Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

Why people saying Jaya gave up her career for her husband. I remember seeing an interview of Jaya where she said she give up her career for her kids because one day while leaving for work, her son asked her mom are you leaving again for work and she didn’t like leaving her kids so she quit after that. That’s what she said.

Chingaari thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Most Liked (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8

she is talking about Amitabh or Akshay ?

Edited by Chingaari - 1 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: infinity101

@bold- Unpopular opinion but I do feel you can choose to control whom you fall for. Courting a married man or even getting more friendly than necessary is completely by choice.

No I think if you end up having feelings for someone that isn't in your control. It happens. But what you can control is how you act about it. If it's a married person or someone in a committed relationship, then you should keep quiet and maybe even go away from that person. Feelings of love and stuff aren't controllable, but how you act on them is.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Daebak

She could have moved on and done so much better and lived happily.

Does she realize he has a family she is hurting so much. I shudder to think how humiliated Jaya must have felt.

A fine actress, who quit her career to marry a _____ of man and raise his children, only to get treated like this? Must've been embarassing for her to even go out, thanks to the society who will either pity her or enjoy her misery.

I really feel Jaya's undoing was giving up her career. She could have found solace in it. Would have kept her sane. Instead she made Amitabh the centre of her life and he ruined her life in every way possible.

I wonder how much he led Rekha on, there is something in the confidence with which she speaks about him, sure that he won't lash out or refute it. Reminds me of a less deranged version of Kangana. Did AB Sr at any point talk about this or deny it?

So unfortunate to see two strong women ruining their lives over this man. One of the reasons I cannot stand him. He failed as a human being.

@ Bold and red: See the thing is Jaya had to choose between her marriage and her career at one point and she chose her marriage. I always wondered why, but my mom pointed out that I'm looking at it from today's perspective when divorces or living separately is more common. Back then it was so badly frowned upon that women would literally live in a hellhole and die, rather than leave the man. So it isn't a surprise that Jaya had to choose and went with her marriage. At the end of the day, even celebs aren't exempt from societal pressures and given the way both families were, I'm not surprised that Jaya made such a choice. But as time went on and the kids got older, she had a choice. She has a political career now, she has support in the form of Shweta. She could have left AB Sr now if she wanted. At this point, she can't blame anyone. She chose to stay in that relationship to the point where it's just being pulled along.

@ Green: This has always puzzled me as well. Rekha is very open about her relationship with AB Sr. She seems so sure that he won't say or do anything. But how? You suggest he has led her on. But she isn't that dumb to be led on for 30-40 years and not see through him. And neither is he so dumb that he would let her speak about their relationship so openly. So does she hold something over him? Or do they both just not care about what people think?

BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: carisma2

Phew!!

I thought the content in your thread will be

REKHA IS PREGNANT.

You need to brush up your biological knowledge coz no way in hell she getting pregnant at this age.smiley4
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Minionite

@ Bold and red: See the thing is Jaya had to choose between her marriage and her career at one point and she chose her marriage. I always wondered why, but my mom pointed out that I'm looking at it from today's perspective when divorces or living separately is more common. Back then it was so badly frowned upon that women would literally live in a hellhole and die, rather than leave the man. So it isn't a surprise that Jaya had to choose and went with her marriage. At the end of the day, even celebs aren't exempt from societal pressures and given the way both families were, I'm not surprised that Jaya made such a choice. But as time went on and the kids got older, she had a choice. She has a political career now, she has support in the form of Shweta. She could have left AB Sr now if she wanted. At this point, she can't blame anyone. She chose to stay in that relationship to the point where it's just being pulled along.

@ Green: This has always puzzled me as well. Rekha is very open about her relationship with AB Sr. She seems so sure that he won't say or do anything. But how? You suggest he has led her on. But she isn't that dumb to be led on for 30-40 years and not see through him. And neither is he so dumb that he would let her speak about their relationship so openly. So does she hold something over him? Or do they both just not care about what people think?

@Jaya: Agreed. Maybe because we have lived in this age where it is acceptable that you rather walk out of a marriage than live a terrible life, we frown upon choices people made in the past. Indeed, being a divorcee is still considered a stigma in our country for normal people atleast (not for celebs). People still do talk and mostly it is against the woman.

Maybe that is why now when she sees that people have saner/better choices and more freedom, she is more bitter about the choices she had to make. It was either about being left by her husband or listening to people gossiping about him and Rekha.

@Rekha: By led her on "then" (not now), I mean, what if they were in a relationship when this interview happened. Look at her confidence. Either she is completely delusional, which she doesn't seem to be. Or she has that much confidence in the man. She said all this back in the day, when people were not open minded at all. I cannot expect an actress to say all this about a married actor even today (except Kangana, and look what happened). Look at Naga-Sobhita case, the backlash.

Can you imagine PC giving such an interview about Akshay or SRK even today? (given the rumours she had with them)

I don't really think she is blackmailing him, she likes him too much for that; but I wonder if a Hema-Dharmendra scenario happened wherein Jaya refused to divorce AB Sr, and AB and Rekha just decided to continue their affair on the sly and Jaya buried her head in the sand like an ostrich and pretended all is well. Also maybe AB's mom and dad schooled him for trying to seek divorce + the fact that his image may take a hit, but it seems heroes those days got away with everything. Look at Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra, etc. and Amitabh himself. Everyone knew he and Rekha were a thing.

When I see this I do feel bad for the kids. But atleast media those days wasn't as bad as now, and neither were kids those days as mean as they are now.

PS: Right now I think both Jaya and Rekha are just taking badla from Amitabh. One inside the house, other in the press. Bhugatne do, apne hi karmo ka phal hai.

Edited by Daebak - 1 months ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Oh please smiley22

She knows what she's doing, she's no doormat, pushover or an idiot

Exactly. She's proud of herself and her antics and she thinks it makes her special to be a side hoe. These types of people don't have the same morality as normal society. That's why she's so keen on keeping it in the news and trying to get credit for it like she accomplished something huge.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Minionite

No I think if you end up having feelings for someone that isn't in your control. It happens. But what you can control is how you act about it. If it's a married person or someone in a committed relationship, then you should keep quiet and maybe even go away from that person. Feelings of love and stuff aren't controllable, but how you act on them is.

100% agree. Rekha made the statement that anyone who knows Amitabh would fall in love with him as he is that one-in-a-million personality. That is still understandable because you can't control your feelings. What you can control, as you said, is whether you act on those feelings or not. And in this case, we know that Rekha definitely did act on those feelings.

And while this thread is directed at her, it should be noted that she was just one of countless affairs he had with many actresses during this period. She's only the most controversial because she's made that part of her image to this day but it's not like he's some saint who fell in love once with the wrong woman. Philandering has been part of his parcel from day one.

Originally posted by: Chingaari

she is talking about Amitabh or Akshay ?

I remember when there was lots of buzz that he was cheating on Raveena with Rekha during Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi. Raveena did not appreciate the rumors and made the statement that it was entirely one-sided: Rekha was after Akshay but he did not reciprocate. Nobody believed that.

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

And while this thread is directed at her, it should be noted that she was just one of countless affairs he had with many actresses during this period.

Amitabh? Really? That's new, who else?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Daebak

Amitabh? Really? That's new, who else?

Parveen Babi who I believe was the original choice for Silsila.

Apparently there was an Iranian dancer he had an affair with while he was seeing Rekha. So he was cheating on Jaya with Rekha and cheating on Rekha with the Iranian dancer, all at the same time.