Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 days ago

Social media definitely affects and influences the general movie goers opinions about celebrities. That’s why they spend so much money on PR and marketing. If the average movie goer wouldn’t get affected by social media celebs wouldn’t go on KWK to deny everything they’ve read on twitter and Insta and Reddit 🤷🏽‍♀️

btw just wondering do people think same way for Sid and KJo connection as well? KJo has given many movie to Sid too.

Ahh when all else fails bring the other person’s favorite into the discussion. To answer your question, no. People don’t say the same things about KJo and Sid because there’s no evidence that KJo has stolen roles from other people for Sid. He hasn’t taken good scripts from directors and forced them to make it with Sid. As a matter of fact it was Sid who brought Shershah to KJo/Dharma which in KJo’s own words “brought us a lot of respect”, and won Dharma a National Award. Meantime Dharma is potentially facing financial challenges due to Brahmstra’s losses. Definition of false equivalency!

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Well, he's not wrong. Whoever puts in the money gets to control the major aspects of the movie like the casting. If the writer doesn't like it, he can go find another producer. It's in your own hands ultimately.

KJo's problem is that he has such a loud mouth that he can't stay away from the media and keeps getting into needless scuffles to protect his Aloo beti. If he kept quiet, none of it would matter.

Yes, but there’s an element of power play and manipulation because each filmmaker ultimately wants and needs that money to make their product. Yes a writer can go somewhere else but realistically is it an easy task to go around and shop for finances for your project? I guess it all also depends on whether all this happens before or after a contract between the writer and producer is signed. If a contract has been signed the writer might not even have the option to go elsewhere.

It all goes back to what the director of Udta Punjab said about Alia being in his movie, that “I had to make my peace with it”.

Yes, KJo talks too much. No seriously, he talks too much. Not just about Alia about all the marketing tricks. He blabbed how all the four star ratings are decided on weeks before the movie is even out, and how if a movie is an average with his marketing he make it seem like a semi hit. I wonder if other producers yell at him behind the scenes for being such a loudmouth smiley36

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: forza

But Karan is the boss, so technical he is the one who decides.

Then why is he getting defensive about it?

Also, the bigger point of this discussion has been that KJo snatches the good stories and hands them to Alia on a silver platter. That’s why it brought up DZ, and UP, and even Kalank with people on social media.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Yes Sid has benefited from KJo and Dharma in the same way that Varun has, or Kiara, or maybe even Sara. But claiming that Sid has gotten the same benefits from KJo that Alia has, or claiming that anyone has gotten the same benefits that Alia has is laughable. Today Janhvi and Ananya are the only ones that close to getting the kind of benefit and KJo power plays that Alia gets, and even they are not quite there.

Agree to disagree on everything else including Alia being the most desirable for all directors. I think a more valid argument would be KJo’s money and Dharma tag is the most desirable thing for all directors.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

When all the major female roles are already reserved for Alia, what is the audience supposed to do about it? They can only watch what they're given.

She and KJo have been in such a hurry to grab everything for her that she's already screen-aged herself too much. She's only 31 but literally stuck in roles for a 41 year old. Eventually, her decline is going to come faster because of this. People are already getting fed up. I'm talking as someone who really used to like Alia and now I just roll my eyes every time I see her.

Edited by hotchoco - 8 days ago
TorinoPasta thumbnail

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

The audacity.

Your message is too short. Please write at least 4 words or 20 characters

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/s/Qcpr9EWCZG

Gghj ghjj fgbh sjsjsk

TorinoPasta thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Yes Sid has benefited from KJo and Dharma in the same way that Varun has, or Kiara, or maybe even Sara. But claiming that Sid has gotten the same benefits from KJo that Alia has, or claiming that anyone has gotten the same benefits that Alia has is laughable. Today Janhvi and Ananya are the only ones that close to getting the kind of benefit and KJo power plays that Alia gets, and even they are not quite there.

Agree to disagree on everything else including Alia being the most desirable for all directors. I think a more valid argument would be KJo’s money and Dharma tag is the most desirable thing for all directors.

Off topic, why has Papa Johar stopped giving Kiara movies ? Do u smell rift?

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

What all major roles, exaggerations much smiley36

She does a movie or two per year. There are tons of other movies and roles.

Edited by Nishita123 - 8 days ago
Briaahna thumbnail

so this is the topic with burning issue. smiley36

lets make it simple.

Vasan and 99.9% Directors are DYING to work with Alia Bhatt.

do you think we can deal with itsmiley36