Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

firewings_diya thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: vijay

Just posting "This is good" with a YouTube link doesn't tell others much about what you're sharing. If you add a few more words to describe what the video is about, it helps everyone understand and find the content more easily.

I didn't think that writing at least 5 words would be such a big issue. It helps make the forum more engaging and informative for everyone.

it actually depends on how much patience ppl have. I have below examples where ppl may feel problematic

1. if someone is posting a link from twitter. That twitter link itself has some thoughts of x app user. Ppl need not write more about it. They are just sharing perspective of others.

2. Now a days VM creators are so good. We need not describe context on VM. The VM itself is self explanatory. The max ppl can write is this vm is good. Or nice vm. Some ppl may not be good with praising others. They can only do this much.

3. Sp is airing episodes at 6 am. Ppl wake up watch an epi and they are already frustrated because of the epi they watched. If they just post "its a boring epi". Now they are already frustrated and have to find words to describe what was boring for them.

4. Ppl want to wish happy birthday xyz. Now we have to fill words and ppl may be busy and they may postpon wishing and in the end they will forget wishing ppl only.

There are many more instance where ppl may not like this restriction

Edited by firewings_diya - 2 months ago
Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 8

So if I post a gif then I have to write an entire explanation on why I’m sharing it. What a joke.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ajab.Pehchan

So if I post a gif then I have to write an entire explanation on why I’m sharing it. What a joke.

It's not about writing an entire explanation, just adding a few words to contribute to the discussion. Instead of just posting a gif, you could say something like "This gif captures my feelings perfectly" or "I found this really funny." It helps others understand your context and keeps the conversation engaging. The minimum of 5 words ensures that everyone adds a bit more to the discussion.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

it actually depends on how much patience ppl have. I have below examples where ppl may feel problematic

1. if someone is posting a link from twitter. That twitter link itself has some thoughts of x app user. Ppl need not write more about it. They are just sharing perspective of others.

2. Now a days VM creators are so good. We need not describe context on VM. The VM itself is self explanatory. The max ppl can write is this vm is good. Or nice vm. Some ppl may not be good with praising others. They can only do this much.

3. Sp is airing episodes at 6 am. Ppl wake up watch an epi and they are already frustrated because of the epi they watched. If they just post "its a boring epi". Now they are already frustrated and have to find words to describe what was boring for them.

4. Ppl want to wish happy birthday xyz. Now we have to fill words and ppl may be busy and they may postpon wishing and in the end they will forget wishing ppl only.

There are many more instance where ppl may not like this restriction

I understand your concerns, but let's look at it this way:

1. For Twitter links, a quick comment like "Interesting perspective on X" or "Check out this take" adds more value and context for everyone.

2. For VMs, instead of just "Nice VM," try adding a bit more like "Nice VM, loved the editing" or "This VM really captures the emotion." It makes the praise more meaningful.

3. If an episode is boring, instead of just saying "It's a boring epi," you could say "It's a boring epi, not much happened today." It gives more insight and helps spark a discussion.

4. For birthday wishes, a simple "Happy birthday, XYZ! Hope you have a great day!" is still brief but more engaging than just "Happy birthday."

Yes, there's a small inconvenience as it makes users think a bit more, but in the long run, it enhances the quality of our discussions and interactions. The 5-word minimum ensures that posts contribute more meaningfully to the conversation, making the forum more engaging for everyone.

NINALOGY thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

i agree even for creation gallery and all where we just post a link we have to add 5 words smiley37

Oye yeh toh maine socha hi nhi. So, now we have to describe those images/videos with links.

Matlab IF waley humein writer bana ky hi chodein gaye 😂

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

IF Is Improving Everyday With The New Features.

Visiting IF Now Is Alot Of Fun

Thanks

Admin

smiley4

Sutapasima thumbnail

I just updated some pictures from Bengali TV shows . Adding a five word description will remind me what content I posted even if those pics are removed by the original web site . Also my posts will no longer become blank when pics are not visible . So it’s a good feature , I appreciate it . smiley20

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Posting Pictures Is A Bit Difficult Now

smiley6

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Oye yeh toh maine socha hi nhi. So, now we have to describe those images/videos with links.

Matlab IF waley humein writer bana ky hi chodein gaye 😂

even for banner contest now we gotta explain why we chose those banners or voted for those banners. smiley36
Chir-Cute thumbnail

Looks clean and neat. And, the use of grey colour for the "Forum Guidelines" box is bliss to my photosensitive eyes. It looks quite professional and organized. Thank you.