Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

Can you elaborate on "+1 kinda posts" please? The reason being, I am rarely a 1 word/ 2 words kind of person, hence this was even more weird for me. What's done is done, I guess. There is no point in dwelling on it but could you and/or the admin inform us of the regularities or at least direct us to where we could learn about posting rules so that our posts do not get trashed? I am still learning my way around IF. TIA.

Hi Chir-Cute,

Thank you for reaching out. "+1 kinda posts" generally refer to very short posts that do not contribute significantly to the discussion. These are typically 1-4 word replies like "Agree," "Same," or simply "+1." Such posts are often discouraged because they do not add substantial value to the conversation and can clutter the threads.

To elaborate further, our recent update now accurately calculates the word count of posts after stripping out HTML. This has enabled us to better identify and remove posts that do not meet our content standards. Examples include very brief posts like "Thanks for the update," "Beautiful," "Amazzzzzzzzzzzing,", etc. Additionally, posts that only contained images (and no text) are also being removed, especially if the image hosting service has gone out of business and the images are no longer accessible.

Best Regards,

Chir-Cute thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Hi Chir-Cute,

Thank you for reaching out. "+1 kinda posts" generally refer to very short posts that do not contribute significantly to the discussion. These are typically 1-4 word replies like "Agree," "Same," or simply "+1." Such posts are often discouraged because they do not add substantial value to the conversation and can clutter the threads.

To elaborate further, our recent update now accurately calculates the word count of posts after stripping out HTML. This has enabled us to better identify and remove posts that do not meet our content standards. Examples include very brief posts like "Thanks for the update," "Beautiful," "Amazzzzzzzzzzzing,", etc. Additionally, posts that only contained images (and no text) are also being removed, especially if the image hosting service has gone out of business and the images are no longer accessible.

Best Regards,

Thanks, Vijay. Explanation is much appreciated. Will keep it in mind for the future.

Just an additional question, in such cases, where posts will be removed but you have reached another rung of the ladder, does that mean you can be dropped down the ladder or will the ladder be maintained, irrespective?

Edited by Chir-Cute - 2 months ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chir-Cute

Thanks, Vijay. Explanation is much appreciated. Will keep it in mind for the future.

Just an additional question, in such cases, where posts will be removed but you have reached another rung of the ladder, does that mean you can be dropped down the ladder or will the ladder be maintained, irrespective?

Yes.

Word Count: 1

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: vijay

Hi Chir-Cute,

Best Regards,

@Bold- if the update can do & identify this correctly, you could perhaps get it not to add to the post count of the person when they do the original post itself.

This will ensure that newbies don't spam their way around the post restrictions, and older members don't have to see their post count go down from time to time.

The cons- probably extra server resources at the point of posting, but think there are already background processes that check for swear words and forbidden stuff at the posting point - so this will be one more minor work for it.

Edited by aekiel - 2 months ago
sakshi.ekansh thumbnail

Have been on IF for 14 years and when I saw the new ladder group beneath my name, I was confused as we are so used to the previous ones.

Knowing if there's a change there would be an explanation post somewhere, hence landed here.

A change is always good and the new names sound Gen-Z level cool or I must say "cooking". smiley36

I was hoping to change my ladder group (by climbing up) soon and its finally changed (even if this way smiley36).

Great development ... smiley31

A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 months ago

Exciting features Vijay Bhai smiley42 Certainly interesting way to motivate users for more active participation smiley9

MasoomaBukhari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

I remember how excited I was the last time new ladder groups came in smiley42. Everything from my bluetooth to aliases used to be on my IF's rank namesmiley36

But since IF has started to delete posts it is so disheartening .. I don't feel like posting anything as I don't know if it will even stay or get deleted. smiley18 I wonder how will anyone reach titan group with this policy where even deletion criteria is not clear smiley36

Still.. I am hopeful that things will get better one daysmiley1 as IF is putting in efforts to improve smiley14 All the best smiley20

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: MasoomaBukhari

I remember how excited I was the last time new ladder groups came in smiley42. Everything from my bluetooth to aliases used to be on my IF's rank namesmiley36

But since IF has started to delete posts it is so disheartening .. I don't feel like posting anything as I don't know if it will even stay or get deleted. smiley18 I wonder how will anyone reach titan group with this policy where even deletion criteria is not clear smiley36

Still.. I am hopeful that things will get better one daysmiley1 as IF is putting in efforts to improve smiley14 All the best smiley20

We’ll explore methods to ensure that clearing +1 posts doesn’t affect the Ladder Group, User Level, or Post Count.

Apart from the current Ladder Groups we are looking at introducing a new points-based system aimed at enhancing forum engagement. Name is not decided yet. This system will reward users with points for various activities beyond posting and commenting, such as participating in contests, receiving likes, and contributing high-quality content in terms of reviews etc. These points can be accumulated and used to unlock special features eg. Ad-Free, customisation options, providing a more interactive and rewarding experience for our community members. This is currently just at the idea stage.

If you have a suggestion on what all things we should include in awarding points, please feel free to share.

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 8

Does posting in Fanfiction page/posting chapters count towards the posts?

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Originally posted by: Queen0fDarkness

Does posting in Fanfiction page/posting chapters count towards the posts?

It counts as a comment as far as I am aware so it does count in your level and color ranking

I am not sure though, tagging someone who can help better

Edited by MochaQueen - 1 months ago