When Rekha opened up about the sindoor she wore..

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 days ago

When Rekha opened up about the sindoor she wore in her hair-parting

When Rekha opened up about the sindoor she wore in her hair-parting

Rekha, the iconic diva of Indian cinema, celebrates her 70th birthday today. Renowned for her mesmerizing performances and ageless beauty, she has captivated audiences for generations.

An anecdote from 'Rekha: The Untold Story' perfectly encapsulates Rekha’s enigmatic persona. During the National Film Awards ceremony, when she was receiving the Best Actress award for her role in Umrao Jaan (1981), then-President Neelam Sanjiva Reddy inquired about the sindoor she wore in her hair parting.

With her characteristic wit and grace, Rekha replied, “In the city I come from, applying sindoor is common… it’s fashionable!” This clever response showcases her ability to handle curiosity and speculation with poise.

For those unaware, Rekha’s personal life has long been the subject of speculation and gossip, with her name frequently linked to several male actors. In 1990, she married Delhi-based businessman Mukesh Agarwal, but the marriage ended tragically just eight months later when he took his own life, reportedly due to depression.

Amid her grief, the situation worsened when Mukesh’s mother publicly accused Rekha of being a witch, holding her responsible for her son's death. Despite these venomous accusations, Rekha maintained her dignity, choosing not to retaliate or cross any boundaries.

In a past interview, Rekha shared why she chose silence in the face of such allegations. She revealed that she was once bubbly and open but decided to withdraw when film magazines started publishing various rumors about her. "I used to talk openly, but then I withdrew myself since 1975," she explained, shedding light on her decision to distance herself from the public narrative.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 days ago

The last real Diva from the Hindi filmindustry, imo.

Edited by Clochette - 6 days ago
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 days ago

It's her birthday today 10th October

Happy Birthday 🎂