Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanakanj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: asmitamohanty

How bang on you are!!!!

Also what I always believe that Aniruddh was a abandoned unloved child...Growing up with Jethu,Bodomaa or Choton He has always craved for true affection from her parents.... but never really got that...For them he is nothing but their money producing machine...whom they need for their status...whose emotions or feelings they don't really care about...so these kind of people subconsciously always have a fear of rejection, fear of abandonment...

So what Jhanak did with her words...is kind of reinforced his subconscious belief..that he doesn't deserve love...he is never going to get the happiness and love he is craving for..

Like he had said in his monologue that he doesn't have that happy loving family that he has always wished for in his fate..He knows his happiness is not with Arshi...but the fact is Arshi has never abandoned him for whatever reason... I definitely want him to break his relationship with Arshi for his own self...as he is only gonna be suffocating there...but I definitely do understand why he is doing it...

Aniruddh also comes with his own sets of trauma....After what Jhanak has done.. I don't think I would criticize Ani for not breaking it with Arshi.... though I still want him to break up...

The suffocation in anishi relationship is going to increase only from now onwards . Their relation can not be never same. In precap also she was mocking him. How ani supported her in her tough times but Arshi is pouring salt on his wounds. Now he knows that his brain and heart can’t live without jhanak it’s going to be very difficult for him. So this suffocation might help him at least confess that he loves jhanak. I hope at least he should confess this .
asmitamohanty thumbnail
Most Posts (June 2024) 1 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sanfan

I guess forum friends are going to find my post a bit strange but bear with me. Brickbats as welcome as bouquets ( though I know more brickbats are coming my way 😂😂😂) I don’t aim to contest your respective perspectives just offering mine.

For me if the story doesn’t make Runak win… in my eyes there is no winner.. it’s no use if Jhanak or Ani walk away with the either the sympathy or accolades alone. They must walk into the sunset holding hands, putting behind their recriminations, their upsets, their misgivings but most importantly with the knowledge that they were there for each other even if it was a hard fought battle. ( waise itni mashakkat zaroori nahin thi par chalo TRP ke chalte bahut sahte hain hum) and when I say they walk it must satisfy the viewers that it was worth it and not a waste of time.

This story is actually a straight line plot… there’s really nothing in the love story per se as a conflict ( apart from the moral dilemma which is also sorted out) when the two lovebirds accept love for each other… and when I say accept…not in words but in deed..how the fight the circumstances is only part of for the course but within such a straight line plot, the writer has woven a very interesting tale on how love develops between two people.

this is unlike other stories on itv where say there is danger of suddenly the ML having to fight his mom for the survival of his marriage 😂😂😂 one of the creepiest tracks that can be conceived yet it has takers as possessiveness of a mom towards a son is a recurrent theme in life. ( I guess you may know what I am hinting at 😂)

So, within that industry if Leena is able to flesh out characterisations like Ani, like Jhanak warts and all. I agree Jhanak’s characterisation isn’t as neatly fleshed out as Ani and I think there is a specific reason for it.. it is largely expediency ( Trp, audience tastes, expectations of certain behaviour from women, and most importantly it helps the writer to elongate the plot) in the sense that Ani behaving strange will be accepted by a larger TRP audience but Jhanak behaving unlike a Sitara FL will have repercussions. So that tight rope walk will always be a drawback in this medium.

But still I think there is some credit is due to Leena as within the constraints she has been able to eke out an Ani and a Jhanak who is a Sitara heroine but yet not completely so…I will try to explain that in this post but if gets long will explain in a follow up post.

As a viewer I only see if the character is behaving as the story has been telling me and when I see a deviation.. my next question is has the story ( action)explained to me why the change… cos people do change as they go along due to various things ( which we in stories call the arc of a character)

That said it’s also natural to feel closer to a character… Personally, the character that drew me to the story is Ani and obviously Krushal renders a near perfect Ani..He makes Ani really endearing that one is drawn to that portrayal and without a doubt Ani is Leena’s favourite character. Also, if the writer has to stop Ani from doing something as simple as walk out of a relationship that he isn’t happy in… the writer has to work overtime to flesh out the traits very neatly or provide impediments ( plot devices) that seems justifiable… for instance after this huge upheaval in his life, someone could think why must Ani want to lead a life with Arshi but somehow that’s exactly how the story will unfold. Coz if Arshi leaves, the edifice crumbles in the new scheme of things… In the old scheme of things Arshi was a fixture coz Ani hadn’t realised his love but now a new complication would be required. Leena will provide a justification for Ani to stay with Arshi and the audience will buy it even if that justification could also be as lame as how we justified Ani’s commitment with Arshi even as he fell in love with Jhanak as we felt he was not really sure of his feelings ( usne saare kaand kar diye par ILY nahin bola toh pyaar kaise hua etc 😂😂😂) Buts that the point… when a character trait is neatly fleshed out a viewer is ready to give a long rope on this based on a core trait… or how the story of their love was presented to us, somehow his love appears more sincere to us and Jhanak’s love seems less inspiring or fickle because she is shown flitting from “ I want Ani to love me” to “ How can you do this to Arshi Di” but at the same time, just because Ani is shown steadfast in his affections with Jhanak ( even in anger we are able to see his love for her) but why are not able to do the same with Jhanak when she does the same? It has a lot to do with how closely aligned we are to a character but also to how poorly written the other character is..

However, that said Jhanak is also now being fleshed out by Leena ( her team) they are slowly but surely etching Jhanak… Ofc this Jhanak will be prone to mistakes, bouts of mahanta, but she will have an arc. Yesterday she said “ Hum dono ki dor zindagi aur maut se bandhi hain” but she ( Ani too) will gain understanding to make this count in the in between time. Whether the cooking tracks lets us down or uplifts us remains to be seen. I don’t have great hopes as a lot of cliches will be seen as Sitara heroine will have to make an appearance but that apart I feel some great acting will be on display.,

Some reflections…
Yesterday’s episode rectified the mistakes of the previous one in some measure. I was fairly certain that the monologue was misplaced.. Jhanak’s words of yesterday were her outpouring of all her pent up anger, frustration, her fears, no holds barred! A lot of that dialogue didn’t connect well becos her state of mind post operation wasn’t shown and they moved to a Ani- Jhanak scene.

Also, another thing the dialogue writers I think were given a brief to go all out… they got very imaginative..and literally had Jhanak rip into Ani... ( some parts poorly written) what did she say and how much of it was justified etc that’s a separate point and I am not delving into that here… everyone is entitled to an opinion on how they are seeing the story develop. I see a lot of posts on that so nothing specific to add there.

Jhanak has been a fairly uni dimensional character…but I never felt that she was the sacrificing kind and my observation is she has been revealing hitherto unknown layers post the jail incident. I will need a separate post to explain this…. So will do that later, time permitting..

Please feel free to disagree and post divergent views all welcome to do so 😊

First of all really well written...Rekha Dii...so much depth and effort...

Aniruddh definitely is the most interesting character for me.... Krushal's portrayal plays a huge role in it....

But I always looked at Jhanak also as a very very complex character....but my point is does the maker look at her like that! She has never been Mahaan for me...As agar Mahaan Hoti toh khush rehti Apne Sirji Ko apni Arshi didi ke saath khush dekh ke..But she was never happy...Her taunts , her accusations...it never made me feel that she is sacrificial... I always thought it was her own fear of home-wrecker tag that played the role... though I think her words were very very very brutal...but I would have let it go after a point as her catharsis where she is venting out..But her monologue is what irritated me so much...That grab of Mahanta is what irritated me a lot....

As it stated that all her words were not impulsive venting but calculated thing that she said to drive him away towards Arshi...for whatever reason....

That monologue pissed me off...

If in spite of having 1000 other reasons for Jhanak to reject Ani, they went for this Mahanta route... Rejection is not the issue... I expected her to reject him...but the brutality definitely shocked me....and then the monologuesmiley6......

After such high intensity wala episode, they did this.... We are again forced to see AniShi and Jhanak-Adi..... I was not ready for that....

I thought that this time it is actually going to be RuNak story....but looks like more wait for that...

AreYaar thumbnail

How bang on you are!!!!

Also what I always believe that Aniruddh was a abandoned unloved child...Growing up with Jethu,Bodomaa or Choton He has always craved for true affection from her parents.... but never really got that...For them he is nothing but their money producing machine...whom they need for their status...whose emotions or feelings they don't really care about...so these kind of people subconsciously always have a fear of rejection, fear of abandonment...

So what Jhanak did with her words...is kind of reinforced his subconscious belief..that he doesn't deserve love...he is never going to get the happiness and love he is craving for..

Like he had said in his monologue that he doesn't have that happy loving family that he has always wished for in his fate..He knows his happiness is not with Arshi...but the fact is Arshi has never abandoned him for whatever reason... I definitely want him to break his relationship with Arshi for his own self...as he is only gonna be suffocating there...but I definitely do understand why he is doing it...

Aniruddh also comes with his own sets of trauma....After what Jhanak has done.. I don't think I would criticize Ani for not breaking it with Arshi.... though I still want him to break up...

When a show drags on for more than 300 episodes, it's hard to keep the basic story threads in place and some things become so long overdue that whenever they happen, they lose a lot of impact by then.

Ani breaking up with Arshi is one such thread....this should have happened long back in the story because ample opportunities and reasons were there....Arshi learning that Runak went out together on his birthday by themselves, a lipstick mark on his neck....Ani declaring in front of everyone that he put sindoor on Jhanak in front of God so that should be considered valid, Ani running all the way to Kashmir to save Jhanak without telling Arshi....and most recenty, Ani again going to Mumbai after publicly accepting that he may indeed have been intimate with Jhanak....all this has been out in the open and still the breakup has not been done....because it's a plot device at this point - not some secret revelation that would change the course of the story....lol which is why I've stopped caring about when it happens now.

The show that Jhanak is heavily "inspired" from....Imlie....in that show, the breakup happened because the truth of the first marriage came out....so the TRUTH led to storyline shifts in that show....but in this show, nothing is hidden....lol all things are out in the open and happen in front of everyone's eyes....so the truth can't set anyone free in this story and the truth is mostly impactless here. This story is about perception and acceptance....in this story, truth is what you are willing to accept...it only becomes truth when you open your eyes to it even when facts are laid out for you dailysmiley36. So Ani-Arshi breakup won't happen because Ani's family and Arshi are both adamant that this relationship continue at all costs....even if the Runak marriage has been made public, even if Ani keeps running behind Jhanak....they want the public appearance of the rishta to continue, so it continues.

And there is a basic duality in Ani since way back that he stands up to his family for all other matters except for this topic....somehow for this topic alone, he bows his head like a "ghulaam" and gives in...he will otherwise defy Arshi many times in public, tell her to go back to her mom's house many times....but he will not find the courage to end the facade smiley36....that is baked into the plot at this point so it just feels like beating a dead horse to keep asking for that breakup....makers will continue it as they see fit smiley36....but Ani's character has an individuality beyond that baggage which I enjoy watching.

asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanakanj

The suffocation in anishi relationship is going to increase only from now onwards . Their relation can not be never same. In precap also she was mocking him. How ani supported her in her tough times but Arshi is pouring salt on his wounds. Now he knows that his brain and heart can’t live without jhanak it’s going to be very difficult for him. So this suffocation might help him at least confess that he loves jhanak. I hope at least he should confess this .

Ani has confessed his love enough....smiley37........Now after being told " I hate you...and how disgusted she is of his existence" I don't want him to make a fool of himself by saying that he loves Jhanak...bcz the immediate next question would be you had gone to Mumbai after fighting with us to meet her na....toh kya hua wahan"......

Abb bas itna hi bolde that he can't be with Arshi simply bcz they are not compatible...and they can't be happy together at any cost... baaki sab log toh jante hi hai that he loves Jhanak....toh time ka intezaar bas....smiley37

Edited by asmitamohanty - 29 days ago
shanakanj thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AreYaar

When a show drags on for more than 300 episodes, it's hard to keep the basic story threads in place and some things become so long overdue that whenever they happen, they lose a lot of impact by then.

Ani breaking up with Arshi is one such thread....this should have happened long back in the story because ample opportunities and reasons were there....Arshi learning that Runak went out together on his birthday by themselves, a lipstick mark on his neck....Ani declaring in front of everyone that he put sindoor on Jhanak in front of God so that should be considered valid, Ani running all the way to Kashmir to save Jhanak without telling Arshi....and most recenty, Ani again going to Mumbai after publicly accepting that he may indeed have been intimate with Jhanak....all this has been out in the open and still the breakup has not been done....because it's a plot device at this point - not some secret revelation that would change the course of the story....lol which is why I've stopped caring about when it happens now.

The show that Jhanak is heavily "inspired" from....Imlie....in that show, the breakup happened because the truth of the first marriage came out....so the TRUTH led to storyline shifts in that show....but in this show, nothing is hidden....lol all things are out in the open and happen in front of everyone's eyes....so the truth can't set anyone free in this story and the truth is mostly impactless here. This story is about perception and acceptance....in this story, truth is what you are willing to accept...it only becomes truth when you open your eyes to it even when facts are laid out for you dailysmiley36. So Ani-Arshi breakup won't happen because Ani's family and Arshi are both adamant that this relationship continue at all costs....even if the Runak marriage has been made public, even if Ani keeps running behind Jhanak....they want the public appearance of the rishta to continue, so it continues.

And there is a basic duality in Ani since way back that he stands up to his family for all other matters except for this topic....somehow for this topic alone, he bows his head like a "ghulaam" and gives in...he will otherwise defy Arshi many times in public, tell her to go back to her mom's house many times....but he will not find the courage to end the facade smiley36....that is baked into the plot at this point so it just feels like beating a dead horse to keep asking for that breakup....makers will continue it as they see fit smiley36....but Ani's character has an individuality beyond that baggage which I enjoy watching.

Also when ANI accepted jhanak as his dharmapatni he does not care whether annulment happened or not . Since he has accepted jhanak as his wife from his heart the legality does not matter to him. Also social acceptance of their relation does not matter for him. Even he would have shouted jhanak as his wife in front of his parents they would not have accepted . For jhanak also she treats ANI as her husband despite the relation ended however she has not accepted in front of ANI but by heart she has accepted . For both of them the social acceptance does not matter as they have accepted from their heart. For ani the acceptance from heart matters . Their relation will always be looked as EMA only in front of society. It’s very difficult for jhanak to accept this kind of relation at least at this point. In future she might agree but not now
asmitamohanty thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanfan

Asmi every complaint about the stupidly in not trying anything new is valid. 💯

however at the same time, the recognition of the limitations of a straight line plot is also necessary. This story’s core conflict is centred on these two people’s personalities… the extremeness the volatility the contrariness, the quick to take offence with each other etc. there is no external conflict. Long ago, I made peace with the fact that it is a very short story..and any external push only serves to aggravate them about each other 😂😂😂

an oft heard complaint about Jhanak is she did not allow Ani to express his desire to her.

I am trying to picture a scenario - post consummation, if Jhanak had agreed to Ani wanting to part with Arshi….and if her response was “ Yes Sirjee aap Didi se alag ho jao”

Irrespective of how the trp audience receives it …Imagine what could the track have led to? Yes, them uniting trying to fight the Arshi complication… if they succeed the serial ends and if they don’t succeed again Ani having to leave Jhanak and the saga continues. In that scenario, Ani would have got a lot of flak.. in this scenario Leena is letting the ML have an important role… I still say this serial should be named Anirudh not Jhanak 😂😂😂😂

Haan....

Leena and her mission 3000 episodessmiley37...As the producer said..." Dono chalte chalte milte raahenge."..aur bichdenge...fir milenge....

Bas yahi plan hai Leena kasmiley37

sanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

First of all really well written...Rekha Dii...so much depth and effort...

Aniruddh definitely is the most interesting character for me.... Krushal's portrayal plays a huge role in it....

But I always looked at Jhanak also as a very very complex character....but my point is does the maker look at her like that! She has never been Mahaan for me...As agar Mahaan Hoti toh khush rehti Apne Sirji Ko apni Arshi didi ke saath khush dekh ke..But she was never happy...Her taunts , her accusations...it never made me feel that she is sacrificial... I always thought it was her own fear of home-wrecker tag that played the role... though I think her words were very very very brutal...but I would have let it go after a point as her catharsis where she is venting out..But her monologue is what irritated me so much...That grab of Mahanta is what irritated me a lot....

As it stated that all her words were not impulsive venting but calculated thing that she said to drive him away towards Arshi...for whatever reason....

That monologue pissed me off...

If in spite of having 1000 other reasons for Jhanak to reject Ani, they went for this Mahanta route... Rejection is not the issue... I expected her to reject him...but the brutality definitely shocked me....and then the monologuesmiley6......

After such high intensity wala episode, they did this.... We are again forced to see AniShi and Jhanak-Adi..... I was not ready for that....

I thought that this time it is actually going to be RuNak story....but looks like more wait for that...

Thanks Asmi…❤️ from one who writes with so much passion and joy smiley31

Bold - that is just the point. I also said that the monologue was misplaced.. anmd yesterday’s episode tried to balance it

You asked me do the writers think like that? Well my answer is they are thinking like us ( ofc it’s their story) but I mean they have an audience sensibility to adhere to…so they tweak it

I haven’t seen too many FLs go this ballistic in their catharsis… their mahanta is rooted in goodness… here it clearly is not. Off and on they make Jhanak mouth inanities but I am not buying it. This Jhanak is upset to the core but I think she will cotton on to Ani grief after faltering for a bit. The Adi chapter I am not giving too much attention at the moment as I am unclear where that is heading ( I don’t think it has much value but it may have some use who knows? ) i kept maintaining that Ani isn’t crazy jealous and it stays that way so far.

Like I have written in another post as a reply…getting Jhanak to accept Ani without solving the Arshi conundrum is the root cause of this craziness in the Jhanak characterisation.They can’t get Jhanak to allow Ani to do it nor will they let Ani do it on his own . If Arshi leaves, the story ends…so they will try in different ways to elongate it and not all ways will be to our liking.

Edited by sanfan - 29 days ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: shanakanj

Also when ANI accepted jhanak as his dharmapatni he does not care whether annulment happened or not . Since he has accepted jhanak as his wife from his heart the legality does not matter to him. Also social acceptance of their relation does not matter for him. Even he would have shouted jhanak as his wife in front of his parents they would not have accepted . For jhanak also she treats ANI as her husband despite the relation ended however she has not accepted in front of ANI but by heart she has accepted . For both of them the social acceptance does not matter as they have accepted from their heart. For ani the acceptance from heart matters . Their relation will always be looked as EMA only in front of society. It’s very difficult for jhanak to accept this kind of relation at least at this point. In future she might agree but not now

Lol this is just a game the writers are playing. The marriage that happened with full rituals is forcibly being called fake and treated like an illicit affair smiley36…all because the characters are denying basic facts. So there is no point fighting over what Jhanak is willing to accept. She is herself terming her valid Shaadi as EMA for whatever twisted sacrifice she wants to do.
Ani has never considered her some affair. Usne wife hi samjha hai. Bas Arshi ko publicly wife bol dene se Jhanak mistress nahin ban jayegi. That way he has publicly called Jhanak his wife in Mumbai now too. Lol so matter isn’t about that. Matter is leads making this unnecessarily complicated for the sake of drama. Ismein kisi ke koi “principles” nahin hain like people think Jhanak is refusing for morality or principles. Lol no, this is about her dimaag being khaali smiley36

Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Lol this is just a game the writers are playing. The marriage that happened with full rituals is forcibly being called fake and treated like an illicit affair smiley36…all because the characters are denying basic facts. So there is no point fighting over what Jhanak is willing to accept. She is herself terming her valid Shaadi as EMA for whatever twisted sacrifice she wants to do.
Ani has never considered her some affair. Usne wife hi samjha hai. Bas Arshi ko publicly wife bol dene se Jhanak mistress nahin ban jayegi. That way he has publicly called Jhanak his wife in Mumbai now too. Lol so matter isn’t about that. Matter is leads making this unnecessarily complicated for the sake of drama. Ismein kisi ke koi “principles” nahin hain like people think Jhanak is refusing for morality or principles. Lol no, this is about her dimaag being khaali smiley36

Arshi on nakli SR seemed full with grey matter!!pointing out all the right questions regarding Runak marriage and Anishit situationship...but makers again turned her dumb!!abhi ye madam biwi biwi pati pati khel rahi hai...🙄I am scared now about khel khel me SR game khelne ki bhi shaukin na hojaye didi!!🤧🤧

Edited by Dibya_C - 29 days ago
Dibya_C thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

New BTS is released...ye Arshi, Srishti including his evil parents are forcing him to sign on a paper that he will shift abroad ..sachme sign kar dega kya!!baad me isko leke blackmail karenge ye log Ani ko!!