Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

No..."as valid as" isn't 'the same as'...

then what do u exactly mean by 'as valid as'?
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: wat_up

Jthj is semi hit I remember at that time, hit or not I pick this one over not others as it was sheer torture. Others in close running devdas n kank

For BOI- believers, Ra.One is a hit and JTHJ is a hit, too.

As I don't believe in BOI verdicts, I use another source. There, Ra.One is - economically - below average (so almost a flop), but JTHJ is a super-hit with earning as India net collection more than the double of the budget.

I like that some here detail their criticism, not only writing the movies name or just one additional word.

There are a lot of people who dislike Devdas (and I can relate to some reasons given which are mostly due to Bhansali's vision and lack of depth). Also naming KANK doesn't come as a surprise...the way Karan justified the affair didn't even gel well with SRK himself.

DTPH already at its time was criticised as a quite shallow movie and JTHJ widely got criticised because of an allegedly lacking 'chemistry' between SRK and Kat and SRK breaking his 'no-kissing-rule'.

Whatever opinions are voiced here, it doesn't change the fact, that the word "deserve" is wrong as the "hit" tag is only in relation to the money the movies collected and has nothing to do with the individual view on the quality.

It would be the same with any other movie of any other actor/actress...the "deserve" is because of the income.

So, obviously, all the movies mentioned in the three polls Tanya made, deserve the hit tag but that doesn't make them movies that everybody likes.

So, imo, the poll question should have been which one of the named hit movies one doesn't like...that would have been more honest.

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

bold- lol! By this logic, every rakhi brother-sisters, every male-female friends are just like romantic lovers

Validity is not similarity lol

Like physics and biology are valid branches of natural sciences. They are not similar branches.

Is anyone obligated to reciprocate your romantic feelings? No

Do they become bad people for not reciprocating your romantic feelings? No

Consent is a thing.

Anjali's writing was fùcked up. She did not even tell Rahul how she felt, how was he to know anything? Anjali was never shown to grow out of her body image issues and rather changed her personality. She even went to the wedding aisle without an ounce of love for her fiancé because...?

Rahul cried when she was leaving and cried when he met her again because that is how much she meant to him not because she suddenly started wearing hot chiffon sarees.

He gradually fell romantically for her as a widower in his late 20s or early 30s with much more life experience. In Ladka bada anjana hai where he's supposed to see her blouse through a male gaze and avert his eyes— he still remembers her as college wali Anjali. "Main yahin hoon dekh toh zara" is literally the line.

College kids are teenagers. Anjali was willing to sacrifice her education for her bestie developing a crush on someone else? Are you okay, kid? What was her mother doing?

Karan Johar doesn't know how to write women and it shows.

Edited by Blueeeee - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jazzkapur

then what do u exactly mean by 'as valid as'?

Actually, I wouldn't have chosen the term "valid" but I think, the member meant the sense of 'valuable', that platonic love has as much value as romantic love. The difference between both is only the physical attraction. It was only when Anjali discovered Rahul's attraction for Tina that she got aware about the nature of Rahul's love towards her not matching her desire.

KKHH has a lot of flaws but it was a big success at its time.

It's not fair to treat these movies as if they should be timelessly successful ones...

Edited by Clochette - 4 months ago

For BOI- believers, Ra.One is a hit and JTHJ is a hit, too.

As I don't believe in BOI verdicts, I use another source. There, Ra.One is - economically - below average (so almost a flop), but JTHJ is a super-hit with earning as India net collection more than the double of the budget.

I like that some here detail their criticism, not only writing the movies name or just one additional word.

There are a lot of people who dislike Devdas (and I can relate to some reasons given which are mostly due to Bhansali's vision and lack of depth). Also naming KANK doesn't come as a surprise...the way Karan justified the affair didn't even gel well with SRK himself.

DTPH already at its time was criticised as a quite shallow movie and JTHJ widely got criticised because of an allegedly lacking 'chemistry' between SRK and Kat and SRK breaking his 'no-kissing-rule'.

Whatever opinions are voiced here, it doesn't change the fact, that the word "deserve" is wrong as the "hit" tag is only in relation to the money the movies collected and has nothing to do with the individual view on the quality.

It would be the same with any other movie of any other actor/actress...the "deserve" is because of the income.

So, obviously, all the movies mentioned in the three polls Tanya made, deserve the hit tag but that doesn't make them movies that everybody likes.

So, imo, the poll question should have been which one of the named hit movies one doesn't like...that would have been more honest.

I was talking about when the movie got its verdict initially. I remember it well and Even said it in the post hit or not the movie is cringe torture etc though I skipped most parts n the movies I mention I just saw them on ott so luckly my remote could skim through still whatever I saw was just smiley35. Will say it once more Bollywood is some scam don’t trust trade. Yet I remember the clash n both this movie n son Sardar which I supported beat jthj n it too was semi hit that time. There is some thread here regarding that.
Edited by wat_up - 4 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

My source (sacnilk) has Son of Sardaar as superhit as that movie, too, had an India net collection of more than the double of the budget.

So, to me, both the verdicts are fair and deserved.

That has nothing to do with your own preference which absolutely is your prerogative smiley1

To me, BOI has no importance (since long) when it comes to movie-verdicts as I don't find this site reliable.

My source (sacnilk) has Son of Sardaar as superhit as that movie, too, had an India net collection of more than the double of the budget.

So, to me, both the verdicts are fair and deserved.

That has nothing to do with your own preference which absolutely is your prerogative smiley1

To me, BOI has no importance (since long) when it comes to movie-verdicts as I don't find this site reliable.

sacnaik is new site it wasn’t around 13 years ago only boi and taran were major ones. These new sites how can they know what some movie did 13 years ago. This site only started some years ago. So I don’t think they can judge old movies regardless Bollywood trade are scams and what they say meaningless. Until they get done real system in place some will just go by what they say whether credible or not. I maintained this years ago I go by who gives me what I like because I don’t trust any and stick by that but that don’t mean they credible.
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

JTHJ, HNY, Pathan nahi dekhi baki sari bkwas hain.

Clochette thumbnail

Oh, I second your decision to go by what you like (and not making the boxoffice your decision-maker) smiley20...it's what I also do, btw.

Sacnilk is, indeed, a quite new analyst site, but - to me - they don't seem to be biased and changing figures like it pleases them. It's a group of analysts who certainly have their sources in the industry (and mostly have the same numbers as Taran has).

They have built (still are building) an archive of older movies...

Basically, if I'm really interested in boxoffice numbers, I consult different sites to compare (among them also Bollywood Hungama) which gives me a quite fair result.

I've noticed that sacnilk is the fairest one when it comes to verdicts according to budget/India net collection.

BH, e.g. for Son of Sardaar gives the same collection numbers but skips the budget and declares SOS as hit. BOI gives a budget much higher as the real one and no India net collection, but gives a hit tag with not even a gross collection of double the budget...etc. (I'll not elaborate more here)

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Happy new year. What a drag.