Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Right - Thanks, I thought this was just that the members only of the forum when logged in can see it and anyone else can't. 

So by clicking this option - people can't quote you? that's good to know. 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

The word that comes to my mind when someone says "wait another 10 years" isn't "pessimistic;" it's "determined."

When someone's intention is to annoy you with unkind words or reactions, you have three choices: (1) react, which encourages the person to provoke you again; (2) go out of your way to be kind to that person, which can come across as weak or insincere; (3) ignore the hostility and do something nice for yourself. Living well is the best revenge, but if you can live well, who needs revenge anyway?

Of course. Totally agree. 

Lol - Vijay gave an angry emoji reaction to it instead. smiley36

But Mocha is a darling, she's very active in helping with games etc. 

But on a different topic, I agree what you said above about revenge. 

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I am unable to -- Move >> Merge >> Trash >> Lock any topic. 

I am getting this message when I try to do any of this --

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

I am unable to -- Move >> Merge >> Trash >> Lock any topic. 

I am getting this message when I try to do any of this --

Hey,

Please refresh the page and check if it resolves the issue?

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

Hey,

Please refresh the page and check if it resolves the issue?

Hi Vijay,

It resolved the issue.  Thank you!

Cheers..

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Please display the Request Profile link on every individual Celebrity page, not only the Celebrities main page. This will encourage users to contribute to the development of the Celebrities section whenever they notice that a topic is tagged with one Person but not another relevant Person.

For example, someone who reads my topic about the new daily drama Niveditā Mājhī Tāī would notice that it's missing a tag for one of the leads, Aetashaa Sansgiri, because her profile doesn't exist. Not knowing how to correct the omission, that someone would click on the tag for either Ashok Phal Dessai or Asmita Ajgaonkar and wonder whom to contact to request a similar profile for Aetashaa Sansgiri. It's not intuitive that one has to go to the Celebrities main page for this.

To prevent confusion, the Request Profile link on individual Celebrity pages should be accompanied by a note: for another Celebrity.

When more users get into the habit of requesting tags for Celebrities and using them on forum topics to connect Persons who have worked together, so that more diverse topics get featured on Celebrity discussion pages, traffic across forums should increase.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

I will definitely go through the same. But there are certain information that DT have access to which members are not aware of and not all information can be shared with others. 

There are instances where we see that some members join the forum just to create trouble and they have created multiple IDs. 

There is a member like that Funtuss who has joined the forum just to create trouble. I will any day take newbies who use polite language, and don't get personal, who sadly get direct ban within 24 hours, unlike a member like Funtuss who uses abusive language and abuses multiple members, yet still an active member of forum.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 3 months ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Hi, 

Can we reduce the period for people who post back to back if they are above senior level? I noticed that there is a 15-second wait for posting and then it will increase to 3 minutes for all users if a user is posting back to back. Can we remove that clause if the user is above the senior level? As it is very annoying that you have to wait for 3 minutes before making a new post if you are posting some clips of the event or maybe you are talking about cricket where each second is very precious adding this delay will ruin the excitement. 

Thanks, 

firewings_diya thumbnail

Hi, 

Not sure if it's an issue or a feature given to all users. I am not a moderator in the YRKKH forum. This post which I created was converted to a sticky post by moderators. Ideally, the power to turn it into a normal post should also be with moderators. When I went to edit this post the option to convert it to a normal post was available for me. To test this issue I clicked on it and updated it. Now I see that the post has turned into a normal post.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5343829

Is this a BUG or a power given to users intentionally?

Thanks

Diya 

Note: Tagging mods to inform them that I have turned this post it into normal post in order to test this issue smiley1 We need not stick it again as the thread has served it's purpose smiley1

Edited by firewings_diya - 3 months ago