Exciting Updates to Forum Navigation and Notification Settings!

New Feature

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Hi All,

We're thrilled to announce some major updates to our forum that will enhance your browsing experience and provide more control over how you receive notifications.

Here's What's New:

• Simplified Forum Following: We've streamlined the process to follow forums, making it easier to stay updated on the discussions that matter most to you.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 4.49.07 PM.png

• My Forums in Main Navigation: Accessing your favorite forums has never been easier! We've moved 'My Forums' to the main navigation area, allowing you to quickly switch between forums without having to navigate through the profile dropdown menu.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 4.48.38 PM.png

• Refined Notification Settings: Control how you receive notifications with our updated settings.

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 4.49.29 PM.png

Choose from:

• Regular: Receive notifications for less active forums up to a maximum of 4 emails per day, ensuring you don't miss new topics.
    • Limited: Opt for a daily digest from more active forums like the Bollywood forum, keeping you informed without overwhelming your inbox.

Global Preference Settings Override: Your overall preference settings take precedence over individual forum settings. If you choose not to receive notifications about forum topics in your main preferences, you will not receive any emails, regardless of your settings for individual forums.

Email Implementation Schedule: We will begin implementing these email notifications around next week. This gives you ample time to get familiar with the new settings and make any necessary adjustments to your preferences.

Example Usage: If you frequent the Bollywood forum, you might not need immediate notifications for every new topic. Instead, set this forum to 'Limited' to receive a daily summary. For less active forums, where new topics are sporadic, setting them to 'Regular' ensures you're promptly informed about new discussions.

No Wasted Emails: Rest assured that if there are no new activities in the forums you're following, we won't send unnecessary emails, even if set to 'Regular'.

We hope you enjoy these new features designed to make your forum experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible. We encourage you to explore the new settings and adjust them according to your needs.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

Thank you for being an integral part of our community. We look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Best regards,

India Forums Team

Edited by vijay - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

I am loving the new forum navigation feature .

Thank you for this update .🙏

I can now easily access all the forums I have been active in ....be it active forums or archived /locked forums also ❤.

Also I can manage the follow/ unfollow and set email notification preferences at the same place . đź‘Ť

Very nice work ❤

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 months ago
minakrish thumbnail

The new feature definitely does make it easier to navigate between the favorite forums without having to go through various pages. It looks neat aesthetically as well.❤️

Email option is great for people who don't visit the forums regularly. Thanks Vijay and team for all the hard work.smiley31

vijay thumbnail

There are some more changes coming to the Navigation menu.

We will be bringing the My Feed link so that as a user we can easily see all the relevant content based on my interests (Celebs, Forums, Shows, Movies, and Buddies).

vijay thumbnail

Another thing that is being discussed are new Ladder Groups and a new User Level system which is numerical and easy to follow. Will be sharing more details on this.

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

I'm totally loving this new update on India Forums! The more simplified look makes navigating the site so much easier and visually appealing. One of the best features of this update is the enhanced email notifications settings for each forum, allowing users to customize their notifications according to their preferences. This makes it convenient to stay updated on specific topics without being overwhelmed by unnecessary emails. Overall, this update significantly improves the user experience and makes participating in discussions more enjoyable. Thanks to Vijay and team who are working behind it.

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 3 months ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I’m here in sone other matter. Good that you improving things seems like it will make things navigating easier. Also, a thing thats important is activity. I have been a long time member and in the section I’m most active we had to have our chat thread removed due to some reasons which I guess I understand and hope it’s temporary as we don’t have a proper place to chat in the Bollywood section.

Secondly, and reason I’m here and that is the music chit chat corner used to be like the chit chat corner a permanent sticky but now suddenly it’s not due to some rules that this site or administration ( meaning your site) implemented. I mean the topics that are sticky rarely get much participation to begin ( ie movie and review threads and those get knocked down anyhow like birthdays after a week or so).

At least the music chit chat corner should remain a permanent sticky so that we have some participation and reason I even opened the topic earlier it was opened by moderators and then members with permission. I don’t understand how the rule just changed now. At least members post in the music thread and going by the rules. I myself have always obeyed the rules and been a member since 2011. But I’m just shocked when today I went to look at the topic and it wasn’t sticky. I messaged the mods and reply was
“Vijay has implemented a limit on sticky and announcement topics to a maximum of 5 across all forums. “ quoting what was mentioned.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention my view regarding the music chit chat corner and why I think it should stay as a sticky which it was always since I have been here. Thanks have a good day.

Edited by wat_up - 3 months ago
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Other thing will we get more pm space? As I don’t like deleting pms. Thanks lol

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

I’m here in sone other matter. Good that you improving things seems like it will make things navigating easier. Also, a thing thats important is activity. I have been a long time member and in the section I’m most active we had to have our chat thread removed due to some reasons which I guess I understand and hope it’s temporary as we don’t have a proper place to chat in the Bollywood section.

Secondly, and reason I’m here and that is the music chit chat corner used to be like the chit chat corner a permanent sticky but now suddenly it’s not due to some rules that this site or administration ( meaning your site) implemented. I mean the topics that are sticky rarely get much participation to begin ( ie movie and review threads and those get knocked down anyhow like birthdays after a week or so).

At least the music chit chat corner should remain a permanent sticky so that we have some participation and reason I even opened the topic earlier it was opened by moderators and then members with permission. I don’t understand how the rule just changed now. At least members post in the music thread and going by the rules. I myself have always obeyed the rules and been a member since 2011. But I’m just shocked when today I went to look at the topic and it wasn’t sticky. I messaged the mods and reply was
“Vijay has implemented a limit on sticky and announcement topics to a maximum of 5 across all forums. “ quoting what was mentioned.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention my view regarding the music chit chat corner and why I think it should stay as a sticky which it was always since I have been here. Thanks have a good day.

Thank you for telling us your thoughts and for being with us for so long. I understand your worries about the changes to sticky topics in the Bollywood section and the music chit chat corner.

We decided to keep only 5 sticky topics in all forums to help show the most active discussions better. Before, many forums had a lot of sticky or announcement threads that no one really talked in much, and this could bury the discussions that were actually active.

For the music chit chat corner, I know it’s an important place for everyone to talk. Our goal isn’t to reduce these discussions but to make sure that the threads that people are actively talking in stay at the top because of their activity.

Please keep participating in the music chit chat thread. If it continues to be active, it will stay at the top of the forum list. We will keep an eye on how this new rule of 5 stickies is working and are open to making changes based on what actually happens in the forums and what you all tell us.

Have a great day!