Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 days ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

The way the goalposts change never ceases to astound me.

First it's that Alia is the only bankable female star at the box office. Forget Sridevi, Madhuri, they are old news. Forget Rani, Aishwarya, Priyanka, Deepika, Katrina, they are irrelevant. But now that Alia's real track record is being exposed, suddenly box office doesn't matter anymore.

Suddenly only acting counts. The same acting that requires KJo to purchase awards and had the comments section on Alia's own posts removed because of all the flack she got for her "acting." These people come after Deepika for her diction and modulation but she can actually do accents when necessary for her characters (ex. Chennai Express, Piku).

When was the last time Alia could do a convincing accent? She was the least convincing Bengali of all time with zero effort made on her accent. Got the worst reviews from Rocky Aur Rani out of that entire cast and was overshadowed by her sarees.

So now that Shraddha has proven to have the biggest box office success and Alia's 4 crore opening isn't even a fraction of that, her defenders have decided that her acting (which is getting mixed reviews btw) is her only saving grace. Nostril flaring is not acting and never will be. Stick to your floppy Dharma movies if Alia Bhatt is your barometer of good acting.

You nailed it right on the head. Its soooooo embarrassing how the narratives change so quickly despite the reality and truth being so obvious.

Look at this topic for example, 24 pages filled out curated tweets and PR - when we all know what exactly is going on.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I agree with the backing, but Kareena hadn't been launched by one production company and then - with the help of this producer - got movie after movie (she made just one other movie with J.P. Dutta, LOC Kargil (11 movies after Refugee). So, I think that she hadn't a 'mentor' but was casted because being an industry 'kid' in general...Kareena quasi grew up in the Industry like other star kids.

Alia and Janhvi, in the contrary, had/have Dharma/Karan launching and backing them and this fact really fuelled the nepotism-debate (imo). Karan created a strong bond with Alia not even being a relative...with Janhvi, I think, the bond is on another level as Boney, too, is a producer. Equally with Ananya who may have got launched by Dharma (and made two other movies with them) which reminds me more of the 3-movies-contract that Aditya (YRF) generally made/make when launching an actor/actress.

Edited by Clochette - 5 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Until now we got two member reviews with opposing impressions...I'm sure, more may have already watched the movie...I'm more interested in member impressions than in critics' or random tweeters' ones.

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Rosyme thumbnail

I think Jigra was mostly shot in Madh island. Not much shooting cost i guess.

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Saw it...

It was kind of boring... Not bad just dull

The biggest problems are

1) nothing new, same storyline movies everyone has seen

2) if you haven't, the trailer anyways tells you everything

3) alia can not pull off action... Honestly very few ppl can.. Even dp is meh! In action.... Katrina is the only one i can think of in recent times who can make it look both stylish yet believable..

Rest, the supporting cast is actually good esp manoj pahwa. Vedang is ok.. But you can see that he needs more experience.. Some scenes he is good others he is terrible.. Inconsistent

It's a weird film in the sense i didn't hate it but i would not recommend it either... Yawned alot of times... Maybe catch it on ott.. Ok ok types..

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I've always said from day one that Kareena was the original Alia. The only reason this isn't more apparent is because Kareena and KJo had that massive feud when she demanded more payment for Kal Ho Naa Ho, otherwise she would have been just as heavily thrust in our faces as Alia is today. Even on KWK, when Preity and Saif came, Kjo spent the whole time needling Preity about how Kareena was the first choice for the film and if Preity felt insecure about that. I was so glad Preity shut up him with a great response about how she doesn't view the film as Kareena's film. You can tell KJo was not happy with the response he got and Saif backed up Preity.

KJo himself uses Kareena's story to encourage the nepocrew of Janhvi and Ananya to hold on. He tells them Kareena's career was in the pits for the first 7 years until Jab We Met revitalized her and made her be considered a serious actress. How all these actresses need to hold on until they have their own Jab We Met moment. This is why Janhvi keeps saying over and over that she's not leaving the screens until audiences accept her. She's hoping to keep working until she has her own Jab We Met to finally connect with audiences

Janhavi au contraire feels like she'll marry and leave the industry. Girl's a failed actress with mostly failed films. And bit too emotional for her own good. Khushi seems the smarter one. Less emotional more practical. I imagine Janhavi marrying and settling with a rich husband outside the industry.

Rosyme thumbnail

Some r saying it's similar to Savi. And Savi is her Uncles home production.

Edited by Rosyme - 5 days ago