Users

Frequent Posters

Ambajee thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 7

Team Birlas

Posted: 17 days ago

Originally posted by: Krinya

Screenshot_20240901_224504_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's in top 10 , no idea what week it is..but the thing is..even this kind of trp is unimaginable in today's times..like shahi paneers top show anupama can barely get 2.4 now. So one can imagine the reach & popularity.

Wow this was some good ITV period.. I remember even Ek Hazaroon mein was also airing during this time and Manavi character won an award for shaving off her head for the cancer as SP Nayi Soch thing..! Good times!
Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Krinya

Screenshot_20240901_224504_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's in top 10 , no idea what week it is..but the thing is..even this kind of trp is unimaginable in today's times..like shahi paneers top show anupama can barely get 2.4 now. So one can imagine the reach & popularity.

Kya din the woh. Missing the old days when ITV was actually good. We would be so intrigued to watch each episode of these shows daily. Complete contrast to now.

Just look at SNS TRP kitna mast show tha woh smiley27

Ria23 thumbnail

Team Phufasa

What is this fairness thing they are showing

Abhira is more fair than Ruhi. I am saying ki ruhi ko ubtan lagana chayie because that is just being stupid. But kuch logic toh hona chayie.

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Manny_123

Most confused makers ever. This is the queen treatment she is getting from DKP smiley36

suna that DKP treats FL as queen so queen ko naam se nahi bulathe honge toh uska spelling yaad nahi haismiley36
Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Observer007

Bold:This is my issue with the show. In my opinion, they are not portraying Abhira as the heroine. Instead, they seem to prioritize characters like Ruhi, Kaveri, Vidya, and even Phupha Sa over the female and male leads. One of them should be strong, unyielding to manipulation from elders or RuRo, with deep convictions about their relationship. If the show doesn't want to depict family conflicts or give Abhira any family support, that's fine. But at least make her strong for herself and her partner. I can't recall any instance where Abhira or Armaan were portrayed as winners in any track, or where their growth or action or relationship was shown in a positive light. They will show conflicts between Kaveri and Abhira, but they never let Abhira win properly, and I don't understand why, they want to give upper hand to kaveri then why making her so unlikable. Why can't they show a monologue from Kaveri, giving her point of view, and then her realization that she might be wrong sometimes? She can train abhira if she really wants abhira to be ideal badi bahu. I don't recall when kavari realise why abhira is making the same mistake that she might have done in past (as per show kaveri was just like abhira). Kaveri's character herself said that she can judge anyone at a glance, but the same woman couldn't see the real intension of ruhi or Phupha Sa when he was abusive. Kaveri don't like abhira ok but ruhi is her choice na why can't she make ruhi understand to move on and helping ruhi to build relationship with rohit. I can't tell if it's lazy writing, a lack of creativity, or the result of work pressure, especially since Bhavan is the writer for both YRKKH and Anupama.

yes but apparently viewers want to see an unhappy heroine… so that’s why kaveri and Ruhi are there..to make abhira unhappy ,.but it’s still not bringing in trps
Indira1211 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Originally posted by: Sera-high123

No regular audience of ITV likes a negative lead, but they are needed to move the story forward. Although Ruhi is not at the level of Pakhi, she was extremely hated both onscreen and offscreen and still was very much a part of that show and the one of the important reason for TRPs. Ruhi does not get even half the hate that Pakhi used to get.

Also, nobody wants to watch a happy family and a happy female lead. Anupama cries in every episode and has hardly ever been happy in her life, yet the show is No. 1. Her own children do not love her. So, this idea that the audience wants to watch a happy FL with a happy family is simply not true. A female lead crying and worrying gives them TRPs—it was the same when Ekta's shows used to rule, and it's the same now too.

@bold: This is not true. If DKP or the channel wants, they can end the generation in two weeks or a month and start a new generation with a new story. Everyone in ITV is replaceable. The TRP audience accepted Shivangi, Pranali, and Samriddhi; they will accept the FL of the new generation too.

Ghum did not end because the male lead's family was toxic and the TRP audience (the only thing that matters) did not like it. In fact, that show and the pairing with Shakit were the No. 1 couple and consistently No. 2 in TRP charts, even reaching No. 1 for a month. It ended because they could not afford the ML.

yes but kaveri and Ruhi causing trouble for abhira doesn’t seem to be bringing in trps ..trps are falling.. maybe viewers want something different from, rishta than they expected from,ghum…this is the first time rishta has such an extended third angle that’s also,a vamp villain..and viewers both online and trp seem to be sick of her. As for happy shows,.well currently ghum has become a fairly happy show now since the toxic bhosle family has left ..and it has regained its no. 2 position..so their pleasant episodes seem to be working…
Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Critics

Originally posted by: Shineeeee

Have you guys watched that awesome work? How natural Nayanthara's face and neck was done make-up. I was so sure that's she's definitely a dusky queen! Hats off to makers!!!

Yes I saw it. She looked damn ugly. A complete downgrade from Preesha smiley11 She looked like some ancient character from the olden days. Glad they changed her look afterwards.
The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Neutrals

No regular audience of ITV likes a negative lead, but they are needed to move the story forward. Although Ruhi is not at the level of Pakhi, she was extremely hated both onscreen and offscreen and still was very much a part of that show and the one of the important reason for TRPs. Ruhi does not get even half the hate that Pakhi used to get.

Also, nobody wants to watch a happy family and a happy female lead. Anupama cries in every episode and has hardly ever been happy in her life, yet the show is No. 1. Her own children do not love her. So, this idea that the audience wants to watch a happy FL with a happy family is simply not true. A female lead crying and worrying gives them TRPs—it was the same when Ekta's shows used to rule, and it's the same now too.

@bold: This is not true. If DKP or the channel wants, they can end the generation in two weeks or a month and start a new generation with a new story. Everyone in ITV is replaceable. The TRP audience accepted Shivangi, Pranali, and Samriddhi; they will accept the FL of the new generation too.

Ghum did not end because the male lead's family was toxic and the TRP audience (the only thing that matters) did not like it. In fact, that show and the pairing with Shakit were the No. 1 couple and consistently No. 2 in TRP charts, even reaching No. 1 for a month. It ended because they could not afford the ML.

Just one correction: Ghum2 was not No. 1 for only a month. It was No.1 show for nearly 3 months beating Anupama. The end week of Ghum2 also beat Anupama in trps.
Edited by The_Best - 17 days ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Originally posted by: Ambajee

Wow this was some good ITV period.. I remember even Ek Hazaroon mein was also airing during this time and Manavi character won an award for shaving off her head for the cancer as SP Nayi Soch thing..! Good times!

sp had nayes soch during 2000's but ab sirf bekar soch hai. Now if i go back these shows were more progressive than current itv shows 😂

https://youtu.be/Q3wo0AVHdr0?si=Ig76RQpAvrJs3vhR

Aadi04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Critics

IPK even though iconic for us, didn't do too well in TRP.The show was light hearted and ML was good except for the first 6 months. That just shows even with that chemistry, TRP audience were not too fond of the show.

I used to watch ipk very fondly .. but it was a just an Indian version of any Jane Austen novel it should have ended 100 episodes earlier around 250 episodes because after marriage the show became boring .

Edited by Aadi04 - 17 days ago