Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NINALOGY thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: vijay

If it's just "Thank you," you can use the reaction option for the post instead.

Writing a minimum of 5 words ensures that interactions are more meaningful and engaging. While it might feel like a small inconvenience, this change aims to improve the quality of discussions on the forum. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look for ways to balance convenience with quality.

Got the point and it's valid too πŸ‘πŸ»

It's just that, getting vibes of School. Where teacher asks "What is abbreviation of CID?" and student have to write full answer that "The abbreviation of CID is Criminal Investigation Department" instead of just writing "Criminal Investigation Department" πŸ˜‚πŸ€­

minakrish thumbnail

The new "Create New Topic" page looks fantastic! πŸŽ‰ Love the streamlined design and new features. Thanks for making our forum experience even better!

Viswasruti thumbnail

The newly introduced feature ' create new topic' made the thread makers' lives easy.

Writing more than five words, as compared with two or three dry words, always makes people feel happy and is regarded as a positive interaction. Interaction is always fascinating, rather than a simple expression. smiley1

Thank you, Vijay, for this new feature. πŸ‘

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Not a fan of the overall layout because its just too much going on whereas last time there was less things to see when creating a topic or creating a post in a topic.

Also the rules part color used to be yellow and now just a shade darker than the overall greyish layout of the webpage..smiley5.

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 2 months ago
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Not a fan of the overall layout because its just too much going on whereas last time there was less things to see when creating a topic or creating a post in a topic.

Also the rules part color used to be yellow and now just a shade darker than the overall greyish layout of the webpage..smiley5.

Hi Chemcart_MJ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the new "Create New Topic" page design. We understand that changes can sometimes take a bit of getting used to, and we appreciate your input. Allow me to address your concerns and provide some reasoning behind our decisions.

1. Enhanced Layout and Unified Topic Creation:

We have unified the process of creating different types of topics (Discussion, Poll, Question, Vote Up) into a single page. Here’s why:

• Convenience: Having all topic types available on one page makes it more intuitive and convenient, especially for new members. This streamlines the process and saves time.
  • Icon-Style Topic Type: The new icon-style selection for topic types makes it easy to understand and choose the type of topic you want to create. The visual icons help differentiate between Discussion, Poll, Question, and Vote Up at a glance.
  • Improved Placement: We have repositioned elements like "Matured Content" and "Members Only" next to the message box to make them more accessible and user-friendly. This ensures that important settings are easily noticed and adjusted as needed.

While the previous layout was simpler, it did not offer the same level of functionality and ease of use that many of our users requested. Our goal is to balance simplicity with the ability to create richer, more engaging content.

2. Color Scheme and Visual Hierarchy:

We made some adjustments to the color scheme, including the rules section, for the following reasons:

• Visual Cohesion: The new color scheme provides a more cohesive look across the entire page, maintaining a modern and professional appearance. The previous yellow color, while attention-grabbing, did not blend well with the overall design.
  • Readability and Focus: The new shade for the rules section maintains readability without overwhelming the user with too many contrasting colors. This helps keep the focus on the main content creation areas, ensuring a smoother user experience.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve user experience, and your feedback is invaluable in this process. If you have any specific suggestions on how we can enhance the layout further without compromising functionality, we would love to hear them.

We appreciate your understanding and are here to assist with any further concerns or suggestions you might have.

Best Regards,
India Forums Team

firewings_diya thumbnail

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Got the point and it's valid too πŸ‘πŸ»

It's just that, getting vibes of School. Where teacher asks "What is abbreviation of CID?" and student have to write full answer that "The abbreviation of CID is Criminal Investigation Department" instead of just writing "Criminal Investigation Department" πŸ˜‚πŸ€­

i agree even for creation gallery and all where we just post a link we have to add 5 words smiley37
vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

i agree even for creation gallery and all where we just post a link we have to add 5 words smiley37

Google and our internal search engine don't understand images. By providing a brief description along with the image/link, it helps us make those images more accessible to other users through search results.

firewings_diya thumbnail

Google and our internal search engine don't understand images. By providing a brief description along with the image/link, it helps us make those images more accessible to other users through search results.

i feel we should not restrict the number of words. As that would make ppl more frustrated.

For eg. My post is as below. now it does not allow me to post as it's less than 5 words. This will make people stop posting as they may not be expressive through words but prefers just sharing things with others. Even for banner contest ppl post their selected banners. If we force ppl to fill words they will not even vote for banner πŸ™‚ i feel we should not restrict user. Rather may be a information alert should be given to them that this post can potentially get deleted in future due to word count being less than 5. This way ppl who wants to keep their post count intact they can comment as per their wish. Ppl who hardly care about promotion they will also will not feel obliged to fill post with words.

"This is good smiley1

https://youtu.be/zRjxlMe8Kyo?si=Z7DixcL0jo3nhqA0

"

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

i feel we should not restrict the number of words. As that would make ppl more frustrated.

For eg. My post is as below. now it does not allow me to post as it's less than 5 words. This will make people stop posting as they may not be expressive through words but prefers just sharing things with others. Even for banner contest ppl post their selected banners. If we force ppl to fill words they will not even vote for banner πŸ™‚ i feel we should not restrict user. Rather may be a information alert should be given to them that this post can potentially get deleted in future due to word count being less than 5. This way ppl who wants to keep their post count intact they can comment as per their wish. Ppl who hardly care about promotion they will also will not feel obliged to fill post with words.

"This is good smiley1

https://youtu.be/zRjxlMe8Kyo?si=Z7DixcL0jo3nhqA0

"

Just posting "This is good" with a YouTube link doesn't tell others much about what you're sharing. If you add a few more words to describe what the video is about, it helps everyone understand and find the content more easily.

I didn't think that writing at least 5 words would be such a big issue. It helps make the forum more engaging and informative for everyone.

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Just posting "This is good" with a YouTube link doesn't tell others much about what you're sharing. If you add a few more words to describe what the video is about, it helps everyone understand and find the content more easily.

I didn't think that writing at least 5 words would be such a big issue. It helps make the forum more engaging and informative for everyone.

so for example if a banner contest is conducted & users are asked to vote in a thread (excluding ones with polls/voting up or down), instead of writing the preferred banner or " i vote for x, y, z banner," we need to describe why we chose that banner? can you clarify?