Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

I mean. It’s a good feature. And nothing to take it to heart.

Edited by nutmeg7 - 1 months ago
aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

I mean. I don’t mind if anyone has blocked me. No biggie, honestly! smiley36

I'm not overtly bothered about being blocked either, but if I knew that blocking someone would lead to them knowing that I blocked them, I might not do it.

Like I might not like A's political views, but don't mind his/her views on another subject, where we get along reasonably ok.

In such a scenario, I'd ordinarily think of blocking A, but if they will come to know about it (and wonder why), I'd perhaps refrain from blocking.

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Btw, under this "this post is hidden because you blocked this user" message, is there any option to view one specific post if I want to? (but keep the user blocked)

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Btw, under this "this post is hidden because you blocked this user" message, is there any option to view one specific post if I want to? (but keep the user blocked)

This reminded me of Jethalal meme smiley36

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Currently, there is no option to view specific posts from a blocked user while keeping them blocked directly on the forum. However, you can view the post by using incognito mode or logging out of your account temporarily.

Reasoning:

When a user blocks another, it signifies a need for distance. Allowing selective viewing could undermine the intent of the blocking feature and may inadvertently encourage continued interaction / altercation.

Best regards,

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

https://tenor.com/view/jab-we-met-kareena-kapoor-thank-you-babaji-thank-you-modiji-gif-18566269

Thank you Vijayjee! Now I can be a chatty Kathy without folks snooping and getting upset for no reasonsmiley16

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

https://tenor.com/view/jab-we-met-kareena-kapoor-thank-you-babaji-thank-you-modiji-gif-18566269

Thank you Vijayjee! Now I can be a chatty Kathy without folks snooping and getting upset for no reasonsmiley16

I'm always getting upset for some reason if you know what I mean

Arreyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

If you block someone, you cannot see their post. But they can see yours. They have to block you as well in order to restrict your posts. Also there’s a loophole, if you have blocked someone and you cannot see their post, you will be able to see that post if someone quotes them, you will be able to see what’s written by them.

This feature needs improvement.

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Oh no!

That means I have to unblock everyone on yrkkh forum 😭 otherwise kaise pata Chalega mujhe ki kaun kya kalesh kar raha hai smiley44

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Arreyaar

If you block someone, you cannot see their post. But they can see yours. They have to block you as well in order to restrict your posts. Also there’s a loophole, if you have blocked someone and you cannot see their post, you will be able to see that post if someone quotes them, you will be able to see what’s written by them.

This feature needs improvement.

Yeah in my case, expected parties have blocked each other out from both sides..no love lostsmiley36 as for the quotes... so ill block the person who is quoting the blocked posters....nothing against them....bass koi lafda nahi chahiye apun kosmiley14