Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Ugh! What’s wrong with him?!? Hope some sense kicks in

Prasanth did not say there was any issue with ranveer, he said there were issues with some members of his team, prasanth said he is talking to ranveer and they are sorting out the issue that came about due to his team

Yes ranveer has a big team, but that is the case with many stars, I dont know which star has a small team, many have even 4-5 bodyguards, it's quite common for stars to have a large team

But prasanth said all these articles claiming ranveer walked out or that there are creative differences are false and exaggerated, ranveer is still part of the film and there are no creative differences

Edited by zara321 - 4 months ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I wonder if Ranveer planted the original story to try and get more leverage on him, only for Prashanth to go out and call his bluff smiley36

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: infinity101

I saw a short clip of Ranbir where he was speaking very sensibly wrt to this thing. A journalist asked him about his movie Shamshera flopping and he took the onus on himself rather than blaming the audience. He said the movie flopped simply because the audience didn’t find the story compelling enough, he didn’t blame them or anything. It’s very important to be self aware in such business IMO, sometimes good films flop as well but if the viewers would find a film entertaining enough, they would go to watch it, now what sells in the market, it’s the responsibility of the people in showbiz to adapt to that and make movies accordingly, you can’t blame only the audience for a movie flopping. The actors, directors, producers etc collectively have to take the responsibility and accept their shortcomings so that they can understand what might work for them in current scenario or in future.

I had seen that clip too. He had even mocked himself for losing money as a producer of Bombay Velvet.

And that is how it should be. When a movie becomes a hit, it is the actors who walk away with all the accolades. Some people may give credit to the director (the likes of SLB and Hirani) but how many of us even take a moment to appreciate the crew and audiences for making the movie a hit?

So how come when a movie flops (irrespective of a good story), it becomes a fault of audience, the crew and all and sundry and their dogs except the actors involved in the project??

If the movie succeeds, it is their star power

If the movie fails, it is audience's unwillingness to walk to the theaters and/or spend money on it?

How convenient!!

Edited by bashful_moon - 4 months ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

These days no director is sure if anything will happen with Ranveer or not

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Your reasoning is very OFF here....usually all your statements and conclusions are backed by proper logical reasoning......you are blaming the wrong party for the movies flopping.......excuse my emojis ....no disrespect meant.....I just thought you and I know each other well enough to laugh at each other a little....sorry if I offended you.....u r the last person on this forum that I would ever think of offending....smiley31smiley27

Thanks for this comment, BI smiley27

I noticed that I should have been more precise as I didn't want to b l a m e the audience but just wanted to stress that the audience takes the decision about the success.

As I'm not very inclined to enter blame-games, I didn't bring the arguments you - legitimately - enumerated which would influence your individual decision. I make the same decisions relative to actors/actresses/directors/genre etc, so there will be movies others liked but I don't have any interest in watching.

It was that, what I meant - without targetting any specific person - with the influence each person with the possibility to watch a certain movie in a theatre has on the success of a movie. It's a great power, I think.

That I wrote about this thought here in this thread could have come across as defending Ranveer...no, I don't defend him, I just want to give my benefit of doubt about the way something is reported in media. I did that for other actors/actresses, too, if I find it unfair.

So you're right in stating that it is the task of those working on a movie to make it interesting for people to watch...it is the task of an actor to create an image that makes people w a n t to watch a movie he starrs in...it is the task of...(entering a respective person and/or profession).

So, yes, when Ranveer did not openly accept that probably also his part (his performance) was responsible for the poor outcome, it was a wrong move - in the eyes of the audience and in the eyes of filmindustry-people. It is always better to include oneself in the process of filmmaking even when a movie failed to enhance the own reputation. Pointing the finger on others without pointing it also at oneself is against the spirit of team-working....and it is the latter that now had been put as a blame-game on Ranveer - rightly or wrongly...we don't really k n o w... we can only assume. And the (individual) assumption will depend on the own thinking about Ranveer and/or our faith in true reporting.

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: zara321

Prasanth did not say there was any issue with ranveer, he said there were issues with some members of his team, prasanth said he is talking to ranveer and they are sorting out the issue that came about due to his team

Yes ranveer has a big team, but that is the case with many stars, I dont know which star has a small team, many have even 4-5 bodyguards, it's quite common for stars to have a large team

But prasanth said all these articles claiming ranveer walked out or that there are creative differences are false and exaggerated, ranveer is still part of the film and there are no creative differences

well seems like these news/rumors about big team /demands/tantrums regarding demand - only involves Ranveer, not other stars - let’s talk about them when such news comes about them!

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Nishita123

well seems like these news/rumors about big team /demands/tantrums regarding demand - only involves Ranveer, not other stars - let’s talk about them when such news comes about them!

But prasanth has not said anything about tantrums or demands from ranveer, and he said the rumours and articles are false

Ranveer has worked with some of the best directors in the industry who would not put up with tantrums, like slb, aditya chopra, he has worked with even first time directors such as in jayeshbai jordar, and we have never heard of any tantrums or huge demands from ranveer, he's been in the industry for nearly 14 years. He has even gone into profit sharing and reduced his fee to help with the budget of several of his films. In this case prasanth has said it was some members of the team that were creating an issue, not ranveer. And as I said, this is a whole new team ranveer has got quite recently, his manager is also new, and it seems like they are only creating problems for him rather than helping him.

Edited by zara321 - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Actually, my feeling tells me that putting blame on Ranveer about team-working issues is - in a certain way - a retort to what Ranveer said about the failure of Circus pointing to Rohit Shetty. I'm sure that didn't gel well with many influential people in the filmindustry.

His position in the filmindustry has become a bit shaky, so he has become an easy target.

If there are serious issues, we will get to know it through the filmmaking process. At the moment it's about what one personally wants to believe, I think.

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

No Clochette....it is not so simple.....Why can SRK make me watch his movie.....but Ranveer can't ......or vice versa for Ranveer fan......it is their job to make me want to watch the movie....they failed at doing that......its their failure and their responsibility.....not mine.....I am a paying consumer for a product they are selling.......I have limited resources......If I don't like their product I would consume the one that I like......In no way, shape or form....am I willing to take the responsibility for their shortcomings.....it is their responsibility.....and by their I mean the people who made the movie.....like the actors, director and their staff.....some take more blame than others...that is about it....

That is the synopsis of the whole semester of Economics I had studied in my Juniors..smiley36

Edited by bashful_moon - 4 months ago
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail + 5

Oh ranveer trantrums, poor Prashanth Varma