Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MayaFruitbae thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Firefly_shines

after your post, I checked out the show on wiki and I am disgusted to say the least. I canโ€™t believe something like this was on air on television and went on for 500+ episodes.

Already the moral conflict and a bit of infidelity was disturbing but I gave it a pass coz ani wasnโ€™t married but EMA is the last thing I would want from the leads especially ML. Also contrary to many here, for me Ani is married. Why? Simply because he has declared Arshi as his wife in front of the world and accepted himself as a married man. His consent is all that I care.. and he is genuinely trying to move on... the day he verbally states to be unmarried I would take that but I doubt he would do thatโ€ฆ he never accepted temple marriage, always called it nakli. So for me more than rituals and registration Aniโ€™s words and actions matter.

This is one of the reasons I couldnโ€™t enjoy the recent dream sequence but then I somehow pacified myself that itโ€™s just a dream.. mind and emotions are complex itโ€™s difficult to have control over your thoughts but if this starts happening in reality I wonโ€™t be able to take it. I canโ€™t enjoy โ€œchemistryโ€ at the cost of nonsense getting spewed.. a bearable story is equally important with characters and pair.. runak can only happen if there is a clean slate or I will happily accept jhanakโ€™s solo journey but not cheating.

This actually reminds me of the show silsila. I could never bring myself to support or sympathise with Kunal.. he was wrong for me despite a major chunk of audience supporting his affair with Nandini ( again just coz they had good chemistry).. this serial was trauma in itself but only good thing was I fell in love with Mauli.. one of the most beautifully written charactersโ€ฆ so if by any chance makers show runak taking ema route it will be Tata bye bye to this show from my sideโ€ฆ

True, I am also not an advocate of EMA.

But looking at our writer, I feel she will have no regret in showing this too with some sort of white wash as hindi viewers are mostly against it. As she didnt show the real marriage between the parallel lead here, used it in a much clever way. And right now the way female lead is all of a sudden remembering Anirudh as her husband and the extra love she is feeling, we might get to watch an EMA as they wont erase Arshi from the show as they dont have much story to show or are least bothered to show leads journey together. There can even be a sudden confession from Jhanak same like the Kashmir confession out of no where . I was always clear that the moment they show Arshi marriage I will quit the show, but the writer left it open which an be reversed anytime. So I dont know hiw she will keep the viewers hooked if she shows any EMA and right now trp is what is driving the PH and their story telling seems to take an back seat after aag series as there is connection for any characters and their actions .

Same like you the dream sequence was not enjoyable . And I haven't seen Silsila , but know it was about EMA.

Let us see how they will confuse and keep us hanged further.

Edited by MayaFruitbae - a month ago
sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

Originally posted by: PPak

Rekha, always like to read your thoughts. It was based on general feeling in the forum, and me trying to explain my thoughts.

Also me questioning Runak now and sharing my thoughts on Adi's role does not mean I have moved on from Runak? I have always maintained that Runak will be end game, because warts and all they both love eo, and for ITV audience love prevails over insults, inconsideration, disrespect and mental torture because of their great love for each other. I won't even attempt to debate this because I am also an viewer who has been hooked on to Runak by Leena for the past 200 episodes, so moving to another pairing will take more episodes of cementing the relationship, which currently Adi J do not have and will likely not happen, bcos clearly this is a story of destiny not love and consistency.

Some of us like Adi and his role but that does not mean we have moved on from Runak. It means we are enjoying the checks and balance, jealousy, anger he is bringing to Ani, because it has been long overdue. I never said people should like the Adi J pairing and move on. Adi is bringing a flavor of Runak that is also entertaining. I am enjoying Ani experiencing what he has been doling out to J since the start of the show, and can I add without an ounce of regret and with full understanding of what it is likely doing to Jhanak. Hurt J because he is hurting; and hurting because of his own actions.

As we discussed, it's Leena's prerogative, she set expectations she chooses not to deliver on for the moment, and she knows the expectations she set will keep the viewers through all these tracks, that why she set a strong foundation for Runak. She brought Adi in to highlight where Ani went wrong. If the story was Ani came to Mumbai saw J after months of moving on with Arshi and giving up on her... they met they confessed came together and went to BH to romance get married and live happily ever after with other domestic tracks, where is the reckoning??? and you said you would disappear at that point as well smiley1

We all have our perspectives and sharing in a forum is a fun way to ask and debate, share our POV, and not to be taken as one POV being superior to another. If we did try to establish superiority - it will be is love more or respect more in a relationship and each of us know what works for us...no right or wrong here. J I know will pick love, based on her characterization, thats why Runak is end game 100%. If she does not, Leena would have gone a very non-typical ITV way. ITV is about love and more than love - 'sindoor'

I came back to edit this post to add - even if Ani shi get their marriage court registered, i can bet the story will say Sindoor is over law, almost to the theory that once sindoor was applied no marriage can be annulled, end in divorce etc. This is a reflection of audience thinking. Thats why Arshi never got her Sindoor from Ani and J got it twice in reality and once in a dream. Ani can sleep with Arshi, travel with her, trust and priortize Arshi, but until he puts sindoor on Arshi to cancel out J's sindoor, its still j who is his wife in 'hidden reality' lol

Priya, ( is that your name? I recall a post which mentioned your name but not sure.. forgive me if itโ€™s not your name) .. ๐Ÿ˜Š

There was a sentence that stuck out from your entire post yesterday due to which I intervened to write about it. Those words were โ€œAs someone said I hope they dont make Adi negative to white wash Ani and have him clean escape all the other horrid things he has done to J.โ€

You may wonder what is so specific in this that I butted into the discussion with Vidya. Your entire post was a construction of Adiโ€™s characterisation as a counterfoil to Ani and you made interesting points which even I accepted with the only proviso that the narrative has to bear it out for it fructify.

However I hope you will recognise the point in bold which you wrote is an expression of how you see the story perhaps developing and your apprehension that the writers may not give the desired arc to Adi to prejudice Ani. Fair point but I had hoped you will appreciate the similarities in the positions held by others in this respect.

The only difference is they view it in the opposite way. So when you question why someone is not warming up to a character, I felt it only fair to point out that some sensibilities are at play not just for them but you tooโ€ฆindeed for us all and which is why I mentioned the various sub sets of audienceโ€ฆ we could find ourselves in one of them or any other sub set that I may have ignored.

As viewers we are often enough beholden to our sensibilities and the expression finds itself in our perception of fictional charactersโ€ฆ no particular rationality necessarily involved perhaps just emotion. So I wasnโ€™t making a value judgement but pondering why one thought process should supersede another as the information in our domain is limited at the moment.

That said, obviously we all are just putting forth our perspectives and differences are welcome. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by sanfan - a month ago
rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

And I dare say, that's what the makers are trying to do here, to draw up a comparison between how bad Ani is with how good Adi is , they are coming up with a comparative case study for the two iin the viewer's mind smiley1

Good ploy, apart from TRP stats that show a scapegoat , butchered Ani coupled with a zillat se bhari J , is a sure shot recipe to success smiley2

โ€œAs someone said I hope they dont make Ani negative to white wash Adi"

And they are doing it so subtly, that viewers fail to see, that at one side while Adi vouches to be J's friend, well-wisher and selfless guide when he is near J, he portrays just the opposite when he is in front of Ani - while it creates the necessary upheaval in Ani's mind, J will unfortunately bear the brunt of this turmoil smiley32

So while I do not know which one of the two Adi to trust in, I can see he is spelling impending doom this way or that for J smiley44

Happens when you hand over your relationships at others mercy and let others control and toy with it smiley15

Originally posted by: sanfan

Priya, ( is that your name? I recall a post which mentioned your name but not sure.. forgive me if itโ€™s not your name) .. ๐Ÿ˜Š

There was a sentence that stuck out from your entire post yesterday due to which I intervened to write about it. Those words were โ€œAs someone said I hope they dont make Adi negative to white wash Ani and have him clean escape all the other horrid things he has done to J.โ€

You may wonder what is so specific in this that I butted into the discussion with Vidya. Your entire post was a construction of Adiโ€™s characterisation as a counterfoil to Ani and you made interesting points which even I accepted with the only proviso that the narrative has to bear it out for it fructify.

However I hope you will recognise the point in bold which you wrote is an expression of how you see the story perhaps developing and your apprehension that the writers may not give the desired arc to Adi to prejudice Ani. Fair point but I had hoped you will appreciate the similarities in the positions held by others in this respect.

The only difference is they view it in the opposite way. So when you question why someone is not warming up to a character, I felt it only fair to point out that some sensibilities are at play not just for them but you tooโ€ฆindeed for us all and which is why I mentioned the various sub sets of audienceโ€ฆ we could find ourselves in one of them or any other sub set that I may have ignored.

As viewers we are often enough beholden to our sensibilities and the expression finds itself in our perception of fictional charactersโ€ฆ no particular rationality necessarily involved perhaps just emotion. So I wasnโ€™t making a value judgement but pondering why one thought process should supersede another as the information in our domain is limited at the moment.

That said, obviously we all are just putting forth our perspectives and differences are welcome. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by rysohini - a month ago
rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Odd, Priya did not get tagged!

Originally posted by: rysohini

And I dare say, that's what the makers are trying to do here, to draw up a comparison between how bad Ani is with how good Adi is , they are coming up with a comparative case study for the two iin the viewer's mind smiley1

Good ploy, apart from TRP stats that show a scapegoat , butchered Ani coupled with a zillat se bhari J , is a sure shot recipe to success smiley2

And they are doing it so subtly, that viewers fail to see, that at one while Adi vouches to be J's friend, well-wisher and selfless guide when he is near J, he portrays just the opposite when he is in front of Ani - while it creates the necessary upheaval in Ani's mind, J will unfortunately bear the brunt of this turmoil smiley32

So while I do not know which one of the two Adi to trust in, I can see he is spelling impending doom this way or that for J smiley44

Happens when you hand over your relationships at others mercy and let others control and toy with it smiley15

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rysohini

And they are doing it so subtly, that viewers fail to see, that at one while Adi vouches to be J's friend, well-wisher and selfless guide when he is near J, he portrays just the opposite when he is in front of Ani - while it creates the necessary upheaval in Ani's mind, J will unfortunately bear the brunt of this turmoil smiley32

Thats exactly what is happening here.

Is Ani reacting more out of jealousy or the need to protect J? PDA with Arshi or calling her an outsider is in no way going to help J understand Ani's concern. Him saying he never thought j was a person who would stick to Adi to grow her career. ughhh. If he had been just jealous its rather cute, but him maligning her character based on this, makes him look very bad. What the hell was that for? Why demean him to this level? They made it a point to show Guruji who came in recently trusts Jhanak. Where are the makers going?

And Sohini it is no longer subtle. Makers are now overdoing his jealousy in a way that it clouds his judgement and is rattling him a lot. Now why show this unless they are going to make him do something terrible. I'm scared now. I don't like the way this is heading.

Whether Adi's good or bad, if he is good Runak will get together sooner, if he is bad, then he along with Arshi will keep the 2 separate longer. Whatever Adi says he is def interested in J.

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rekha - I get your point now. I did not get it yesterday. It actually hit me while reading Sohini's response to your post as she highlighted the Ani being made negative to uplift Adi. You are subject matter wise so advanced in your writing, that it took Sohini's interpretation for me to get it. I typically also have to read your posts twice to get the points you make. Your points are interesting, that is why I make an effort to read till I understand, but it is complex for me. Are you in the literary field?

After so much of thought into the show daily, it was kind of interesting to see each of us view the same show so differently in a way that cannot be rationalized.

I used to feel this way abt US elections, extended the learning to story telling perspectives now smiley1

Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Firefly_shines

after your post, I checked out the show on wiki and I am disgusted to say the least. I canโ€™t believe something like this was on air on television and went on for 500+ episodes.

Already the moral conflict and a bit of infidelity was disturbing but I gave it a pass coz ani wasnโ€™t married but EMA is the last thing I would want from the leads especially ML. Also contrary to many here, for me Ani is married. Why? Simply because he has declared Arshi as his wife in front of the world and accepted himself as a married man. His consent is all that I care.. and he is genuinely trying to move on... the day he verbally states to be unmarried I would take that but I doubt he would do thatโ€ฆ he never accepted temple marriage, always called it nakli. So for me more than rituals and registration Aniโ€™s words and actions matter.

This is one of the reasons I couldnโ€™t enjoy the recent dream sequence but then I somehow pacified myself that itโ€™s just a dream.. mind and emotions are complex itโ€™s difficult to have control over your thoughts but if this starts happening in reality I wonโ€™t be able to take it. I canโ€™t enjoy โ€œchemistryโ€ at the cost of nonsense getting spewed.. a bearable story is equally important with characters and pair.. runak can only happen if there is a clean slate or I will happily accept jhanakโ€™s solo journey but not cheating.

This actually reminds me of the show silsila. I could never bring myself to support or sympathise with Kunal.. he was wrong for me despite a major chunk of audience supporting his affair with Nandini ( again just coz they had good chemistry).. this serial was trauma in itself but only good thing was I fell in love with Mauli.. one of the most beautifully written charactersโ€ฆ so if by any chance makers show runak taking ema route it will be Tata bye bye to this show from my sideโ€ฆ

Leena is a dirty writer..and her stories are like this only...she never allows a healthy normal relationship between the leads..this monologues and excessive focus on side characters are her trademark in regional tv.. atleast she is scared of the national tv audience and did not show marriage completion between ML and PL..so atleast audience do not consider ML FL bond as EMA..but take my word, the show will fall out of top 5 soon because of her writings and I will be happy if it happens sooner than later.

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PPak

Rekha - I get your point now. I did not get it yesterday. It actually hit me while reading Sohini's response to your post as she highlighted the Ani being made negative to uplift Adi. You are subject matter wise so advanced in your writing, that it took Sohini's interpretation for me to get it. I typically also have to read your posts twice to get the points you make. Your points are interesting, that is why I make an effort to read till I understand, but it is complex for me. Are you in the literary field?

After so much of thought into the show daily, it was kind of interesting to see each of us view the same show so differently in a way that cannot be rationalized.

I used to feel this way abt US elections, extended the learning to story telling perspectives now smiley1

lol!! This is really funny for meโ€ฆ

Now I am going to labour hard to be understood the first time itself ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ else I anyway know Sohini will step in ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I am not in the literary field but it is a subject of great interest to me. I look at this medium among others to understand the way change percolates in society.

Indeed, fascinating that we all come with such varied perspectives.

Ah US elections!! Since you mention thisโ€ฆ I would say with the advent of social media and the modes in which news is consumed amid corporatisation of mediaโ€ฆ there is profusion of views which is so telling!! Thatโ€™s another interesting topic but I will stop now. You do make very insightful points.. keep at it ๐Ÿ˜Š

See you in the new EDT

MayaFruitbae thumbnail

"As someone said I hope they dont make Adi negative to white wash Ani and have him clean escape all the other horrid things he has done to J.โ€

Copying the sentence from your post

The bold sentence is actually opposite now.Aditya is white washed for showing Anirudh in a negative way.

Anirudh is the character which is the story from the start. So why cant he be white washed as he has been incredibly good till the aag series.. And he is supposed to be the main character of the story.

For me Aditya itself is a bleached character at the moment than from his first ad shoot. Now he is acting in two different ways with Anirudh and Jhanak.

And what not Jhanak also get whitewashed in the hunger of showing her as a strong lead with senseless dialogues to Anirudh.. Arshi is bleached to be almost a different character.

Then why not Anirudh , Leena please order the bleach as soon as possible, I am waiting...๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Atleast for a few episodes make him back to og . And then again lets play with trp. .

MayaFruitbae thumbnail

lol!! This is really funny for meโ€ฆ

Now I am going to labour hard to be understood the first time itself ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ else I anyway know Sohini will step in ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I am not in the literary field but it is a subject of great interest to me. I look at this medium among others to understand the way change percolates in society.

Indeed, fascinating that we all come with such varied perspectives.

Ah US elections!! Since you mention thisโ€ฆ I would say with the advent of social media and the modes in which news is consumed amid corporatisation of mediaโ€ฆ there is profusion of views which is so telling!! Thatโ€™s another interesting topic but I will stop now. You do make very insightful points.. keep at it ๐Ÿ˜Š

See you in the new EDT

Having said that your vocabulary is so good.. I use google for some words meanings... ๐Ÿ˜

But it is always great to read your perspectives. ๐Ÿฅฐ