Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Goddy2010 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 23 hours ago

Originally posted by: tellyme

My focus as of now is, Ani's desperation for Jhanak and then bringing his focus only on Jhanak, convincing her of his love..Tadap from Krushal - that would be a treat to watch.

I want minimal focus on BH as of now. I personally would want Ani to claim it loud and clear when they will be expecting Ani to be sorry for being with Jhanak...

Ani not at all sorry for being by the side of Jhanak, without hesitation, wow!!! I want that.

And who will make video ?- maybe Adi due to jealousy but I doubt.

I want their love to come out open especially Aniโ€™s love for Janak.

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PPak

smiley1 I started responding to your other post and got distracted by the abrupt change in show dynamics....I wonder if my response will get muted by the bts we are getting of Ani's reaction to J's surgery.

I'll try to finish it today. One line you said really got me all worked up - Ani's callousness and J's rush to confront cancel each other out almost. I know Ani loves J and thats why his reaction to J is always so strong; but what use is a love that is as destructive. I am waiting too for Ani's thinking behind all the decisions he has made to date; why he never wanted to give up Arshi even when he loved J etc.; but now I feel we will never get one - simply because there is no rational answer that will justify him. It can only make him look bad. Makers will completely avoid answering that like they did the fire incident.

You know what...human behavior - till a couple of days ago - I would have throttled Ani if I could and shaken sense into him. One day of his running out on Arshi for J made me almost forgive Ani for the 100 times he insulted J with intention to hurt her because he was hurting. This is what allows writers like Leena to get away with her tortourous plots because end of day; however we criticize Leena; most of us are fickle. When romance is shown all prev mental trauma is shelved and forgotten. Leena is just using real peoples true emotions against us. I'm going to try to not call her out anymore. Audience enjoying the current track are no different from her. No?

Regarding the previous post; my writing personality in the forum is not aligned with who I think I am as a person. The forum is a good place to expend emotions and it sometimes makes up for the lack of drama or excitement in real life...drama I nether want or need for real that is... plus of course Runak keeps alive the second hand romance experience..a bit like Lalon & Appu di for Kajal smiley1 The downside is when the story gets toxic...it does affect my emotions in real life...I am unable to block it out completely. We did get to a state where the toxicity was drowning the entertainment quotient. I'm glad for the current change.

Typically - reaction from others... to me watching this show - daily eagerly almost obsessively; feels like...I've fallen short wrt their perception of me. smiley1 Husband dear told me a few weeks ago that I'm developing a thicker Indian accent watching the show.

See even you are subconsciously being apologetic for watching the show....'watching only clips'???

Priya I rarely watch ITV showsโ€ฆ the last I watched seriously was a cute show Yeh un dinon ki baat hain and before that a show called ek duke ke vaaste

am roughly aware of the fare being dished out coz I tend to surf a max of 30 mins in a day for a particular time slot so anything in that time slot if interesting gets my attention and if not I just move on to something else for that 30 mins and thatโ€™s it

My fascination for Jhanak was gradual and after an initial watch I almost didnโ€™t watch until March this year seriously and the.n went and binge watched the older episodes..Tbh for me the draw was Aniโ€™s peculiar characterisation

To put it simply, I take Aniโ€™s traits as purely a personality trait that someone can develop for not particularly deep reasons. I know a lot of others have talked of his childhood trauma and emotional neglect and while I take that on board, since I am a person who only looks at what the narrative tells me in clear terms I am only inclined to believe that Aniโ€™s nature is merely that - his nature ( could be a result of emotional neglect but since I have not seen him crave his family approval much I just read it as a traitโ€ฆ and to put it simply sometimes in life you meet someone who is say committeemen phobic.. you donโ€™t necessarily assume a deep backstory though there could be one, for me I simply see Ani as a non confrontational person

Did Leena write him as I read him - I donโ€™t know

When I see Ani handle this new situation, I will discover that

As for feeling apologetic for watching the serial.. I am clear in what I look for in art and imitation of real life or vice verse is not my thing. That said, my irritation is trying to get what the writer wants to say about this character whose transgressions are borne out his confusion and indecisiveness. The toxicity you talk about is more around the other angles in the show. With Ani Jhanak on whom I am focused I feel it is a case of two unlikely people who would have otherwise passed by never really seeking out the other except in the circumstances they met and if not for the overreach by Ani. Their circumstances are causing the complexity to appear toxic else left to themselves they had decided to move on. Even now if Jhanak hadnโ€™t called asked Adi to call, Ani would Ani have known her fate?

About what is love? You asked if such a destructive love is if any use? Wellโ€ฆ letโ€™s just sayโ€ฆ people understand love differently. In a different setting, Ani would have secured a good hostel for Jhanak and when chastised by family for his over involvement in her life, made discreet arrangements for her safety or better still, Jhanak would have found a way out for a better life and most certainly met a lawyer to sort the wedding mess ( better still there would have been no forced wedding at all) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But this is fiction, so Ani couldnโ€™t resist the lure of beautiful Jhanak and had to complicate his life and ours smiley37๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

This is relatable, my friends and family sway between disbeliefment and bewilderment with "You , you watch iTV? And write about it?"

Dost bhi aise paal rakhe hai, they confiscate my phone , first thing, the moment they set eyes on me smiley36

Initially I tried to lure a few female friends of mine into watching, but eventually they have tried radicalising me instead smiley1

Originally posted by: sanfan

Join the gang!!

I will also never volunteer this info to anyone and if they knew I write about it ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ it would be too funny

Now the only thing is I donโ€™t watch the full serial just a few clips - here and there

If they show no improvement I guess this will hopefully wear off if I find out whatโ€™s holding back Ani so badly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by rysohini - 21 hours ago
sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rysohini

This is relatable, my friends and family sway between disbeliefment and bewilderment with "You , you watch iTV? And write about it?"

Dost bhi aise paal rakhe hai, they confiscate my phone , first thing, the moment they set eyes on me smiley36

Initially I tried to lure a few female friends of my into watching, but eventually they have tried radicalising me instead smiley1

lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I tried convincing one of my close friends who otherwise tends to agree with my reading of fictional characters or shows but this one I couldnโ€™t get her to watch beyond 5 episodes

She told me.Nahin yaar is baar tumhari baat mere palle nahin pad rahi hain She went into say the only serious draw is Krushal Hiba chemistry that is striking and worthwhile

As a person who is usually drawn first to storytelling and then to actors I am very confused if my friend is right ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

rysohini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 22 hours ago

Ahem, I would have to agree that your friend is spot onsmiley36But what I have realised with iTV is with 1000 epi s on the cards, storytelling takes a backseat !

And if I compare this show with any other, that I did not last for more than 40 50 epis, it had gotta be RuNak and Ani Bose smiley1

Also, the extent that these characters are flawed, is a first on iTV ! With my limited exposure of iTV, I still would infer, that we have not seen a character like Ani Bose and may be never will!

Ani Bose will remain an icon , we just might start getting a few sasta copies here and there. However, it would take a Krushal Ahuja to breath life into Ani Bose, they fit eo like hand in glove smiley42

Just glad that iTV is somewhat coming of age, where characters are how we are in real life, not mahaan , just very real, raw and flawed smiley32

Like we err, they err too, there's no real urge to remain "heroic" ! This is what makes it relatable and helps connect smiley27

It is amazing when sometimes all my speculations and moral policing , of abb ise yeh karna chhaiye, abb ise yeh bolna chahiye , goes for a toss ! At other times, when they behave like I expected them to, I be like , yes , this is what is expected of this character smiley1

I think the unpredictability of the story, plus the layers that the characters have, and whether you are able to look beyond the exterior , delve deeper to try gauge what these characters are actually experiencing, makes it a compelling watch smiley20 Will have to give Leena that smiley32

P.S. I have had such aghast, flabbergasted reactions of friends, that it has really jolted me hard , now some of them tease me by jeering "Jhanak" , "Jhanak" every time they meet me smiley37

lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I tried convincing one of my close friends who otherwise tends to agree with my reading of fictional characters or shows but this one I couldnโ€™t get her to watch beyond 5 episodes

She told me.Nahin yaar is baar tumhari baat mere palle nahin pad rahi hain She went into say the only serious draw is Krushal Hiba chemistry that is striking and worthwhile

As a person who is usually drawn first to storytelling and then to actors I am very confused if my friend is right ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Goddy2010 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 22 hours ago

Originally posted by: rysohini

Ahem, I would have to agree that your friend is spot onsmiley36But what I have realised with iTV is with 1000 epi s on the cards, storytelling takes a backseat !

And if I compare this show with any other, that I did not last for more than 40 50 epis, it had gotta be RuNak and Ani Bose smiley1

Also, the extent that these characters are flawed, is a first on iTV ! With my limited exposure of iTV, I still would infer, that we have not seen a character like Ani Bose and may be never will!

Ani Bose will remain an icon , we just might start getting a few sasta copies here and there. However, it would take a Krushal Ahuja to breath life into Ani Bose, they fit eo like hand in glove smiley42

Just glad that iTV is somewhat coming of age, where characters are how we are in real life, not mahaan , just very real, raw and flawed smiley32

Like we err, they err too, there's no real urge to remain "heroic" ! This is what makes it relatable and helps connect smiley27

It is amazing when sometimes all my speculations and moral policing , of abb ise yeh karna chhaiye, abb ise yeh bolna chahiye , goes for a toss ! At other times, when they behave like I expected them to, I be like , yes , this is what is expected of this character smiley1

I think the unpredictability of the story, plus the layers that the characters have, and whether you are able to look beyond the exterior , delve deeper to try gauge what these characters are actually experiencing, makes it a compelling watch smiley20 Will have to give Leena that smiley32

P.S. I have had such aghast, flabbergasted reactions of friends, that it has really jolted me hard , now some of them tease me by jeering "Jhanak" , "Jhanak" every time they meet me smiley37

Well said Sohini. Five words.

PPak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 21 hours ago

Priya I rarely watch ITV showsโ€ฆ the last I watched seriously was a cute show Yeh un dinon ki baat hain and before that a show called ek duke ke vaaste

same here - IPPKND and Imlie are the only 2 shows i've watched from beg till end...IPPKND watched after it aired and Imlie relegiously from day 1 - first promo drew me in. I also watched parts of a show - ye rishta hai pyaar ki.

am roughly aware of the fare being dished out coz I tend to surf a max of 30 mins in a day for a particular time slot so anything in that time slot if interesting gets my attention and if not I just move on to something else for that 30 mins and thatโ€™s it

I watch only one show at a time. But the one I watch - I like to analyse thoroughly and try to predict the writers thoughts abt the story progression - so i spend at least 1-2 hrs everyday on J. Leena confounds me most times; but I think I have respect for the way she is able to at churn out fare that is difficult to predict but in a strange way logical. Everyday I ask myself; am I wasting time on something of no specific value; will I be accountable to God for the time wasted, but then I tell myself we are all entitled to some entertainment albeit nonsensical... smiley37

My fascination for Jhanak was gradual and after an initial watch I almost didnโ€™t watch until March this year seriously and the.n went and binge watched the older episodes..Tbh for me the draw was Aniโ€™s peculiar characterisation

I started Jhanak - the day of her wedding with Anurag...after much lobbying from a friend. I did not want to watch it as I did not initially think hiba was a good actress, and after Imlie - acting chops mattered..Usually 3 episodes and I quit. This show drew me in like IPKKND and Imlie. The scenes that cinched it for me are Ani and J trip to Rahul's dairy farm and J and Ani garden scene where Ani gets J's number....in both instances, you could subtly see Ani's core trait of manipulation; and I love grey MLs. I started watching for Krushal and his characterization and acting.

To put it simply, I take Aniโ€™s traits as purely a personality trait that someone can develop for not particularly deep reasons. I know a lot of others have talked of his childhood trauma and emotional neglect and while I take that on board, since I am a person who only looks at what the narrative tells me in clear terms I am only inclined to believe that Aniโ€™s nature is merely that - his nature ( could be a result of emotional neglect but since I have not seen him crave his family approval much I just read it as a traitโ€ฆ and to put it simply sometimes in life you meet someone who is say committeemen phobic.. you donโ€™t necessarily assume a deep backstory though there could be one, for me I simply see Ani as a non confrontational person

This is partly why your posts resonate with me. I dont see Ani as how he should have been and how the writer messed up. For me writer is God...while watching a show. I will try to predict what Ani or J would do based on their respective char sketch to date; but Ani is everything Leena makes him to be...warts and all. No...writer was sloppy...this is not Ani... etc...even if it is the reason; the story is the story, one cannot consume the story based on one's impression of what Ani should do. Its a bit like forecast and actuals :) You can forecast but once it airs; its actual; cant be disregarded, erased - as this is not Ani. Ani is everything he does. Same for J.

I see Ani as someone who was coasting in life - happily. Yes some issues at home, but nothing too out of the norm; his parents were dysfunctional but then jeth Bodo Choton and Appu fill that void. Then J enters his life and - from day 1 there is a force that is pulling him towards her continously that he does not even try to resist out of deference to Arshi. Things did not happen unintentionally. Ani made them happen. Ani is not dumb enough to think he is not doing wrong to Arshi by running behind J; using sympathy as an excuse. No otherwise normal human is. He has assumed this ignorance to excuse himself for his behavior. He went to get her for the dance comp; he wiggled himself an invite to get milk; he followed her to the garden to speak to her he made sure he got her number, it was not a natural progression, it was all intentional - he even asked her why she could not accompany him to the wedding; the day on houseboat - he went intentionally seeking her out. For me this is love at first sight..recognized acknowledged or not...not sure yet. Not Ani doing sympathy or things just happening to him; without his control. Thats his excuse to maintain his righteousness. I dont think most people see it like this - but I do - and this was further validated for me in SR dream where he said he was hers at first sight. It is true.

Did Leena write him as I read him - I donโ€™t know Same

When I see Ani handle this new situation, I will discover that I can see how this can bring it out but very skeptical that Leena will commit; she will make this track ambigous as well. Its her signature trait - she will never let you decode Ani. He will be unpredictable and volatile till the end of the show.

As for feeling apologetic for watching the serial.. I am clear in what I look for in art and imitation of real life or vice verse is not my thing. That said, my irritation is trying to get what the writer wants to say about this character whose transgressions are borne out his confusion and indecisiveness. The toxicity you talk about is more around the other angles in the show. With Ani Jhanak on whom I am focused I feel it is a case of two unlikely people who would have otherwise passed by never really seeking out the other except in the circumstances they met and if not for the overreach by Ani. Their circumstances are causing the complexity to appear toxic else left to themselves they had decided to move on. Even now if Jhanak hadnโ€™t called asked Adi to call, Ani would Ani have known her fate?

I like watching stories where love...as I said above is intentional. From the beginning of the show Ani intentionally went behind J (everytime she tried to leave) till he half married Arshi. It was conscious choice regardless of consequences. After Anishi wedding drama, Leena had Ani prioritze responsibility over love and he dropped looking for her. He decided to give up on love that drove him thus far and suddenly don the mantle of respectabilty that he never had or cared for before (deceiving Arshi left right and centre). Arshi's accident made him acknowledge his wrongdoings to Arshi and out of guilt he overnight became a gentleman by trying his best to be a husband to Arshi. Till he was running behind J; Ani had zero care in the world for his image in society. He opened himself to criticism from his friends, boss, ad producers, neighbors, family. He married Arshi and suddenly J's accusation of making her pregnant, having a societal impact bothered him? What made Leena change Ani here? At this point is where Ani was willing to permanently let go of J for Arshi; his one deception/defiance/ nod to Runak that redeems him a bit...was to accept Arshi as wife without marrying her.

MAybe J leaving without telling him hit hard.

What happens after this is all divine intervention. From this point its hard to credit Ani for his love.

J I can. She gave up dance comp for Ani for love (very difficult esp when ask was extremely unfair & had survival consequences for her - Ani could have with this request made her penniless and gone back to Kalcutta with Arshi); she took the decision to go to BH to get her childs rights; she humiliated herself to a great extent to get Ani to see the truth. Now was J doing this with an ulterior motive for love? Likely yes - bcos of her last comment to Mini before she left. She informs him of her situation - I think with the slight hope that he will come. Jhanak as always is very open to showing her love. Her acting on it is however based on her prinicples and beliefs.

Ani acts on his love when he is not consumed by jealousy and disregards all principles and beliefs for J.

For the second and third time Ani chose to let J walk away. second intance - on leaving Mumbai bcos of his own choice to accept Arshi as wife and prioritize her. At this time Ani had the gall to want to tend to J while married to Arshi. Unfair to both and J told him time to ride two boats was over - rightly so; and sent him packing with advice to stay faithful to the choices he made.

third instance - when she left Kolkatta. Ani could have been more trusting or even respectful of her as a fellow human, but no, again he had to hurt J and show his priority for Arshi.

Three times Ani has abandoned his love J for Arshi. His excuses - commitment and jealousy???...commitment is new found, when he was running after J it was missing. This is why I asked what love?? when Runak is happening only because of God and J willingness to honor his rights as her husband; even after his behavior. Ani's love existed but it was not #1 priority for him. With his running out on Arshi yesterday he finally showed J is his priority now.

I feel writer has justified J love via actions categorically and will now feel the need to reward Ani for his mistakes in letting J go 3 times; to justify his love.

This is how I see Runak love. Sorry got carried away as always.

About what is love? You asked if such a destructive love is if any use? Wellโ€ฆ letโ€™s just sayโ€ฆ people understand love differently. In a different setting, Ani would have secured a good hostel for Jhanak and when chastised by family for his over involvement in her life, made discreet arrangements for her safety or better still, Jhanak would have found a way out for a better life and most certainly met a lawyer to sort the wedding mess ( better still there would have been no forced wedding at all) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But this is fiction, so Ani couldnโ€™t resist the lure of beautiful Jhanak and had to complicate his life and ours smiley37๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

this is likely one of your easiest posts...usually i have to reread to understand what exactly you are saying and I take the effort to because you are always thoughtful logical and point out things that I had not considered.

see bold - long answer but I tried to explain how I see the whole story. I'll spare you the response to the other post, because I've added most of my justifications for my understanding in this.

Edited by PPak - 21 hours ago
samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Liked (May 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 7

wow wow wowโ€ฆ I have been waiting and waiting for this Aniโ€ฆ

Ohh Krushal is so good in such scenes

heโ€™s just so perfect in these scenesโ€ฆ was so waiting for him to declare his love in this manner ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ .. poor guy is madly in love .. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข.. canโ€™t see him like this ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข
PPak thumbnail

donโ€™t keep hope on parallel characters, even if he sees, he will ignore and not tell Jhanak anything. From last couple of days, he is not giving me good vibes. I was thinking of him being indirect Cupid between two but this guy seems to be going in different tangent.

I thought he will think J is not making the right decision wrt Ani; but I doubt he will sabotage Runak after knowing she loves him and will only love him.

Keeping him as villian simplifies the story; and removes the lasting threat; because at some point he will be exposed. They cant show him deceiving FL on many counts.

As friend he becomes more of a threat. He can remain in her life causing jealousy issues for Ani. Also if Arshi is staying they need a counter balnce for J from this point on.

PPak thumbnail

We should have a fun poll...has ani's days of ILU Arshi ended or we have not seen the end of it yet or Ani will forever remain confused...whats happening now is a aberration :)