the foreseeable future I guess since makers have to drag the story....Jhanak is never going to comprehend how much Ani needs her to be his strength, to give him the courage to fight for himself. And she never even thinks of this in context of how much he has fought for her so the least she can do is be his strength in return too.....no, instead her choice is always to push him away as part of her presumption that his life is better off without her. Makers will never show Jhanak witnessing that Ani is devastated without her or they will make her presume that he is upset for some other reason...lol conveniently Ani's family also never notices this and everyone just continues moving along in their presumptions smiley36

And the girl Aniruddh loves will never understand him, simply because she doesn't want to...

Jhanak does have that kind of power over Aniruddh ...that he likes to sort of get toyed around and it stems from the pt where Jhanak completely disowned the night turning blind and he rebelled by going ahead with performance with Arshi and what thus followed was disastrous in more ways than one ... but my point is looking at AK track...how is Jhanak any different?? But will she be equally bashed as Ani was...? I am waiting to see...

Jhanak on the other hand never accepts her faults, her mistakes...she has a twisted martyr complex...The reason for her being where she is today according to me have nothing to do with Aniruddh...her weaknesses are her own...self-absorption, self-pity, a martyr complex...She is totally confused regarding what she actually wants. And Aniruddh is a convenient punching bag for her frustrations and confusions..She could have said everything about that night to Aniruddh when he was repeatedly trying to talk about that night....but she chose to be the wedding planner for AniShi....only to come back with"bacche ka haq" after months...

The issue shouldn't even be about acceptance...but understanding...I just wonder...how can a woman who supposedly "loves" him not even see a bit how his mind works...try and understand his motivations.,try to listen to him with compassion when he is pleading in front of you, crying saying that he is feeling suffocated...chalo not even as a wife/lover but as a HUMAN BEING? Does she ever even do that? Nope....

She had 1000 other reasons to reject Ani, she could have done it in ways where it would have helped Aniruddh to self reflect...may be...But what she did was..told him what a horrible human being he is...and how disgusted she is of his presence....pushed him again into that darkness, bcz she thought that it is good for him....why she thinks like that?Did she ever asked him his happiness? Did she not understand that if he is so happy with Arshi then why is he here! Bcz it will help her in keeping her mahanta....

And about career track...., See what drama they did there is not empowerment in anyway... Jhanak was always standing with folded hands...and there also she lived in Rudra Guruji's house as their potential home wrecker ...even when his wife had made it clear from the first day that she doesn't want her there...All kind of toxicity and what change that career track brought in her personality...Zero....where is her character growth as a titular character...nill..

And the way they executed that track without her remembering Aniruddh even once.... I am not at all interested in her track.. I would rather see Aniruddh's inner turmoil...his pain..his Emotions..he is too broken to even pretend...and I am sure Krushal is gonna nail it....He was fab today...

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I guess forum friends are going to find my post a bit strange but bear with me. Brickbats as welcome as bouquets ( though I know more brickbats are coming my way ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) I donโ€™t aim to contest your respective perspectives just offering mine.

For me if the story doesnโ€™t make Runak winโ€ฆ in my eyes there is no winner.. itโ€™s no use if Jhanak or Ani walk away with the either the sympathy or accolades alone. They must walk into the sunset holding hands, putting behind their recriminations, their upsets, their misgivings but most importantly with the knowledge that they were there for each other even if it was a hard fought battle. ( waise itni mashakkat zaroori nahin thi par chalo TRP ke chalte bahut sahte hain hum) and when I say they walk it must satisfy the viewers that it was worth it and not a waste of time.

This story is actually a straight line plotโ€ฆ thereโ€™s really nothing in the love story per se as a conflict ( apart from the moral dilemma which is also sorted out) when the two lovebirds accept love for each otherโ€ฆ and when I say acceptโ€ฆnot in words but in deed..how they fight the circumstances is only par for the course but within such a straight line plot, the writer has woven a very interesting tale on how love develops between two people.

this is unlike other stories on itv where say there is danger of suddenly the ML having to fight his mom for the survival of his marriage ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ one of the creepiest tracks that can be conceived yet it has takers as possessiveness of a mom towards a son is a recurrent theme in life. ( I guess you may know what I am hinting at ๐Ÿ˜‚)

So, within that industry if Leena is able to flesh out characterisations like Ani, like Jhanak warts and all. I agree Jhanakโ€™s characterisation isnโ€™t as neatly fleshed out as Ani and I think there is a specific reason for it.. it is largely expediency ( Trp, audience tastes, expectations of certain behaviour from women, and most importantly it helps the writer to elongate the plot) in the sense that Ani behaving strange will be accepted by a larger TRP audience but Jhanak behaving unlike a Sitara FL will have repercussions. So that tight rope walk will always be a drawback in this medium.

But still I think there is some credit is due to Leena as within the constraints she has been able to eke out an Ani and a Jhanak who is a Sitara heroine but yet not completely soโ€ฆI will try to explain that in this post but if gets long will explain in a follow up post.

As a viewer I only see if the character is behaving as the story has been telling me and when I see a deviation.. my next question is has the story ( action)explained to me why the changeโ€ฆ cos people do change as they go along due to various things ( which we in stories call the arc of a character)

That said itโ€™s also natural to feel closer to a characterโ€ฆ Personally, the character that drew me to the story is Ani and obviously Krushal renders a near perfect Ani..He makes Ani really endearing that one is drawn to that portrayal and without a doubt Ani is Leenaโ€™s favourite character. Also, if the writer has to stop Ani from doing something as simple as walk out of a relationship that he isnโ€™t happy inโ€ฆ the writer has to work overtime to flesh out the traits very neatly or provide impediments ( plot devices) that seems justifiableโ€ฆ for instance after this huge upheaval in his life, someone could think why must Ani want to lead a life with Arshi but somehow thatโ€™s exactly how the story will unfold. Coz if Arshi leaves, the edifice crumbles in the new scheme of thingsโ€ฆ In the old scheme of things Arshi was a fixture coz Ani hadnโ€™t realised his love but now a new complication would be required. Leena will provide a justification for Ani to stay with Arshi and the audience will buy it even if that justification could also be as lame as how we justified Aniโ€™s commitment with Arshi even as he fell in love with Jhanak as we felt he was not really sure of his feelings ( usne saare kaand kar diye par ILY nahin bola toh pyaar kaise hua etc ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚) Buts that the pointโ€ฆ when a character trait is neatly fleshed out a viewer is ready to give a long rope on this based on a core traitโ€ฆ or how the story of their love was presented to us, somehow his love appears more sincere to us and Jhanakโ€™s love seems less inspiring or fickle because she is shown flitting from โ€œ I want Ani to love meโ€ to โ€œ How can you do this to Arshi Diโ€ but at the same time, just because Ani is shown steadfast in his affections with Jhanak ( even in anger we are able to see his love for her) but why are not able to do the same with Jhanak when she does the same? It has a lot to do with how closely aligned we are to a character but also to how poorly written the other character is..

However, that said Jhanak is also now being fleshed out by Leena ( her team) they are slowly but surely etching Jhanakโ€ฆ Ofc this Jhanak will be prone to mistakes, bouts of mahanta, but she will have an arc. Yesterday she said โ€œ Hum dono ki dor zindagi aur maut se bandhi hainโ€ but she ( Ani too) will gain understanding to make this count in the in between time. Whether the cooking tracks lets us down or uplifts us remains to be seen. I donโ€™t have great hopes as a lot of cliches will be seen as Sitara heroine will have to make an appearance but that apart I feel some great acting will be on display.,

Some reflectionsโ€ฆ
Yesterdayโ€™s episode rectified the mistakes of the previous one in some measure. I was fairly certain that the monologue was misplaced.. Jhanakโ€™s words of yesterday were her outpouring of all her pent up anger, frustration, her fears, no holds barred! A lot of that dialogue didnโ€™t connect well becos her state of mind post operation wasnโ€™t shown and they moved to a Ani- Jhanak scene.

Also, another thing the dialogue writers I think were given a brief to go all outโ€ฆ they got very imaginative..and literally had Jhanak rip into Ani... ( some parts poorly written) what did she say and how much of it was justified etc thatโ€™s a separate point and I am not delving into that hereโ€ฆ everyone is entitled to an opinion on how they are seeing the story develop. I see a lot of posts on that so nothing specific to add there.

Jhanak has been a fairly uni dimensional characterโ€ฆbut I never felt that she was the sacrificing kind and my observation is she has been revealing hitherto unknown layers post the jail incident. I will need a separate post to explain thisโ€ฆ. So will do that later, time permitting..

Please feel free to disagree and post divergent views all welcome to do so ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by sanfan - 6 days ago
Edkv74 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Your writing is so deep Rekha! Do you think the writers put in so much while dishing out their characters?? Ani I agree is one of the best written characters I have seen! But with Jhanak they havenโ€™t been fair! Why though!

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

And the girl Aniruddh loves will never understand him, simply because she doesn't want to...

Jhanak does have that kind of power over Aniruddh ...that he likes to sort of get toyed around and it stems from the pt where Jhanak completely disowned the night turning blind and he rebelled by going ahead with performance with Arshi and what thus followed was disastrous in more ways than one ... but my point is looking at AK track...how is Jhanak any different?? But will she be equally bashed as Ani was...? I am waiting to see...

Jhanak on the other hand never accepts her faults, her mistakes...she has a twisted martyr complex...The reason for her being where she is today according to me have nothing to do with Aniruddh...her weaknesses are her own...self-absorption, self-pity, a martyr complex...She is totally confused regarding what she actually wants. And Aniruddh is a convenient punching bag for her frustrations and confusions..She could have said everything about that night to Aniruddh when he was repeatedly trying to talk about that night....but she chose to be the wedding planner for AniShi....only to come back with"bacche ka haq" after months...

The issue shouldn't even be about acceptance...but understanding...I just wonder...how can a woman who supposedly "loves" him not even see a bit how his mind works...try and understand his motivations.,try to listen to him with compassion when he is pleading in front of you, crying saying that he is feeling suffocated...chalo not even as a wife/lover but as a HUMAN BEING? Does she ever even do that? Nope....

She had 1000 other reasons to reject Ani, she could have done it in ways where it would have helped Aniruddh to self reflect...may be...But what she did was..told him what a horrible human being he is...and how disgusted she is of his presence....pushed him again into that darkness, bcz she thought that it is good for him....why she thinks like that?Did she ever asked him his happiness? Did she not understand that if he is so happy with Arshi then why is he here! Bcz it will help her in keeping her mahanta....

And about career track...., See what drama they did there is not empowerment in anyway... Jhanak was always standing with folded hands...and there also she lived in Rudra Guruji's house as their potential home wrecker ...even when his wife had made it clear from the first day that she doesn't want her there...All kind of toxicity and what change that career track brought in her personality...Zero....where is her character growth as a titular character...nill..

And the way they executed that track without her remembering Aniruddh even once.... I am not at all interested in her track.. I would rather see Aniruddh's inner turmoil...his pain..his Emotions..he is too broken to even pretend...and I am sure Krushal is gonna nail it....He was fab today...

Asmi every complaint about the stupidly in not trying anything new is valid. ๐Ÿ’ฏ

however at the same time, the recognition of the limitations of a straight line plot is also necessary. This storyโ€™s core conflict is centred on these two peopleโ€™s personalitiesโ€ฆ the extremeness the volatility the contrariness, the quick to take offence with each other etc. there is no external conflict. Long ago, I made peace with the fact that it is a very short story..and any external push only serves to aggravate them about each other ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

an oft heard complaint about Jhanak is she did not allow Ani to express his desire to her.

I am trying to picture a scenario - post consummation, if Jhanak had agreed to Ani wanting to part with Arshiโ€ฆ.and if her response was โ€œ Yes Sirjee aap Didi se alag ho jaoโ€

Irrespective of how the trp audience receives it โ€ฆImagine what could the track have led to? Yes, them uniting trying to fight the Arshi complicationโ€ฆ if they succeed the serial ends and if they donโ€™t succeed again Ani having to leave Jhanak and the saga continues. In that scenario, Ani would have got a lot of flak.. in this scenario Leena is letting the ML have an important roleโ€ฆ I still say this serial should be named Anirudh not Jhanak ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Isn't this a big presumption? Has Jhanak ever clearly said that she can only be with Ani if he leaves Arshi? No, she dismisses Ani's love in a sweeping manner in general by calling him a cheater, farebi, liar etc.....this is not the explanation of someone waiting for Ani to shed his Arshi baggage.....this is the explanation of someone who finds Ani a terrible and unacceptable person on every level....otherwise she would have not used the words she did.

Makers have never given Jhanak any dialogue or monologue where she says that if you were not with Arshi didi, then we could be together, Sirji....no, all she repeats on a loop over and over is ki aap Arshi didi ke hain, unke paas jaayiye....so then reason is not that she wants him to leave Arshi....reason is that she wants to prove herself as mahaan person who is sacrificing her love for Sirjismiley36

And in all this, never once does she actually think about his happiness...never once does she actually ask him ki Sirji what makes YOU happy? She is clear about the fact that she wants to manage her own life only....she is not waiting on anything from Ani....lol that is just drama she does to find a way to blame him all the time whether he comes to see her or whether he stays away from her.

I mean it's so hilarious that before going into the surgery, her wish was ki ek baar main Sirji ko dekh loon kisi tarhaan....lol and surgery se baahar aate hi - mujhe kabhi apni shakal mat dikhaayiyega phir se smiley36......a girl who can so easily take back her words as "main emotion mein beh gayi thi but now I'm good so you get lost"....lol us girl ke liye people are making the presumption that she is waiting for some breakup? smiley36

How bang on you are!!!!

Also what I always believe that Aniruddh was a abandoned unloved child...Growing up with Jethu,Bodomaa or Choton He has always craved for true affection from her parents.... but never really got that...For them he is nothing but their money producing machine...whom they need for their status...whose emotions or feelings they don't really care about...so these kind of people subconsciously always have a fear of rejection, fear of abandonment...

So what Jhanak did with her words...is kind of reinforced his subconscious belief..that he doesn't deserve love...he is never going to get the happiness and love he is craving for..

Like he had said in his monologue that he doesn't have that happy loving family that he has always wished for in his fate..He knows his happiness is not with Arshi...but the fact is Arshi has never abandoned him for whatever reason... I definitely want him to break his relationship with Arshi for his own self...as he is only gonna be suffocating there...but I definitely do understand why he is doing it...

Aniruddh also comes with his own sets of trauma....After what Jhanak has done.. I don't think I would criticize Ani for not breaking it with Arshi.... though I still want him to break up...

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

@bold: I'm also most curious to see that.....will Jhanak be held to the same standards that Ani is held to? smiley36.....So far it doesn't seem that way. I still see Jhanak's conduct with AK mostly being justified while Ani is still being vilified for going back to Arshi even after confessing to Jhanak....because no one cares about the context of how he went back....the level to which he was brutally torn down this time by the person with the most amount of power over him.

It always comes down to the same thing na....Ani is viewed as "committed" to Arshi in the story so that is an all purpose pass to constantly paint him worse no matter how much Jhanak gets comfortable with AK getting touchy feely with her, paying her bills, constantly proposing to her in every scenesmiley36