Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Actually, I wouldn't have chosen the term "valid" but I think, the member meant the sense of 'valuable', that platonic love has as much value as romantic love. The difference between both is only the physical attraction. It was only when Anjali discovered Rahul's attraction for Tina that she got aware about the nature of Rahul's love towards her not matching her desire.

KKHH has a lot of flaws but it was a big success at its time.

It's not fair to treat these movies as if they should be timelessly successful ones...

so what do u mean that a person should leave romantic love for platonic love? If his love was platonic, then he did right by not marrying Anjali
Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Validity is not similarity lol

Like physics and biology are valid branches of natural sciences. They are not similar branches.

Is anyone obligated to reciprocate your romantic feelings? No

Do they become bad people for not reciprocating your romantic feelings? No

Consent is a thing.

Anjali's writing was fùcked up. She did not even tell Rahul how she felt, how was he to know anything? Anjali was never shown to grow out of her body image issues and rather changed her personality. She even went to the wedding aisle without an ounce of love for her fiancé because...?

Rahul cried when she was leaving and cried when he met her again because that is how much she meant to him not because she suddenly started wearing hot chiffon sarees.

He gradually fell romantically for her as a widower in his late 20s or early 30s with much more life experience. In Ladka bada anjana hai where he's supposed to see her blouse through a male gaze and avert his eyes— he still remembers her as college wali Anjali. "Main yahin hoon dekh toh zara" is literally the line.

College kids are teenagers. Anjali was willing to sacrifice her education for her bestie developing a crush on someone else? Are you okay, kid? What was her mother doing?

Karan Johar doesn't know how to write women and it shows.

my point is that if his love was platonic for anjali, then he shouldn't married her at all. He did right by marrying Tina. N he developed romantic love for anjali when he saw her in sarees. That's the fact. In this song, Rahul n Anjali are remembering their old days. They are same from inside but matured from outside. For Rahul, it was perfect combination coz anjali was looking attractive n she was his friend also
sharaban thumbnail

For me RNBDJ had a more autricious story than JTHJ contrary to what most r of the view.

How come a wife never recognized her OWN HUSBAND...EVERY DAY, FOR MANY DAYS , didn't even had a slight doubt , just because he was not wearing that slight little stupid artificial mustache ..🙄😳😳😳

Which idiot with a mind of a 5 year old written that story and how millions have not just digested such ridiculous script, but made it a BB as well, is truly beyond my comprehension.

This is not cinematic liberty, this is sheer stupidity.

---------------

Edited by sharaban - 4 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

my point is that if his love was platonic for anjali, then he shouldn't married her at all. He did right by marrying Tina. N he developed romantic love for anjali when he saw her in sarees. That's the fact. In this song, Rahul n Anjali are remembering their old days. They are same from inside but matured from outside. For Rahul, it was perfect combination coz anjali was looking attractive n she was his friend also

His love was platonic as a teenager. He fell in love with her as a fully-experienced adult widower who probably had different expectations of love, partnership and even step-parenthood than college wala Rahul. It is as realistic as two childhood friends later falling in love.

Fact remains, Anjali never expressed what she felt for him, we had no way to know how Rahul would have reacted or whether he would have been conflicted about his feelings for her in college. Rahul found her beautiful even then just not sexually. He went after her the moment she stopped taking the jibes like a yaar and got hurt even then. She was a priority even then. We can see the changes, the constant, and growth in his character.

We see none of that for her. Tina was a male gaze, manic pixie character in the first half and Anjali became one in the second half. Anjali expresses her sexuality in the second half; Tina does it in the first. In both the situation, their sexuality is tempered by being good Indian girls.

Was there any instances where Anjali expresses her physical attraction towards Rahul in college? No. Were there any instances of female gaze from Anjali? Again, no.

What is shown is immense care from both Anjali and Rahul for each other — neither attraction nor romantic inclination till Rahul starts falling for Tina.

Now, do tomboyish teenagers/women have no way to express sexual attraction/interest? Do they have no personality apart from basketball and being preoccupied with a clueless dumbass?

Rahul did not know whether Anjali was sexually interested in him as a "tomboy" ergo there was no rejection of the "tomboy" in favour of the sexy, hot girl in both cases.

We don't know how Rahul would have reacted to Anjali had she not turned into feminine- but-sanskari girl in the second half just because Karan did not write that. Karan just doesn't know how to write women and has a very particular caricature of "women to be loved."

Anjali and Tina were the worst-written characters of the film imho.

A better example of where the hero shows explicit bias between two available romantic prospects is actually Mujhse Dosti Karoge where Hritik's character just falls in and out of love per convenience. Rahul's character is not that.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
sharaban thumbnail

should a silly, faulty script wali, dumb si commercial pot boiler KKHH deserves so much of brain storming & indepth analysis ?

🤔🙄😕😴😂😂😂😂😂

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

so what do u mean that a person should leave romantic love for platonic love? If his love was platonic, then he did right by not marrying Anjali

People are not rigid constants lol. His wife was dead. He started seeing another woman with the lenses of romantic love which he hadn't done while his wife was alive. It's not that deep. Happens all the time. Rahul did not leave his romantic love for his platonic love lol. Anjali went away and came back at much later and altered time in their lives. Rahul made no decisions regarding Anjali or Tina in the first half lol.

The point of the film was that Rahul was wrong about Shadi and love being one-done thing.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

should a silly, faulty script wali, dumb si commercial pot boiler KKHH deserves so much of brain storming & indepth analysis ?

🤔🙄😕😴😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry, my deep-rooted hatred for K3G makes me a bit ranty about KKHH lol.

423728 thumbnail

OMG YES. FINALLY *beats chest* I’ve found someone who understands Rahul. I have defended that fictional asshole my whole life, except you wrote it better than I did. smiley36

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5325192?pn=2#163056376

423728 thumbnail

On topic, Jab Tak Hai Jaan was the worst SRK movie I’ve ever watched. My eyes, nose and ears were bleeding from the trauma.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: JayaBachan

OMG YES. FINALLY *beats chest* I’ve found someone who understands Rahul. I have defended that fictional asshole my whole life, except you wrote it better than I did. smiley36

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5325192?pn=2#163056376

Fuçk Anjali honestly. Why the fùck were you emotionally cheating on Aman as a grown ass woman. Like stop the clownery lmao.