Exciting New Feature: Enhanced Blocking Options Now Available!

New Feature

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Dear Members,

We are thrilled to announce an important new feature designed to enhance your experience on India Forums. You now have the option to block members whose posts you do not wish to see.

What's New?

Previously, blocking a member prevented them from accessing your profile, sending you Private Messages, quoting your posts, reacting to your posts, and more. With this new update, blocking a member will also hide their posts from your view, giving you greater control over your forum experience.

How to Use It:

1. Hover over the User HoverCard of the member you wish to block.
  2. Click on the Block Button to block the member.
  3. Confirm the Block, and their posts will be hidden from your view.

You can also unblock users using the same method from the User HoverCard.

452747460_3610560959256559_4854722803003062000_n.png

(This above screenshot is for demo. I have not blocked @nutmeg4)

Benefits of the Enhanced Blocking Feature:

• Personalized Experience: Tailor your forum interactions by hiding posts from users who may disrupt your experience, creating a more enjoyable browsing environment.
  • Reduced Conflicts: By blocking users whose posts you find disagreeable or offensive, you can minimize unnecessary confrontations and arguments, leading to a more harmonious community.
  • Improved Focus: Stay engaged with content that matters to you without the distraction of unwanted posts, helping you focus on meaningful discussions.

How to Use It Responsibly:

While this feature offers significant benefits, it is essential to use it thoughtfully. Blocking should be reserved for situations where it truly enhances your forum experience. We encourage members to engage in respectful and constructive discussions, fostering a positive community atmosphere.

We believe this feature will contribute to a more peaceful and enjoyable forum environment for everyone. Thank you for being a valued member of India Forums and for helping us maintain a friendly and respectful community.

Please Note:

• Non-ladder group members cannot be blocked. This feature is reserved for interactions among ladder group members.
  • Blocking Restriction: To prevent misuse of the feature, once a user is unblocked, they cannot be blocked again within a 24-hour window. This ensures thoughtful and considerate use of the blocking feature.

We hope this new feature helps create a more comfortable and enjoyable environment for everyone. Thank you for being a valued member of India Forums!

Best regards,
India Forums Team

Edited by vijay - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Oh wow. I haven’t blocked anyone yet so don’t know how it will look. But I might experiment with this new feature. smiley20

minakrish thumbnail

The new blocking feature is fantastic and much needed. 🎉 It’s great to have more control over our forum experience for all members.🤩

Not that I have blocked anyone, and I also cannot do so since I'm part of the dev team.😂 But, thanks for the continuous improvements.💙

Minionite thumbnail

A good feature that will hopefully reduce the fights and tensions within members and forums. smiley32

Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 7

Very glad that this feature has been implemented at least I won’t be constantly mocked by certain individuals. Although I will miss taunting my rivals..

Sutapasima thumbnail

I am happy this feature has been added .

We did have a block feature earlier but this one seem much improved . Thank you for adding additional features into the blocking . I guess we need to change n adapt to the changing scenario in the forum . Many members have been demanding this for a long time . I am sure they all are going to be very happy . No more stress of seeing posts of individuals one wants to avoid .

Sharing screen shot to show to members the location of block button

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1473.jpeg

Thank you for this added feature of blocking unblocking time gap of 24 hrs .

Very thoughtful of technical teams
Thank you dear Vijay for this new added advantages .

IMG_0995.png

Tagging a few members who have been demanding this feature for some time now .

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 months ago
tgota92 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I am happy this feature has been added .

We did have a block feature earlier but this one seem much improved . Thank you for adding additional features into the blocking . I guess we need to change n adapt to the changing scenario in the forum . Many members have been demanding this for a long time . I am sure they all are going to be very happy . No more stress of seeing posts of individuals one wants to avoid .

Sharing screen shot to show to members the location of block button

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1472.png

Thank you for this added feature of blocking unblocking time gap of 24 hrs .

Very thoughtful of technical teams
Thank you dear Vijay for this new added advantages .

IMG_0995.png

Tagging a few members who have been demanding this feature for some time now .

So so SO HAPPY for this feature ! Thank you to everyone who made it happen ! It was the need of the hour ❤️

This is gonna be a great addition for sure.

Ajab.Pehchan thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 7

Aapne hamari pyaari si Nutty ko block kiya smiley3smiley36

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ajab.Pehchan

Aapne hamari pyaari si Nutty ko block kiya smiley3smiley36

Our dear Nutty is my darling … I will never block her . In fact I have never had the need to block anybody .

That pic/SS you are seeing is not from this active site …. It’s from experimental (Beta ) site used by technical team .

I will add diff SS .. don't want to hurt dear Nutty . smiley31

Edited by Sutapasima - 1 months ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

No worries Suta. I know you haven’t blocked me smiley31