Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 days ago

It seemed like Alia wanted to do an action/thriller because that was what was working. One of my favorite films about sibling relationships that shows despite sibling rivalry how far siblings will go for one another is Conviction. Hillary Swank’s brother is falsely imprisoned. And she goes through years of schooling to became a lawyer to get him out. She had not even completed college. Mind you in the USA it is first your bachelors degree then another three years of post graduate to become a lawyer. They kept it simple and focused.

This is too many flavors thrown in one dish. Part action, part thriller, part sibling relationship? Let’s see how it does. Some films that have done well recently have taken us by surprise. Again Alia got the best roles any actress could ask for right at the beginning of her career. Normally actresses have to work their way up like Tripti has to right now. It is going to be really hard for Aloo to outdue herself. Again no emotion shown in the trailer is nothing we have not seen from Alia before. The action sequences might be a change but that is it. At most another decent to good performance. Normally where she ranges.

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Far better than teaser, though I feel they should promoted on the sibling vibe more, like the end portion, instead of the action

Ig siblings, especially elder ones who are overprotective will relate to Alia. She looks fierce and Vedaang, uff!

Go Vaasan Bala (want this one to work for him after the amazing MKDNH and MOMD)🔥

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

So the brother gets arrested in a foreign country and gets the death penalty, so alia turns into some superhero to get him out? I wish bollywood would start to make more realistic storylines, like somebody already mentioned, Conviction starring hilary swank had a similar storyline of a brother being imprisoned, but the sister learns about law to get her brother out, so much more realistic.

But becuase bollywood is in this wave of action and presenting stars as larger than life heroes, the sister is doing unrealistic action in this movie.

Not a good trailer in my opinion, they should have shown more about the brother and sis relationship, instead it was just action scene after action scene, they wasted alot of the trailer showing the scene of alia eating food on the airplane, and I do not know why that scene was even needed in the trailer

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: zara321

So the brother gets arrested in a foreign country and gets the death penalty, so alia turns into some superhero to get him out? I wish bollywood would start to make more realistic storylines, like somebody already mentioned, Conviction starring hilary swank had a similar storyline of a brother being imprisoned, but the sister learns about law to get her brother out, so much more realistic.

But becuase bollywood is in this wave of action and presenting stars as larger than life heroes, the sister is doing unrealistic action in this movie.

yeah..

and then wait for no audience to turn up in theaters and have the movie bomb spectacularly (much like conviction which bombed)

the audience doesnt want realism, that much is very clear

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Coming to the trailer .. it looks great (except for the ultra slow motion shots - one too many)

Easily one of the most anticipated movies of the year

Diya_Abhilasha thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

yeah..

and then wait for no audience to turn up in theaters and have the movie bomb spectacularly (much like conviction which bombed)

the audience doesnt want realism, that much is very clear

I get it, these kind of movies are made to get audiences into the theatres, but it's so unrealistic I just have to laugh, I mean we are supposed to beleive that a petite girl like alia gets some training and manages to break into a foreign jail to save her brother? this is far from any realism, but as you said the audience doesn't seem to want that

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Yeah that’s the thing. Everyone knows what’s going to happen, so why bother watching smiley36is she gonna yell Shiva louder this time

No "Shiva" this time smiley2and no, between the beginning and the end we won't know (apart from the sister getting help from someone and that the lawyer will play an important role).

Imo, the problem is the fact that it isn't a really original story...at least it's a kind of 'turn off' to me with all the movies I've watched since the age of 6...and certain books I've read. And also I fear that Alia won't be the character but Alia 'play-acting' (like she did in Rocky aur Rani and Kalank). The start of the trailer, though, had been very good, imo.

I know that Alia has the potential of being a good actress...yet so much depends on who is directing her and who are her co-stars...

Edited by Clochette - 5 days ago