Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 22 days ago

Originally posted by: Bekind

Not surprised about dharamendra. If he can cheat once, he can cheat twice. I still believe Hema could had done better. She married a married man with 2 kids. What did she thought? That he will remain faithful to her. I am sure it given some kind of trauma to their daughters.

Same with Rekha, you are in love with a cheater. I still do not understand why Jaya sacrificed her career for Amitabh? Yes she said she enjoyed her motherhood. But she was a much better actor than Amitabh. She must had rejected some really good movies. Movie silsala made things ugly for Jaya the most. I read Yash Chopra added scenes between two ladies without Jaya consent? After that movie Jaya never worked with him.

Not just Dharmendra. Amitabh was seeing an Iranian dancer while he was cheating with Rekha. Rekha apparently came to his film set to confront him about the affair.

I don't think they think about how what they're doing can happen to them too. Sridevi made a public announcement that she would never be with a married man and how she didn't like the stereotype that South Indian men all had second wives...only to do the exact same. She went one stop further than Hema or Rekha by ingratiating herself with Mona, living in her home and, tying a rakhi on Boney to convince Mona there was nothing going on. At the end, that marriage seemed to make her miserable and people are still convinced Boney had her killed for her life insurance money.

Rani was another who befriended Payal Khanna while she was having an affair with Aditya Chopra. She was desperate to marry into a film family and ironically enough, her affair with Aditya is why Amitabh and Jaya both said no to her as a daughter-in-law. Had she not had such sleazy affairs and a reputation for romancing married men, she could easily have been the Bachchan bahu. Instead she got married to Aditya who had an affair with Vaani Kapoor.

Rani also ticked off Amitabh on Black because Amitabh didn't want to do the kissing scene with her and asked for it to be removed, since she was dating Abhishek at the time. Bhansali would not remove the kiss so Amitabh asked for Rani to be replaced. Rani was brazen enough to tell Amitabh that she will stay in the movie and Amitabh can leave and be replaced.

Jaya said she would take less films after marriage and only do whatever she was contracted to do. Since she was a bigger star and Amitabh's movies were failing, she had to step down so she would not overshadow him. Very similar to the Aishwarya/Abhishek dynamic except even with Aishwarya working less and letting Abhishek take her work (Happy New Year, Dostana), he's failed to make it.

Keep in mind that when Yash Chopra needed to cast Silsila and said his dream casting was Jaya and Rekha, it was Amitabh who said he would speak to both women and convince them to do it. So even then he was coercing Jaya into this role. Original ending that Amitabh and Rekha would get their happy ending had to be scrapped which is why the new ending doesn't make much sense with the rest of the movie, that they suddenly miss their spouses and Jaya is pregnant.

The Reddit link I posted above also confirmed that the ending scene was supposed to feature Jaya holding Rekha back from going to her husband in the plane crash. Rekha said she would only do one take of it and no more, no matter how bad it may look, because she didn't want to have to do a physical scene with Jaya. True to her word, Rekha walked off the set after the one take which was unusable because Jaya moved out of the shot so this scene isn't in the final film. Amitabh thought Rekha walking off was because Jaya had said or physically done something to her and blamed her. Poor Jaya was practically in tears, trying to defend herself that she had done nothing.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 22 days ago

During my journey into the Hindi filmindustry, I had been quite taken aback by the entitlement towards actresses that prolific actors had shown. This low-thinking and exploiting power play that reigned (and still reigns) in the Indian filmindustries just reflects a thinking still propagated in Indian daily life (unfortunately not only in India as it is a worldwide deeply rooted weakness in far too many men).

I'm always happy to get to know - throughout the history of mankind - that there always had been and still are men who respect women as partners and give them the scope to enjoy their own value.

Edited by Clochette - 22 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Did anyone else forget about the time Rekha and Amitabh both got COVID at the same time? Jaya, who he supposedly lives with, didn't get COVID.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Sonali looks so nice in that clip .

Yes she does, as usual

But Barbie ji, that's what you got out of this? Nothing on Rekha's (over) reaction on AB winning an ordinary award? It's like she has spring up her arse

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Yes she does, as usual

But Barbie ji, that's what you got out of this? Nothing on Rekha's (over) reaction on AB winning an ordinary award? It's like she has spring up her arse

Haha . Yeah. Like eww how tacky is that when you're notorious for being the other woman here. She seemed nervous too . Wonder why. Maybe perfomance anxiety.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Haha . Yeah. Like eww how tacky is that when you're notorious for being the other woman here. She seemed nervous too . Wonder why. Maybe perfomance anxiety.

I don't think she was nervous. I think she was legitimately very happy for Amitabh's win and couldn't contain her excitement (some comments online say she's acting like a mother whose child has won an award). If you look at Jaya's reactions, she's telling Rekha to calm down a bit in the public space.

What I find more interesting is that when everyone stands up to give Amitabh a standing ovation, only Jaya remains seated. She only gets up when Rekha comes over and basically pulls her up. Very telling how polar opposite their reactions are.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I don't think she was nervous. I think she was legitimately very happy for Amitabh's win and couldn't contain her excitement (some comments online say she's acting like a mother whose child has won an award). If you look at Jaya's reactions, she's telling Rekha to calm down a bit in the public space.

What I find more interesting is that when everyone stands up to give Amitabh a standing ovation, only Jaya remains seated. She only gets up when Rekha comes over and basically pulls her up. Very telling how polar opposite their reactions are.

Well not nervous nervous but you know...Look at me- I have nothing to hide kind of nervous. Or maybe it Is excitement. The audacity though if the rumours are true. It's like she's rubbing it in Jaya's face.

Yeah JB wasn't planning on getting up LOL.