Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 months ago

Mocking my reasoning wouldn't change the logic...and yes, the movie-going audience is the one who makes the boxoffice (irrespective of fraudulent practices by whoever) - but in relation to the budget the movie is labeled. It's a personal decision to spend the money ...one isn't forced to go...

A low budget movie doesn't need the same number of movie-goers to become a hit as a high budget movie.

Each possible viewer of a movie makes a decision about yes or no...so why deny the importance of this decision for the outcome of a movie?

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

Of course it is the number of people wanting to watch the movie in the theatre who make a movie a blockbuster/hit/average success/flop/disaster .- in combination with the money spent on the movie. It's basic mathematics.

The reasons why people don't go to the movies (to watch a certain movie) are individually different.

I would not say that "you" are responsible but the reason why you don't want to go to watch it in a theatre, contributes to the outcome (in a small way relative to "you", but with many, many "yous", it does in a perceptible way).

Yet that is valuable for every movie releasing in a theatre, not only for a Ranveer movie smiley16)

No Clochette....it is not so simple.....Why can SRK make me watch his movie.....but Ranveer can't ......or vice versa for Ranveer fan......it is their job to make me want to watch the movie....they failed at doing that......its their failure and their responsibility.....not mine.....I am a paying consumer for a product they are selling.......I have limited resources......If I don't like their product I would consume the one that I like......In no way, shape or form....am I willing to take the responsibility for their shortcomings.....it is their responsibility.....and by their I mean the people who made the movie.....like the actors, director and their staff.....some take more blame than others...that is about it....

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Not just Ranveer I don’t get why all these Bollywood stars need to have such a huge entourage

Some are giving flops after flops and still need to show off

Pehle movie hit karao nakhre baad mai karlena

Auqat do kodi ki aur attitude croro ka

Purple5 thumbnail

On topic if ranveer’s team is showing so much nakhra I hope they know Ranveer is at his career’s lowest and he needs a solid movie to revive

This is the time to be humble

Originally posted by: Clochette

Mocking my reasoning wouldn't change the logic...and yes, the movie-going audience is the one who makes the boxoffice (irrespective of fraudulent practices by whoever) - but in relation to the budget the movie is labeled. It's a personal decision to spend the money ...one isn't forced to go...

A low budget movie doesn't need the same number of movie-goers to become a hit as a high budget movie.

Each possible viewer of a movie makes a decision about yes or no...so why deny the importance of this decision for the outcome of a movie?

Your reasoning is very OFF here....usually all your statements and conclusions are backed by proper logical reasoning......you are blaming the wrong party for the movies flopping.......excuse my emojis ....no disrespect meant.....I just thought you and I know each other well enough to laugh at each other a little....sorry if I offended you.....u r the last person on this forum that I would ever think of offending....smiley31smiley27

Purple5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I went to see Befikre in movie cinema. I want millions of dollars back. But it might take him forever to pay me with his current situation smiley36

don’t worry he’s super duper rich and has family money

Acting side gig hai uske liye

He comes from money apparently

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

No Clochette....it is not so simple.....Why can SRK make me watch his movie.....but Ranveer can't ......or vice versa for Ranveer fan......it is their job to make me want to watch the movie....they failed at doing that......its their failure and their responsibility.....not mine.....I am a paying consumer for a product they are selling.......I have limited resources......If I don't like their product I would consume the one that I like......In no way, shape or form....am I willing to take the responsibility for their shortcomings.....it is their responsibility.....and by their I mean the people who made the movie.....like the actors, director and their staff.....some take more blame than others...that is about it....

I saw a short clip of Ranbir where he was speaking very sensibly wrt this thing. A journalist asked him about his movie Shamshera flopping and he took the onus on himself rather than blaming the audience. He said the movie flopped simply because the audience didn’t find the story compelling enough, he didn’t blame them or anything. It’s very important to be self aware in such business IMO, sometimes good films flop as well but if the viewers would find a film entertaining enough, they would go to watch it, now what sells in the market, it’s the responsibility of the people in showbiz to adapt to that and make movies accordingly, you can’t blame only the audience for a movie flopping. The actors, directors, producers etc collectively have to take the responsibility and accept their shortcomings so that they can understand what might work for them in current scenario or in future.
Edited by infinity101 - 4 months ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yaar I really didn’t want to believe all these about Ranveer - but as someone pointed out there seems to be some truth here as Prasanth is not denying any of these claims? 😮🤦‍♀️

1282656 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Yaar I really didn’t want to believe all these about Ranveer - but as someone pointed out there seems to be some truth here as Prasanth is not denying any of these claims? 😮🤦‍♀️

Hmm urrmmm

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ugh! What’s wrong with him?!? Hope some sense kicks in

Edited by Nishita123 - 4 months ago