Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Adiandsid thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 hours ago

If you do like VA chemistry, guess you would like it going forward too. Going by comments on X many love their scenes. We here are a bit more critical (that's putting it mildly) about how they handle the story and scenes. So may be you can ignore what we said and continue. Chances are you will love it going forward too... but things do go downhill (esp around 180th ep)... so do keep expectations low. Amruta blaming does go on and on.

Edited by Adiandsid - 2 hours ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shivikaishkara

To everyone who replied, thank you!

Man I'm sad. I was actually enjoying an ITV show after such a LONG time. To know it just goes downhill from here makes me sad. I'm loving the chemistry of the leads, and actually liked Virat and Amruta as individual characters.

But if Amruta blaming keeps going on and on I might have to drop this onesmiley13

Well, don't be sad. In the end, it's just a show. And honestly, some of us are still here for the leads, not the story anymore. Or just to talk because we stopped or fast-forwarding it.

ITV nowadays is only like that. Rare are the stories well-balanced and well-written. It's sad for Srijit's fab chemistry but we can't do anything about it. If channels stop pressurizing PHs and their Teams, we would get better stories but unfortunately, only TRPs (quantity) matter to them, not quality. We are used to it.

Pyaarasam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adiandsid

If you do like VA chemistry, guess you would like it going forward too. Going by comments on X many love their scenes. We here are a bit more critical about how they handle the story and scenes. So may be you can ignore what we said and continue. Chances are you will love it going forward too... but things do go downhill (esp around 180th ep)... so do keep expectations low. Amruta blaming does go on and on.

Exactly! I think you should keep watching but if you feel low because of the story fast forward it to catch Ammu & Virat's moments. They are cute and sizzling at times depending on the context going on. Or you can do like me, enjoy them forgetting about what's going on with the story.

Edited by Pyaarasam - 2 hours ago
Adiandsid thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pyaarasam

Well, don't be sad. In the end, it's just a show. And honestly, some of us are still here for the leads, not the story anymore. Or just to talk because we stopped or fast-forwarding it.

ITV nowadays is only like that. Rare are the stories well-balanced and well-written. It's sad for Srijit's fab chemistry but we can't do anything about it. If channels stop pressurizing PHs and their Teams, we would get better stories but unfortunately, only TRPs (quantity) matter to them, not quality. We are used to it.

Bold: Just a small correction here. The channel can pressurise the PH to get better outcome / TRP, but dont think it has much to do with the story line. Guess they can say 'time to get the leads married' / 'has to be a revenge marriage'... and I doubt even that ... but lets say they can... even then it is upto the PH to write it the best way possible. Say, at worst, channel may have said make sure VA is a revenge marriage... but to drag the wedding thing for 3 eps and show it the way they did, is PH decision. Cant blame channel for that. With this writing team, even if the channel lays out a perfect storyline for them, am willing to bet they will mess it up.

But I doubt how much influence channel has... Have heard one of PH / Channel wanted AbhiGya reincarnation but the other one didn't. Dont remember which one (but guessing it will be the channel that wanted it) and dont know if it is true or just a rumour too.

Edited by Adiandsid - 2 hours ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail
Posted: an hour ago

Originally posted by: Adiandsid

Bold: Just a small correction here. The channel can pressurise the PH to get better outcome / TRP, but dont think it has much to do with the story line. Guess they can say 'time to get the leads married' / 'has to be a revenge marriage'... and I doubt even that ... but lets say they can... even then it is upto the PH to write it the best way possible. Say, at worst, channel may have said make sure VA is a revenge marriage... but to drag the wedding thing for 3 eps and show it the way they did, is PH decision. Cant blame channel for that. With this writing team, even if the channel lays out a perfect storyline for them, am willing to bet they will mess it up.

But I doubt how much influence channel has... Have heard one of PH / Channel wanted AbhiGya reincarnation but the other one didn't. Dont remember which one (but guessing it will be the channel that wanted it) and dont know if it is true or just a rumour too.

Hmm. Both parties are to blame, to me. I don't trust the writer team. But I feel that somewhere they are tied up. Or I can't believe that they are writing such a crap. I don't want to defend them but they are not flexible on ITV (hectic bohot ziada hai), yet some do a fabulous job in their writing. KMTMG had so much potential, so I wish we had the answer to what made them divert from their initial plot. What was the rush to give us their meeting and all the things they messed up with????

Adiandsid thumbnail
Posted: 51 minutes ago

Could've agreed if they did a good job of handling the scenes. There have been only a handful of them which were good.

Have heard that after Covid break, most shows have the leads meet asap - in the first week if not the first ep. Dont like the approach but we have itsmiley6.

Yeah, its hectic... but then you need to have a team that can take the schedule and do a good job of it. Its not like it was meant to be 5 days a week and suddenly they realise its everyday.

Think most diversions from the og plot was for the 'shock' value hoping to bring in better ratings. Almost sure, Aaji wasn't signed up for what she ended up doing. Sure Abhiraj was the one who was meant to do the thing about the pic - not Babs. But at least in this case, even if Abhiraj was meant to do it, it was again a repeat plot. Couldn't they think better? or have it done in the first thing itself?

Of course, I dont know how much influence the channel has, may be others who have a better idea can pitch in.

Edited by Adiandsid - 48 minutes ago