Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Parveen Babi who I believe was the original choice for Silsila.

Apparently there was an Iranian dancer he had an affair with while he was seeing Rekha. So he was cheating on Jaya with Rekha and cheating on Rekha with the Iranian dancer, all at the same time.

I always heard Parveen just said all that coz she was schizophrenic? I didn't know there was any merit to those rumours.

@Red: KSG ka Guru Amitabh hai?smiley37

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Daebak

Amitabh? Really? That's new, who else?

Are you really surprised that an actor, a huge star at that had affairs or flings

It's only surprising when they don't do it

Did you read about Neetu casually talking Rishi Kapoors ONSs?

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I always heard Parveen just said all that coz she was schizophrenic? I didn't know there was any merit to those rumours.

@Red: KSG ka Guru Amitabh hai?smiley37

She said he plotted to kill her but that was brushed off cz of her mental illness

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

@Jaya: Agreed. Maybe because we have lived in this age where it is acceptable that you rather walk out of a marriage than live a terrible life, we frown upon choices people made in the past. Indeed, being a divorcee is still considered a stigma in our country for normal people atleast (not for celebs). People still do talk and mostly it is against the woman.

Maybe that is why now when she sees that people have saner/better choices and more freedom, she is more bitter about the choices she had to make. It was either about being left by her husband or listening to people gossiping about him and Rekha.

@Rekha: By led her on "then" (not now), I mean, what if they were in a relationship when this interview happened. Look at her confidence. Either she is completely delusional, which she doesn't seem to be. Or she has that much confidence in the man. She said all this back in the day, when people were not open minded at all. I cannot expect an actress to say all this about a married actor even today (except Kangana, and look what happened). Look at Naga-Sobhita case, the backlash.

Can you imagine PC giving such an interview about Akshay or SRK even today? (given the rumours she had with them)

I don't really think she is blackmailing him, she likes him too much for that; but I wonder if a Hema-Dharmendra scenario happened wherein Jaya refused to divorce AB Sr, and AB and Rekha just decided to continue their affair on the sly and Jaya buried her head in the sand like an ostrich and pretended all is well. Also maybe AB's mom and dad schooled him for trying to seek divorce + the fact that his image may take a hit, but it seems heroes those days got away with everything. Look at Rajesh Khanna, Dharmendra, etc. and Amitabh himself. Everyone knew he and Rekha were a thing.

When I see this I do feel bad for the kids. But atleast media those days wasn't as bad as now, and neither were kids those days as mean as they are now.

PS: Right now I think both Jaya and Rekha are just taking badla from Amitabh. One inside the house, other in the press. Bhugatne do, apne hi karmo ka phal hai.

Divorcees are still frowned upon 100%. Totally agree on that. Even today, divorces and divorcees (whether man or woman) are still mocked and frowned upon. But yeah the thing is that today people don't care so much about samaj kya kahega. They are thinking about themselves first. That's the difference between now and then. Honestly it never even crossed my mind until my mom said that.

On Rekha, oh definitely she's delusional. Then as much as now. Back then, maybe AB Sr did lead her on and maybe they thought they would be another Dharmendra-Hema, but Jaya probably turned out to be stronger than they thought she would be and AB Sr probably wasn't willing to convert just to marry Rekha.

Agreed on the rest.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

100% agree. Rekha made the statement that anyone who knows Amitabh would fall in love with him as he is that one-in-a-million personality. That is still understandable because you can't control your feelings. What you can control, as you said, is whether you act on those feelings or not. And in this case, we know that Rekha definitely did act on those feelings.

And while this thread is directed at her, it should be noted that she was just one of countless affairs he had with many actresses during this period. She's only the most controversial because she's made that part of her image to this day but it's not like he's some saint who fell in love once with the wrong woman. Philandering has been part of his parcel from day one.

True that. People have a tendency to mock and demean the woman whether it be Rekha or Jaya. But no one talks about AB Sr. He's married, has an affair, and still he's a saint. Woh kehte hain naa mard ko sab maaf hai. It's literally the case here as well.

All 3 are equally at fault in my view. AB Sr and Rekha are obviously the bigger perpetrators for getting into an EMA, but Jaya is also at fault in my view. I get that those times were different, like I said above, but she had choices. She had potential as an actress. And media and people weren't as openly judgmental as they are today. There might have been a few articles here and there about her being divorcee and what not, but over time those would have died out. And in today's date she would have been lauded for what she did.

Can you imagine the type of life and career Jaya could have had if she had had the courage to walk out on AB Sr instead of giving up her career? And maybe she wouldn't have been so snippy and mean as she is now. Heck even her daughter might have been a nicer being.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She's anything but a doormat. Like someone said earlier ,she knows what she's doing. She's fanning those rumours about Amitabh and her being in 'love' when anyone who has met him would know there's nothing lovable about him. Rekha is too smart to actually fall for him. Maybe they did sleep with each other and these stories bring her the attention she wants. Self respect..well if she had any she wouldn't be into cheap gimmicks like wearing so much sindoor as if her maang just got it's period. Even if she is 'married' to Farzana the sindoor is unnecessary. So self respect is not something she's big on.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Pretty sure he actually had a fling with Parveen Babi but lucked out when she went nuts and was able to discredit her easily .

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

Are you really surprised that an actor, a huge star at that had affairs or flings

I thought Rekha was it. I really thought he had a whole parallel life with her. I am only surprised coz I didn't think he would have more time than thatsmiley37

Not in on a lot of gossip from that time.

I know about Neetu's case coz her old interviews were posted here. Appalling.

I also have some info on Hema-Dharmendra. Also that Jeetendra and Hema were abt to marry (this was so random). And some things about Rajesh Khanna. But that's about it.

If someone knows about the Jeetu-Hema plot twist, we need a thread on that. How did they reach there?

Edited by Daebak - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

You need to brush up your biological knowledge coz no way in hell she getting pregnant at this age.smiley4

Nothing to do with biology.

As far as your posts are concerned, anyone can get pregnant. 🤣

Originally posted by: mirun

I thought Rekha has to go for surrogacy

I'll be honest, kind of was expecting a lot more from this thread, like full on 'Rekha is pregnant, with triplets, Big B was seen leaving her house some months ago after 3am. Jaya has been looking depressed since then and this is the cause of marital problems between Aish and Abhi because Aish was encouraging this whole thing."

Like the full works.. 🤭 but we got nothing. 🥲

Edited by carisma2 - 1 months ago