Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

I don't know about the sarees, but he definitely started to feel something for Anjali he hadn't before.

We won't know if his feeling for Anjali had changed if Anjali had told him about her feelings when still in school with him.

I didn't like that Karan made Anjali looking more feminine through the clothing instead of just making her more mature. To me, it seems that Aman (Salman) didn't even know about Anjali's other side (the more boisterous one).

bold- yes and that was attraction becoz of her feminine look. N how will anjali telling her feelings create romantic attraction in Rahul? If i'm not attracted to someone, it doesn't matter if he tells me about his feelings or not.
Edited by Jazzkapur - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Absolutely, she wanted to tell him, had mastered the courage but he came with his love for Tina to her not aware at all that it pained her. Rahul took Anjali as kind of granted...but so did Anjali, too, before Rahul fell for Tina.

I liked the most that this 'only loving once' was undermined. Even Aman was sure that he would find a woman that loves him back.

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail

So, what does it mean that this movie became a Blockbuster 24 years ago?

It tapped into the nouveau riche aspirations of a newly Mahmohan-era privatised, globalised zeitgeist. Much like other Yashraj-Dharma films of mid and late 90s. There's a reason these films are that popular and iconic amongst NRIs imo.

Clochette thumbnail

Good point smiley20

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

bold- i agree with this. N i agree with what u said that he fell for anjali after his wife was dead. If Tina would've been alive, i don't think that he would have gotten attracted to anjali.

I don't think anyone hopes or speculates for their loving spouses to die to see if they will get attractec to someone else. But that doesn't invalidate second chances or second loves lol.

And most people can recognise the possibiliy of physical attraction on a very objective basis without getting an urge to emotionally or physically cheat on their partners imho. Celeb crushes don't just disappear when you are in a relationship.

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Absolutely, she wanted to tell him, had mastered the courage but he came with his love for Tina to her not aware at all that it pained her. Rahul took Anjali as kind of granted...but so did Anjali, too, before Rahul fell for Tina.

I liked the most that this 'only loving once' was undermined. Even Aman was sure that he would find a woman that loves him back.

u r still not getting my point. I'm saying that even if anjali would've told him her feelings, still he wouldn't have gotten attracted to her that time
Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

I don't think anyone hopes or speculates for their loving spouses to die to see if they will get attractec to someone else. But that doesn't invalidate second chances or second loves lol.

And most people can recognise the possibiliy of physical attraction on a very objective basis without getting an urge to emotionally or physically cheat on their partners imho. Celeb crushes don't just disappear when you are in a relationship.

i think he got attracted to anjali becoz she looked like Tina. Child anjali saw Tina in anjali when she saw her first. I'm not saying that it was the only reason. May be Rahul thought that anjali would be good replacement for Tina becoz she is his friend, she looks like Tina, she loves his daughter
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

yes anjali was his priority becoz they were bffs. So what? It doesn't matter if anjali expressed her desire or not. It's just the fact that he was not romantically attracted to her becoz he considered her as important as a male friend. Rahul-anjali were like bro buddies. N love? When Aman was dragging anjali to mandap, Rahul didn't utter a single word. He didn't do anything to stop him. Obviously he didn't know that Aman is going to tell her marry Rahul. At that moment, Rahul did nothing

Like dude okay? What's the point? I had a huge crush on a guy when I was 15-16. And cannot stand him now. His personality turns me off and my physical turn-ons have changed now.

Rahul-Anjali being chaddi-buddies in college and Rahul's platonic love for her, and Rahul falling for her as a grown man with an 8 y/o child has nothing to do with each other.

Believe it or not, people cannot just guess that you are attracted to them if you do not express it.. Who knew if Rahul-Tina's college relationship would have lasted at all if Anjali had told him her feelings? Anjali never gave Rahul a romantic choice between Tina and herself. She went no-contact with him. Rahul did not reject her to choose Tina. They all loved each other platonically as well.

And again, later; you tell a girl you love her, nearly go to first base with her. She runs away to her fiance. What will you do? Stop the wedding at the risk of her denying you and her getting humiliated in her future marriage? Consent is a thing lol.

Anjali never grew a spine to assert herself or communicate even with Aman with or without Rahul in the picture. Everyone was supposed to magically guess her feelings and take the right decisions for her.

Aman kept second-guessing her feelings for him and yet Anjali and her mother gaslit him even before the summer camp.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Well, yes, I got your point as I think the same...that's why she didn't say anything but left (as Karan wanted it so).

Jazzkapur thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Like dude okay? What's the point? I had a huge crush on a guy when I was 15-16. And cannot stand him now. His personality turns me off and my physical turn-ons have changed now.

Rahul-Anjali being chaddi-buddies in college and Rahul's platonic love for her, and Rahul falling for her as a grown man with an 8 y/o. Also

Believe it or not, people cannot just guess that you are attracted to them if you do not express it.. Who knew if Rahul-Tina's college relationship would have lasted at all if Anjali had told him her feelings? Anjali never gave Rahul a romantic choice between Tina and herself. She went no-contact with him. Rahul did not reject her to choose Tina. They all loved each other platonically as well.

And again, later; you tell a girl you lovs her, nearly go to first base with her. She runs away to her fiance. What will you do? Stop the wedding at risk of her denying you and her getting humiliated in her future marriage? Consent is a thing lol.

Anjali never grew a spine to assert herself or communicate even with Aman with or without Rahul in the picture. Everyone was supposed to magically guess her feelings and take the right decisions for her.

Aman kept second-guessing her feelings for him and yet Anjali and her mother gaslit him even before the summer camp.

bold- I'm saying that even if anjali would've told him her feelings, he wouldn't have been physically attracted to her. Physical attraction just happens. It doesn't need communication. N Aman FORCIBLY dragged anjali to mandap. U think Rahul just standing their doing nothing was right? Lol! Who would let her beloved being forced to marry someone?