Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 days ago

The way the goalposts change never ceases to astound me.

First it's that Alia is the only bankable female star at the box office. Forget Sridevi, Madhuri, they are old news. Forget Rani, Aishwarya, Priyanka, Deepika, Katrina, they are irrelevant. But now that Alia's real track record is being exposed, suddenly box office doesn't matter anymore.

Suddenly only acting counts. The same acting that requires KJo to purchase awards and had the comments section on Alia's own posts removed because of all the flack she got for her "acting." These people come after Deepika for her diction and modulation but she can actually do accents when necessary for her characters (ex. Chennai Express, Piku).

When was the last time Alia could do a convincing accent? She was the least convincing Bengali of all time with zero effort made on her accent. Got the worst reviews from Rocky Aur Rani out of that entire cast and was overshadowed by her sarees.

So now that Shraddha has proven to have the biggest box office success and Alia's 4 crore opening isn't even a fraction of that, her defenders have decided that her acting (which is getting mixed reviews btw) is her only saving grace. Nostril flaring is not acting and never will be. Stick to your floppy Dharma movies if Alia Bhatt is your barometer of good acting.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: WhimsicalMind

Bhabhi 2 wins the clash?

1000008635.jpg

Congrats to Tripti. She has proven more bankable at the box office than Biwi #1.

Also we know KJo loves to skew box office results so if 4-5 crore is what's being reported, imagine what the actual numbers are and how much lower they must be. Even with all of KJo's meddling and PR, these are the best numbers he can come up with!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

That’s okay. Let her have these meaningless consolation prizes. When you win awards without respect - it does more damage than good.

This is why Dharma is headed downwards.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dismal box office receipts for Jigra are partly out of disinterest and also partly out of backlash towards the Filmfare fiasco. People have had enough now. There was never any real interest in her as an actress and now especially, there's little to no tolerance for her.

Dharma is collapsing and hasn't made a relevant movie since Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.

Masses have spoken and chosen Shraddha Kapoor as the best young female star. She's popular enough that she could even uplift a box office flop actor like Ranbir in a way his own wife has never been able to. The same way Ranbir had no hits in his early career except when Katrina worked with him because of her box office power.

Kaya65 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

I was thinking when did they made a movie on Jude Bellingham 🤭

😂🤣😂🤣

damn autocorrect 😅 i didnt even saw it when i posted.

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

My theatre almost packed 😄

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Briaahna

My theatre almost packed 😄

Enjoy! Looking forward to hear your review smiley20

Originally posted by: Bekind

Maybe people do not want to watch rona dhona movie?

no idea I’m not watching it in theaters between only posted because was tagged lol! I didn’t even know this movie was released
Edited by wat_up - 5 days ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: wat_up

no idea I’m not watching it in theaters between only posted because was tagged lol! I didn’t even know this movie was released

Yeah salman is not in th movie smiley36

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

very much enjoyed the movie smiley20

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

So you are saying basically the you were coerced into this topic against your wishes smiley36