Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ambsug thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 days ago

Looks like the KMTMG crew are not expecting a long period for the serial, they seem to be celebrating small landmarks like 200/300 episodes like they have crossed 2000. It is good that they realize that the content the writers are giving are not up to the viewers' expectation even though they have a very talented set of casts.

Shivikaishkara thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hey guys! What kind of scenes do you want to see going forward? Of course we all want some things which we know ITV will never give us, (e.g. FL/ML seperation without leap and giving them personal independent growth) so I'm talking more about things you expect to see in a TV show, which would make the current drag-fest better!

I'll go first:

1. An actual verbal smackdown of Babita at Virat's hands. I want something to happen that jolts him out of his depressed and listless state (could be another Babita nonsense scheme for all I care), where he just loses it and calls her out for her bullshit.

2. Dragging Priyanka to court for fake marriage/divorce scam. Could be wrapped up in 1-2 episodes. End her character, for god's sake.

3. Ammu staying at her Aai's place. She chooses to divorce/annul the marriage. She states it's because staying married would be an insult to the institution/sanctity of marriage, and she and VSA can actually have a dating phase. This keeps her close to Ahuja house, but still seperate enough!

4. Virat and Bhavani conversation, but not the kind we got on Visarjan. The kind of heartfelt conversation we got during the Jayesh/Ishika marriage arc. Virat lists out all his misdeeds, accepts he did horrible stuff, and promises to change for the better. Bhavani pretty much tells him that she feels disappointed not just because of what he did to his daughter, but also because he broke her trust (this woman literally trusted that he never raped/touched her daughter, when the whole world was against him). I want Virat to EARN Bhavani's forgiveness.

5. Amruta getting a job!!! Seriously I beg of you. Also this time, let it be a non-Ahuja thing she gets a job in. Or even let her start that business she wanted to in Ep1.

6. At this point, it feels childish that the leads don't say they love each other. Ammu pretty much ALMOST loved Virat before mela fiasco. Virat has been in love before (no matter how horrible it was), so I don't get the whole 'what do we feel' confusion these two have. Just accept that you love each other, get that annulment and start dating! Maybe VSA can help her with the said business development (not money-wise, but in terms of advice/emotional support?), and Babita tries to mess it up once again, and we get point 1?

7. Ammu-Babita public smackdown. I don't think I need to elaborate this.

8. Aajji! Granted I don't love her character much, but she had some good scenes and I liked that she could very capably shut up both Babita paltan and Virat when they talked shit. She was a major reason for the first and one of the worst of AmVira's fallouts, but I still think her character needs to be shown now that they are married.

(btw the new mausi character? If her role is to keep AmVira apart or lead to Bhavani's eventual acceptance of Virat, isn't Aajji already perfect for this role? Why bring a new character at all?)

9. Make Jayesh/Ishika leave the society and end their characters. Bring Abhiraj back, end his and Kavita's character after an arc or two, where they get exposed and thrown out. Babita-Bebe are enough as villains. The show could focus on how they don't value Ammu's independence/new job/business for a while. (At this point, Kavita is useless in the show's story)

10. The show could also shift focus on Ammu/Virat supporting others to get their life right. Nimi getting independent, navigating Anjali being in her first teenage relationship(she's a teen right?), Dildaar dealing with his own painful realisation about his partner, Harsh struggling with balancing his job and personal life, etc etc. (I personally believe a good story is one that gives time and growth to the side characters). All these could bring Ammu/Virat closer, and take the focus off Babita for a moment, and lead to some important discussions and exchange of ideas about IRL problems.

(Hey! Maybe Nimi and Amruta can be business partners!)

Adiandsid thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7

Like almost all of your suggestions. (Completely agree with your take on importance of side characters' story and growth. Nimmi-Rajeev one should've had more focus than they gave, Jayesh-Ishika-Chitnis' even more).

One thing I wanted to have since week 1 was a real good confrontation b/w Ammu and Jayesh - which continues with her doubling down on her points when he goes in the 'grin and mention a vishesh tippani' mode. Make him aware, if he has been ignoring, about the 'kaands' of his lovely wife. But it is quite late for that. Had expected that around the divorce issue at least... now.. too late. But hope situation will be created, now that he is back, where this showdown can happen. I would love a slap too but not for Virat/Ahujas - for Bhavani or for herself.

Virat Amruta separation - was needed after the mela eps. But they made her stay there and slowly the character lost its originality, so much so that I dont connect with the current phase of the character.

Virat using his brains - at least one extra peanut in his peapod / peabrain may be welcome.

Thats what I had top of my head... Mostly, it will be good if the writers tone down their creative liberties and try and make things more 'real' and 'believable'. Right now, it feels like they will go berserk no matter what they bring up.

Edited by Adiandsid - 5 days ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Wow! You have some good points, will answer later, but overall fantastic ideas!

Shivikaishkara thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yup I completely agree with you about the Chitnis-Jayesh thing! My greatest disappointment with this show till date isn't the mela track, but the fact that Bhavani never got alimony. One of Ammu's best moments was the court scene where she demands alimony for her mom's sake. And then the whole thing is waived off because... we needed a wedding sequence I guess?

I really want Ammu's family to get ownership over that house. It sucks that the family still only has a roof over their heads due to Jahan. What happens when Jahan's husband comes back?

I want Ammu & Harsh to just verbally berate Jayesh to the point where he has a breakdown.

sugz thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I responded as promised. Sorry I forget sometimes. @Adiandsid- your response is neautral & display knowledge that is intimidating. Its not your intent & I mean this as compliment in admiration not to be taken as insult. I will discuss this more later. My intention is not to double down or prove my point- look at my past posts. I admit fault & wont edit where I'm wrong.

Remaining neutral in this post is also telling that my complaints cant be discredited. I Suppose its tough to question intent/morals when you dont work on show or know writers directly. Sriti & writing standards- this sad as we see talent of actors with amateur writer- imagine talent of actors with good writingπŸ€”.

Villian glorification- frustration on this point is amplified I think by fact we all agree the peaks of plots are ruined & underwhelming. Peaks doesn't close holes in plot either. Villian glorification can ok if psychology behind it expalined well. I've seen many film/ series where I did give some empathy to villians. Here I cannot

Withdraw case - Agree with your point adding. How stupid is it to withdraw case with no protection or preventive measures it will happen again. No one is going to say next time Ex plan can work... or how will they know in future Ex & babita still working together. Amu sits to eat with virat next episode. Why doesn't Amu say. "Yes its fine to withdraw case becase its always left to me to save".

@Adiandsid want same you posted few weeks ago. I want writers to get drunk with confidence on 300 episodes of majority rubbish. Their fall will soon come based what they given us

Originally posted by: Adiandsid

Agree and disagree. I'll touch upon some, if not all, the points you mentioned and in no way I am defending the writers - since week 2 of the show I've been vocal here, to varying degrees, about lack of skill in the writers. At least for me it is tough to debate / discuss about morals when I see glaring mistakes in what they show. If it was a well written piece or well shot story / product, my attention would've gone into the rights and wrongs done by the characters.

I've tried to read some fanfics on Abhigya and there have only been a few of fanfic writers that I could move beyond a couple of chapters because most of the time it is not written well. Can appreciate the idea, but the treatment didn't make me go beyond, unless the writer was someone I know. May be an exaggeration to say the level of story writing in the show is like these writers, but they are simply not up to the mark - at least, since I am watching this because of Sriti, not the level that I would expect Sriti's show would be. So for me, I will stay neutral on lack of morals coming from the writers (not claiming that is not the case), their writing is not on the level that I can look into the topic. Say, the mela eps, part of why i really dont like it, is the stupidity in which events unfolded - with the 'wedding' happening when the cops are there and he is blackmailing her in front of them to get married to her. That was just one of the many loopholes in that wonderful phase.

VA situations have often been similarly forcefully created most of the time. Villain glorification does happen in other shows too... later tracks of kkb is filled with it too. Have heard BL is worse in this matter. But the show has handled that in a bad way too - have said before - letting Rajeev go free after bank fraud expose and mela eps have been the two 'blackholes' of the show for me.

I'm not surprised that Virat withdrew the case. What else would he do? The writers failure imo is not around 'Virat withdrew the case' but around not exploring 'what else would he do?' It is a difficult situation for him with some relevant things to look back at - Okay to get Bhavani arrested but not my mommy? What would he answer if Bhavani / Jahan / Harsh asks him the same thing? Could he not have said something similar when Babita - who he has noticed has not shown any remorse - was asking him 'why are you quiet?'.

Not surprising either that Babs continues with her plans.. and also not surprised that Babs is proud about it. Surprising for me is as mentioned before, lack of reaction from the other characters, Ammu's preoccupation with what Virat is feeling, etc. and Nimmi talking about reconciliation already. The lack of awareness of the situation displayed from the events in the show is a bit too weird.

"Show may be fictional but attitude of creators is real & sinful TBH" May be. But from the above, I'll say to me it reflects they are amateurish or at best mediocre. and if they are proud of their work, after all, the show has now crossed 300 eps, and credit their "wonderful writing" for the same, they are arrogant and delusional along with it. The show is still running despite their pathetic writing.

Edited by sugz - 5 days ago
nilmi thumbnail

Oh, some serious discussions going on here... need to catch up.

Just came to say, that iconic pendant is back 😫

LAV2725 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Between 180th and 301st episodes, 120 episodes of Kmtmg got telecastsmiley12

My take, just for the sake of filling and airing 7 episodes per week,smiley9 felt almost 70-80 out of those 120 episodes closely come under NO heads or tails plots/scenes/twists with incoherent story movement and inconsistent characters there by lacking basic continuity..smiley24 where in aggressiveness and momentum of post mela abuse, deeply shocked and hurt Amu's refusal of invalid marriage, pendulum Bhavani's low support to strengthen her daughter, post Pri claims of her divorce not done 3 years back, post Rajeev's exposure and DV arrest etc.smiley6 got lost in filled up ongoing parties/functions/festivals/vrats plots with continuous attacks/tamasha scenes, along with tedious same exit & entry repeats of Amu into penthouse.smiley18

More so entire story was unfortunately majorly shown from this forever bachha cum victim player Virat's POV, rather than addressing Amu's POV and her journey,smiley21 since whitewashing him and ignoring & sidelining VSA past & present deeds got too much annoying overemphasis.smiley3 but that's not how damage control of ruined ML has to be written and handled by killing characteristics and key strengths of a modern FL.

Edited by LAV2725 - 5 days ago
Riggy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shivikaishkara

Hey guys! What kind of scenes do you want to see going forward? Of course we all want some things which we know ITV will never give us, (e.g. FL/ML seperation without leap and giving them personal independent growth) so I'm talking more about things you expect to see in a TV show, which would make the current drag-fest better!

I'll go first:

1. An actual verbal smackdown of Babita at Virat's hands. I want something to happen that jolts him out of his depressed and listless state (could be another Babita nonsense scheme for all I care), where he just loses it and calls her out for her bullshit.

2. Dragging Priyanka to court for fake marriage/divorce scam. Could be wrapped up in 1-2 episodes. End her character, for god's sake.

3. Ammu staying at her Aai's place. She chooses to divorce/annul the marriage. She states it's because staying married would be an insult to the institution/sanctity of marriage, and she and VSA can actually have a dating phase. This keeps her close to Ahuja house, but still seperate enough!

4. Virat and Bhavani conversation, but not the kind we got on Visarjan. The kind of heartfelt conversation we got during the Jayesh/Ishika marriage arc. Virat lists out all his misdeeds, accepts he did horrible stuff, and promises to change for the better. Bhavani pretty much tells him that she feels disappointed not just because of what he did to his daughter, but also because he broke her trust (this woman literally trusted that he never raped/touched her daughter, when the whole world was against him). I want Virat to EARN Bhavani's forgiveness.

5. Amruta getting a job!!! Seriously I beg of you. Also this time, let it be a non-Ahuja thing she gets a job in. Or even let her start that business she wanted to in Ep1.

6. At this point, it feels childish that the leads don't say they love each other. Ammu pretty much ALMOST loved Virat before mela fiasco. Virat has been in love before (no matter how horrible it was), so I don't get the whole 'what do we feel' confusion these two have. Just accept that you love each other, get that annulment and start dating! Maybe VSA can help her with the said business development (not money-wise, but in terms of advice/emotional support?), and Babita tries to mess it up once again, and we get point 1?

7. Ammu-Babita public smackdown. I don't think I need to elaborate this.

8. Aajji! Granted I don't love her character much, but she had some good scenes and I liked that she could very capably shut up both Babita paltan and Virat when they talked shit. She was a major reason for the first and one of the worst of AmVira's fallouts, but I still think her character needs to be shown now that they are married.

(btw the new mausi character? If her role is to keep AmVira apart or lead to Bhavani's eventual acceptance of Virat, isn't Aajji already perfect for this role? Why bring a new character at all?)

9. Make Jayesh/Ishika leave the society and end their characters. Bring Abhiraj back, end his and Kavita's character after an arc or two, where they get exposed and thrown out. Babita-Bebe are enough as villains. The show could focus on how they don't value Ammu's independence/new job/business for a while. (At this point, Kavita is useless in the show's story)

10. The show could also shift focus on Ammu/Virat supporting others to get their life right. Nimi getting independent, navigating Anjali being in her first teenage relationship(she's a teen right?), Dildaar dealing with his own painful realisation about his partner, Harsh struggling with balancing his job and personal life, etc etc. (I personally believe a good story is one that gives time and growth to the side characters). All these could bring Ammu/Virat closer, and take the focus off Babita for a moment, and lead to some important discussions and exchange of ideas about IRL problems.

(Hey! Maybe Nimi and Amruta can be business partners!)

Great suggestions. Agree with all.

Just one advice, don't have your hopes too high. The writers aren't capable enough to handle multiple tracks at a time. Forget multiple tracks, they aren't capable of handling a single Virat Amruta track till date.

I have said this before and will say it again, the insights and ideas that the members share here is good enough to write an entire show. If only the writers knew about this thread πŸ˜”

sugz thumbnail

Happy its not only me that got this advice.😜🀣

Our group Councillor/ psychologist is here! smiley37@Riggy- I dont mean it in any insulting manner. Thank you for love & careπŸ™πŸ’Œ

Originally posted by: Riggy

Great suggestions. Agree with all.

Just one advice, don't have your hopes too high. The writers aren't capable enough to handle multiple tracks at a time. Forget multiple tracks, they aren't capable of handling a single Virat Amruta track till date.

I have said this before and will say it again, the insights and ideas that the members share here is good enough to write an entire show. If only the writers knew about this thread πŸ˜”