Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 hours ago

One thing that is glaringly absent in yesterdays episode is Ani's reaction to Adi's words....realization that he had probably consumated with J without his awareness; recall of his harsh words; the guilt of his actions; his words to others at b/h were good; what about his own feelings of guilt at the extent to which he criticized and insulted J.

Why they never show this? I would have thought after Adi's phone Ani would be a devastated man - not a composed one packed and dressed to take a flight the next day morning. Its almost like they are saying Ani feels a haq to mistreat J because she is his. Maybe the scenes of him struggling with the hospital staff will show that regret.

Makers made clear Ani's intent to come back to his prison cell with Arshi...lets see if Ani stays the course or changes this stance once he sees J and AK.

I love the face offs between Ani and AK...they dont feel serious though, they make it seem like 2 boys squabling over a toy and taking digs at eo. Esp Ani, he has this shameface but still bluster game going. Just seeing AK at the hospital irritated him and the irrationailty in asking the man why he was there when AK is the one who admitted J; only Ani can have the gall, and the kiddish need to be the one to take care of her. Krushal fantastic acting, very well supported by Salman.

Leena does well in pulling small nuances to justify her overall characterization. The fact that Ani wants to be the one who takes care of J does things for her and she has umeed from is shown consistently.

Ani AK interactions are a highlight these days, the sarcasm the cross questioning of Adi on J's behalf was a much needed check for Ani. None of the good basu's had the guts till now.

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PPak

One thing that is glaringly absent in yesterdays episode is Ani's reaction to Adi's words....realization that he had probably consumated with J without his awareness; recall of his harsh words; the guilt of his actions; his words to others at b/h were good; what about his own feelings of guilt at the extent to which he criticized and insulted J.

Why they never show this? I would have thought after Adi's phone Ani would be a devastated man - not a composed one packed and dressed to take a flight the next day morning. Itโ€™s almost like they are saying Ani feels a haq to mistreat J because she is his. Maybe the scenes of him struggling with the hospital staff will show that regret

Makers made clear Ani's intent to come back to his prison cell with Arshi...lets see if Ani stays the course or changes this stance once he sees J and AK.

I love the face offs between Ani and AK...they dont feel serious though, they make it seem like 2 boys squabling over a toy and taking digs at eo. Esp Ani, he has this shameface but still bluster game going. Just seeing AK at the hospital irritated him and the irrationailty in asking the man why he was there when AK is the one who admitted J; only Ani can have the gall, and the kiddish need to be the one to take care of her. Krushal fantastic acting, very well supported by Salman.

Leena does well in pulling small nuances to justify her overall characterization. The fact that Ani wants to be the one who takes care of J does things for her and she has umeed from is shown consistently.

Ani AK interactions are a highlight these days, the sarcasm the cross questioning of Adi on J's behalf was a much needed check for Ani. None of the good basu's had the guts till now.

Bold - Very astute observation. I have an answer for this ๐Ÿ˜ not sure how much it resonates with you

This is an aberration from the makers because they have always worked on Ani as a standalone characterisation

This is because Aniโ€™s character traits are being force fitted to the storyโ€ฆ and not the other way round

Usually we have a broad vision of a story and then the character traits developed alongside this vision. So in some ways itโ€™s known where the character will go from Act to Act

Aniโ€™s case, Leena is doing it a bit differently. This is an adaptation from the OG and some twists are being brought in to justify the change in story. Here, the core conflict is very character driven not situation driven. So, if they end up showing his breakdown before the actual trigger pointโ€ฆ the effect of face offs on which this serial thrives just vanishesโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know if I have been able to put that across properly

If I can give an example, when Jhanak was leaving BH, the night before dynamics were terribly silly. Why? Coz they did not want Ani to meet Jhanak so they moved to her writing that letter!! Where was Ani in that tumultuous moment? Sleeping? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

True.

Jhanak is shown as someone who looks beyond the surface to intent. If not she cannot be loving Ani with no anger as she says; only wanting him to be happy.

They show that she understands Ani - that she realizes all his anger and bluster is out of that much emotion for her. She cannot be 100% sure of this after the brutality Ani displayed; but still she believes deeply that Ani cares for her. As viewers we can see it too,,, thats why the inability for us to hate Ani for his actions. Its clearly shown in the show that J affects Ani so much and hence his intense reactions...The I hate you said more I love you...no one hates with that level of intensity. All his accusations were asking for justification and screaming that he'd rather hurt upset himself just to spend time with her. He wanted her time even if it was fights. He was completely wrong out of order merciless punitive, but he was suffering too and hurting her seemed to give him sadistic pleasure that she was hurting as much as him. Yet she forgives him understands him. She may not welcome him back.

If this is her trait; understanding why Ani hid Brij truth is no biggie. Unless someone messes with J's head and spins a diff take on it; she should be ok. j/ is usually not convinced by others as Ani is. the only thing I felt ever bothered her was Tejas telling her Aniwill never accept her as wife in public.

It's not BBG truth that will make J feel betrayed...it's her mother's suicide note that Ani kept hidden that will hurt her...makers in multiple occasions, have shown that J cannot tolerate anything against her mother ..and such a big truth Urvashi told her before dying along with her last wish of avenging her disrespect is kept secret by Ani...this will turn J against Ani..

PPak thumbnail
Posted: 5 hours ago

Originally posted by: sanfan

Bold - Very astute observation. I have an answer for this ๐Ÿ˜ not sure how much it resonates with you

This is an aberration from the makers because they have always worked on Ani as a standalone characterisation

This is because Aniโ€™s character traits are being force fitted to the storyโ€ฆ and not the other way round

Usually we have a broad vision of a story and then the character traits developed alongside this vision. So in some ways itโ€™s known where the character will go from Act to Act

Aniโ€™s case, Leena is doing it a bit differently. This is an adaptation from the OG and some twists are being brought in to justify the change in story. Here, the core conflict is very character driven not situation driven. So, if they end up showing his breakdown before the actual trigger pointโ€ฆ the effect of face offs on which this serial thrives just vanishesโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know if I have been able to put that across properly

If I can give an example, when Jhanak was leaving BH, the night before dynamics were terribly silly. Why? Coz they did not want Ani to meet Jhanak so they moved to her writing that letter!! Where was Ani in that tumultuous moment? Sleeping? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I completely get what you are saying.

ani's true response to Adi phone call should have been to run out of the door trying to find the quickest route to Mumbai. Thats what I get with words not actions; because with words they can drag this out and we get all the dialogs we got today. The whole wait till morning is to set stage the BH confrontation

I get it but it takes away from the true feel of the show. Seems staged than real. Minimizes emotions...because actions are not as intense as words. Makers should try a mix of both - so we get to see the emotion rather than pause for words.

So many similar examples - when J is unconscious on the floor all dialogs happen and sense of urgency is missing. She could be dying while all discussions are ongoing. smiley37

vira76 thumbnail
Most Liked (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Most Liked (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 4

so true! She is now in the gang with choton and bodoma and others who love to say things but dont do shit! ๐Ÿ˜‚ the major difference is she is evil character while they are good folks that is it!

Originally posted by: sanfan

Viraโ€ฆ yeh ajeeb character Jo truth bombs toh aise phenkti hain sab basm ho jaaye but bhai koi action nahin All bark no bite!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

no wonder Ani ko bhi kuch farq nahin pad raha hain smiley37 but abhi bhi clear nahin hain iska kya vashikaran hain Ani par ๐Ÿ˜‚

PPak thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dibya_C

It's not BBG truth that will make J feel betrayed...it's her mother's suicide note that Ani kept hidden that will hurt her...makers in multiple occasions, have shown that J cannot tolerate anything against her mother ..and such a big truth Urvashi told her before dying along with her last wish of avenging her disrespect is kept secret by Ani...this will turn J against Ani..

Fair point - but not kept forever - with intent to make her successful enough to be in a position to deal with her Dad. And he did not stay idle with the info...he did threaten Guruji with exposure and make him train J for the cultural dance.

But as you said it all depends on how you spin something. based on how she finds out and if there is clear understanding of Ani for who he is.

Dibya_C thumbnail

Fair point - but not kept forever - with intent to make her successful enough to be in a position to deal with her Dad. And he did not stay idle with the info...he did threaten Guruji with exposure and make him train J for the cultural dance.

But as you said it all depends on how you spin something. based on how she finds out and if there is clear understanding of Ani for who he is.

She will eventually realise Ani's point why he kept it secret from her ..but as the first response, she will be hurt..

DiLaila thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I completely get what you are saying.

ani's true response to Adi phone call should have been to run out of the door trying to find the quickest route to Mumbai. Thats what I get with words not actions; because with words they can drag this out and we get all the dialogs we got today. The whole wait till morning is to set stage the BH confrontation

I get it but it takes away from the true feel of the show. Seems staged than real. Minimizes emotions...because actions are not as intense as words. Makers should try a mix of both - so we get to see the emotion rather than pause for words.

So many similar examples - when J is unconscious on the floor all dialogs happen and sense of urgency is missing. She could be dying while all discussions are ongoing. smiley37

are girls there were no flights, cars, buses and trains that night from Kolkata to Mumbai smiley19smiley36

Ani went from the room to find the information about it, but he did not return to his room matlab he was on his computer trying to book the flight he could find and it seems the flight was very early in the morning as Arshi asked her parents to come in the morning and they are still to arrive at BH smiley2smiley36

On a serious note, the makers are always consistent with showing discussion between characters rather than reacting with urgency when someone is almost dying in front of them smiley36

Edited by DiLaila - 5 hours ago
Dibya_C thumbnail
Posted: 4 hours ago

Originally posted by: DiLaila

are girls there were no flights, cars, buses and trains that night from Kolkata to Mumbai smiley19smiley36

Ani went from the room to find the information about it, but he did not return to his room matlab he was on his computer trying to book the flight he could find and it seems the flight was very early in the morning as Arshi asked her parents to come in the morning and they are still to arrive at BH smiley2smiley36

On a serious note, the makers are always consistent with showing discussion between characters rather than reacting with urgency when someone is almost dying in front of them smiley36

This is Leena's signature style! Only talk and talk...all family members gather in hall and talk...no action ..only talk๐Ÿ˜‚

All of her shows have same hall drama,๐Ÿ˜…

Edited by Dibya_C - 4 hours ago
sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 hours ago

Originally posted by: DiLaila

here I am trying to respond to user @shanakanjโ€™s comment

@bold I wanted to reply to this. And this is just my thoughts, which I am not sure you agree with or not. Still I think about the sacrifices Ani did and made others do in the story till now.

Ani once gave Jhanak Arshiโ€™s ad campaign. He felt genuinely guilty about it. But because at that time Jhanak needed it more than Arshi, he sacrificed Arshi for Jhanak. The reason he gave to Arshi that this ad campaign is too small for her and she will have a bigger offer. Arshi could not choose what to do because Ani did not tell her that he gave this campaign to Jhanak. Maybe Arshi would have agreed to help Jhanak, but knowing Arshiโ€™s growing resentment over Jhanak, Ani feared Arshi will not allow Jhanak to snatch her opportunity especially with Shrishti influence on Arshi. So, he made this decision by himself.

Now, coming to dance competition Ani did the same for Arshi when Arshi needed to win the competition. She was more vulnerable in Aniโ€™s opinion and he asked this sacrifice from Jhanak. The reason he gave to Jhanak that Arshi can go into depression and she needs to win the competition. Jhanak had a choice between loosing or winning the competition, which Arshi did not have. Why? Because Anirudh subconsciously believes Jhanak will always choose the kindness towards Arshi over rivalry with Arshi. Jhanak asked him to make her didi happy when they get married. Also, after the aag incident got clarified that Jhanak was a victim not a culprit, Anirudh belief in Jhanakโ€™s kindness to Arshi increased. Because Jhanak did not jail Arshiโ€™s mother but she could. So, for Ani to ask Jhanak for help in the matters of insanity towards Arshi is something I can at least try to understand. Deep inside Ani believes in Jhanakโ€™s kindness towards people and she always showed it back to him that she is kind towards his family.

Therefore, when you say that nobody asked him to sacrifice. This is Aniโ€™s core belief to sacrifice at the required time for a person in need. And itโ€™s not like he asked for Jhanakโ€™s life sacrifice. He told Jhanak that you will have other opportunities that Adi will give you.

When it comes to Arshi and the way he told about ehsaan Jhanak did for Arshi on his request, itโ€™s because Ani admires Jhanak for her ability to sacrifice for the people the same way he is able to sacrifice himself for Jhanak when she is in need, for his evil familyโ€™s happiness, for Arshi if needed. Jhanak sacrificed Ani for Arshi, her win in the competition and Ani loves Jhanak for that. But he knows Arshi will not be able to do such sacrifices because in Kashmir when she invited Jhanak to compete through Ani, she had to share her win with Jhanak and she despised that Jhanak won. Arshi voiced it to Ani and Ani got a hint that Arshi will not like to sacrifice for Jhanak ever again. So, Ani compares Arshi to Jhanak saying that Jhanak can sacrifice implying you canโ€™t even appreciate that Jhanak sacrifices for you.

Today Ani also almost shared that Jhanak sacrificed him for Arshi. But Rekha @sanfan already analyzed that.

Sorry, long post, please let me know if it makes sense to you

I restarted watching the show today: the episodes 301-304 finally, loved them, Krushal, Salman, Hiba and Boses - performance is commendable. Even Charsi didi was good. Leenaji intrigued me again to come back to watching the show ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

I want to make one small point Ani marrying Arshi is his decision alone not Jhanakโ€™s irrespective of how much ever pressure was brought upon him by anyone.

In fact that is the conflict in this story. The reason Arshi is in the montage now not before even if Arshi has been a factor for Jhanak from day one

The conflict reaches its zenith only when Ani recognises this. He has compartmentalised the emotions and there will be price to pay