Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Adiandsid thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 days ago

Originally posted by: sugz

Haven't we been here before in a way with virat in terms of characters not making sense. Remember when Amu moved back to Ahuja after laddoo poisoning. Virat always pulled her & teased Amu to remember cough syrup scene. Virat character got worse after Dehli aunty night & baiko started moving to being over protective on that scissor cut. We couldnt make sense how he forgot about murder attempt after his car accident & cough syrup night. Today we cant understand how Amu forgets about Babita exposure. It seems like Amu is doing the same. Amu saw drugged wedding & Virat showed some support in that PS argument now Amu irrationally supports virat.

Yes I understand virat character is different. He hates & loves intensely. Amu does the same in terms of over care to those she loves. Amu is protecting Virat dildar nimmi Anjali just like she would protective harsh nimmi or JK. It seems as though she likes Ahujas more but she has been living with them & wants to prevent them going back to babita side. It can be reason she moves to Ahuja side more

Kind of true, but Virat has always been the peabrained one and Amruta with the exception of her scenes around Virat, the relatively sensible one. At the risk of repeating something I've used before (when you weren't around here) I likened VA 'chemistry' scenes to animal and headlight, where the animal (Amruta here, who is going on with her life - probably even running away from / fighting a predator that is going to eat it... perhaps the situation/ Ishika) suddenly sees the headlight (Virat) in the darkness and is stunned into staring at it. [Something she mentioned as an 'ehsaan' the other day.] And... there are a couple of times at least that the animal paid the price of staring at the headlight - divorce mu and mela eps - where the car obliterated the animal. And now... she isn't doing anything other than staring at the headlight.

They have done stupid things to keep VA together - she doesn't look for jobs, blacklisted, Bhavani gets sick when she quits, and looks like the latest thing they've found to keep them together is 'oh... she is in love with Virat'... since there is no other reason why she should continue to stay there. but this doesn't go well with how she got 'married' even if she considers that an actual 'wedding'. Their pre-occupation with VA scenes / keeping them together even when it makes no sense, has actually messed up her character in a very bad way. Chitnis family have been homeless since i guess week 2 / the opening day of the show ... But ... does she care?

Was she fighting because Jayesh mentioned Dildaar, Anjali, Nimmi - which is completely illogical thing to do from Jayesh - arguable. He cant even file a complaint about Virat... let alone the others. Probably thats their way of saying... oh not exactly for Virat.. but wink wink... it is for Virat. idk... they arent navigating this phase well, esp with Amruta.

Adiandsid thumbnail

btw, strange isn't it... with all the 'importance' given to the pendant... does she even wear it now? If you look at it it was worn in a much better way than the MS... and yet, she choses to have the ms and not the pendant. And what does that even mean? since he mentioned it in the letter 'If you wear it, I will consider that you have forgiven me'. If she is having a bttle, whether to wear it or not... for gods sakes show it!!! I wont mind seeing what she goes through while putting that 'sindoor' on her. Does she even think - or did she even think about it the first time she did it? ... nope. never shown.

Riggy thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sugz

Haven't we been here before in a way with virat in terms of characters not making sense. Remember when Amu moved back to Ahuja after laddoo poisoning. Virat always pulled her & teased Amu to remember cough syrup scene. Virat character got worse after Dehli aunty night & baiko started moving to being over protective on that scissor cut. We couldnt make sense how he forgot about murder attempt after his car accident & cough syrup night. Today we cant understand how Amu forgets about Babita exposure. It seems like Amu is doing the same. Amu saw drugged wedding & Virat showed some support in that PS argument now Amu irrationally supports virat.

Yes I understand virat character is different. He hates & loves intensely. Amu does the same in terms of over care to those she loves. Amu is protecting Virat dildar nimmi Anjali just like she would protective harsh nimmi or JK. It seems as though she likes Ahujas more but she has been living with them & wants to prevent them going back to babita side .It can be reason she moves to Ahuja side more

Haven't we been here before..

You had me at this!

Isn't it the reason of our collective sadness and frustration! We are exactly where we were - at the beginning. Nothing has changed. It's like we traveled the world and reached exactly where we begun. Just going round and round in circles!

Slightly off topic - I have been on a break since almost a week now. I went back to watch one of my fav itv shows - IPKKND. Last time I watched it, it was more than a decade back when it was being aired on SP. The reason I rewatched it because for me that show was the OG misunderstanding and forced marriage show. While watching I tried to compare the characters and their scenarios in both the shows.

Strangely, even though Arnav(the ML) forcefully married Khushi(the FL), I could not hate Arnav. I could only sympathize with him. On the other hand, Khushi wasn't highly educated or an independent, working woman, but she had the guts and courage to stand her ground and fight back. Also, it felt great to watch a strong, decisive ML and an equally bold and courageous FL. They actually were the definition of unstoppable force and immovable object. That's when I realized how good the writing was in the show. The plots and sub plots having closure, misunderstanding getting cleared in few scenes, villains actually getting exposed and punished and characters who are just grey (not evil). And this show was made in 2011.

It's 2024 now and we are getting toxic shows like KMTMG. This just proves how incompetent the writers are. The least they could have done is watch this show.

It was a much needed break from KMTMG. Sadly, nothing has changed here and I don't think anything is going to change either. I was going through the posts and there is a lot of demand for romance between the leads. Honestly, even if they show it, I don't know how much I would be able to accept it considering their history. But then again, kya fark padta hai!😞

sugz thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@Adiandsid. Will respond to this post now & other later today as you said about pendant again which is ok. I Understand your frustration. Agreed ... i think you not the only 1 getting more frustrated at this writer habbit which is getting worse. Writers always place importance then leave plot incomplete. Writers did the same for Amu trying to remember cough syrup night... also on the original divorce papers that babita hides not mentioned till today...List will continue

In summary. Pendant is like many plots I've been saying as from above writers leave messy. I will accept pendant example is relevant now but my point is Writers dont change! . They dont close these plots in climax but bring it up 100 episode later like Jayesh property complication. Personally have adopted approach not thinking what is logical but what do writers want to be assumed... even this is most times illogical.

All we can do is ask questions as I do here... is it only me confused or writers bad habbit again. None of us can fix it but get peace our sanity remains strong by posting hereπŸ™πŸ’ŒπŸ€ž

Thank you to everyone that helpsπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

@Riggy- sorry for overlap of points. Only see your post after i submitted & couldn't tag you now

Originally posted by: Adiandsid

btw, strange isn't it... with all the 'importance' given to the pendant... does she even wear it now? If you look at it it was worn in a much better way than the MS... and yet, she choses to have the ms and not the pendant. And what does that even mean? since he mentioned it in the letter 'If you wear it, I will consider that you have forgiven me'. If she is having a bttle, whether to wear it or not... for gods sakes show it!!! I wont mind seeing what she goes through while putting that 'sindoor' on her. Does she even think - or did she even think about it the first time she did it? ... nope. never shown.

Edited by sugz - 6 days ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Precap kal dekhlungi aap kis bade mein baatein kar rahe ho. However, I'm gonna hate this because there is one thing I loved about this show after Srijit was the Srimangi bond. The Aai & Mulgi duo was fantastic even though, in the start, Bhawani was a burden for her beti. (With not so much hope) I pray they won't mess up this one.

Aai's concern is justified. And I'm with her. She is somehow the audience here. We just want Ammu away from that bloody house. Yes, she made some pretty good friends (Anjali, Nimmi, and her new father figure Dildar) but her excuse to stay there is irrational. As I said in a previous post, what's holding her to go home? Virat can follow her, and if needed she can just go there in the morning if she wanna make breakfast and care for them (Hal chal and all). In short, I don't understand the WHY here! She told Harshu she didn't forget everything but acted like she did. What the hell, girl!!! Why the bloody writers can't bring her back to sense, damn it! Take that stupid girl ass back to her Jahan Mama's house, for God's sake! We lost a main character and seeing the writer's creativity, it's a lost case smiley19

I can understand Ammu's feelings for Virat because she is a kind of empath, but the fact the makers wrote their relationship (the growth) badly I can't have compassion for them. When I look at their scenes I just cut them out the real story. I can't appreciate Ammu & Virat and will never call them #Amvira for the same. All to say, Ammu is dead to me when it comes to Virat at least for the past few months. Supporting the guy blindly, no way!

Jayesh part, well, still his wifey marionette. Apart from having a moment of glory insulting the Ahuja espe BA, his intervention was not that impactful. Still the same old thing to me. And Nimmi, Dildar, and Anjali ka kya lena dena, dude! Here I was 100% with Ammu. Zabardasti shaadi sahi lakin she truly loves the 3 musketeers. Bole toh, apne, apne hote hai.

Edited by Pyaarasam - 6 days ago
Pyaarasam thumbnail

Ammu's reaction when V said the right thing against his Mom was a big loophole. Why in the hell did she react like that? smiley39 Or maybe Ammu wanted to show something like "Virat Sir, you are saying this!" Perhaps she was astonished, Rab jaane.

Icing on the cake (I won't lie, I had tears in my eyes), the Bhawani/V moment. Virat is "genuinely" sorry for what he did (yet not getting hyper because of our lovely writer). Aai koh sorry bol diya, lakin bhai sahab tumara ada-wife ka kya????!!! I want something deep like the Lohri Wala convo here (but add their "love" to it) and confess to one another. Then, with Mausi Ji's entry, they can (maybe) remarry even if in court chalega, as she won't accept their union type.

Back to Aai & V, for a second, I wanted him to call her Aai, Idk why. Just like Ammu koh mila ek father through Dildar, V koh Bhawani milgayi akhir hai toh Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gaye. It's not only about Ammu & Virat. Maybe we will see it by the end of the show because I don't like Ammu calling Dildar by his name and V saying Aunty smiley24 They have a "good" bond so yeh aana chahiye. Kher scene acha ta smiley27

Adiandsid thumbnail

Think you are right about Ammu being an empath. [Yup... always called them VAsmiley2smiley36]

Not related to the show... but found it interesting that you used the word 'marionette'. Indians would generally use puppet.

That dialogue about Nimmi, Anjali... was so not needed. Found the scene to be not needed - would expect Jayesh to not behave like Babs/ Ishika... who would wait for audience to bring out their drama. [Also felt iske liye laya tha kya actor ko wapas. facepalm.]

Pyaarasam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adiandsid

Pendant! Did she take it back from the stairs while going to look for her "Virat Sir?" That's the big question???? Just ainvy, we will see it reappear, won't be surprisedsmiley39

And your last point, apart from that painful moment of Jahan telling her to wipe it, yep it would've been great to see her pain more. Shaadi moment, the sindoor, her being VSA's wife...If I were the writer and put myself in her shoes to pen her at that time, I would've hated myself, wiped the sindoor with anger under the water (bathroom mein), and washed my body as if I was soiled (by V here)& cried hard (anger wala, yelling). Phir, has this is the OG ABC (not AVA), I would've fought hard against VSA and made him regret what he did, not only by proving my innocence but also by him not trusting me. And finally, when innocence proved, (with or without feelings), I would've turned my back on him with "Bye you f* ass* (Sorry for the language), this is all you deserved and you would never see me the same or again", voilΓ !

Adiandsid thumbnail

The fool me expected that after the mela eps. smiley37

Pyaarasam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Riggy

Haven't we been here before..

You had me at this!

Isn't it the reason of our collective sadness and frustration! We are exactly where we were - at the beginning. Nothing has changed. It's like we traveled the world and reached exactly where we begun. Just going round and round in circles!

Slightly off topic - I have been on a break since almost a week now. I went back to watch one of my fav itv shows - IPKKND. Last time I watched it, it was more than a decade back when it was being aired on SP. The reason I rewatched it because for me that show was the OG misunderstanding and forced marriage show. While watching I tried to compare the characters and their scenarios in both the shows.

Strangely, even though Arnav(the ML) forcefully married Khushi(the FL), I could not hate Arnav. I could only sympathize with him. On the other hand, Khushi wasn't highly educated or an independent, working woman, but she had the guts and courage to stand her ground and fight back. Also, it felt great to watch a strong, decisive ML and an equally bold and courageous FL. They actually were the definition of unstoppable force and immovable object. That's when I realized how good the writing was in the show. The plots and sub plots having closure, misunderstanding getting cleared in few scenes, villains actually getting exposed and punished and characters who are just grey (not evil). And this show was made in 2011.

It's 2024 now and we are getting toxic shows like KMTMG. This just proves how incompetent the writers are. The least they could have done is watch this show.

It was a much needed break from KMTMG. Sadly, nothing has changed here and I don't think anything is going to change either. I was going through the posts and there is a lot of demand for romance between the leads. Honestly, even if they show it, I don't know how much I would be able to accept it considering their history. But then again, kya fark padta hai!😞

You said it all and also took the example of Arnav in my previous review. KMTMG is not the problem but the people behind it (minus the fantastic cast). Their story isn't coping with us. We've been complaining since but yes, whatever!

Story upaar neeche ho sakta hai. They are humans like us and we are not perfect, but giving the audience a bad story for TRP or whatever the reason, is unbelievable.

Arshi and Ammu & Virat ke beech sirf writing ka farak hai. Afsoos! Poor Srijit they deserved better than this. What a waste.