Site Updates and Issues Discussions #8-[DT Note: pg-9 & 32] - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: vijay

Report Issues Here

• Encountering a glitch or a bug? This thread is your go-to place to report any technical issues you face. Our tech team will be monitoring this thread closely, ready to jump in and resolve problems.

- India Forums Team

Sir, I am part of a private chat forum created recently of which Iā€™m also one of  the moderators. But we are not able to create any topic - there is no option to create. Also, we want to edit the name & description of the forum - how can we do it?

Thanx

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

Hi, 

Not sure if it's an issue or a feature given to all users. I am not a moderator in the YRKKH forum. This post which I created was converted to a sticky post by moderators. Ideally, the power to turn it into a normal post should also be with moderators. When I went to edit this post the option to convert it to a normal post was available for me. To test this issue I clicked on it and updated it. Now I see that the post has turned into a normal post.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5343829

Is this a BUG or a power given to users intentionally?

Thanks

Diya 

Note: Tagging mods to inform them that I have turned this post it into normal post in order to test this issue smiley1 We need not stick it again as the thread has served it's purpose smiley1

Any body who is logged into IF can unsticky their own threads  

For making thread sticky or a forum announcement one need to have special  rights .

Edited by Sutapasima - 3 months ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Any body who is logged into IF can unsticky their own threads  

For making thread sticky or a forum announcement one need to have special  rights .

Oh okay thanks for the info.smiley20

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Originally posted by: shalu_libra

Sir, I am part of a private chat forum created recently of which Iā€™m also one of  the moderators. But we are not able to create any topic - there is no option to create. Also, we want to edit the name & description of the forum - how can we do it?

Thanx

Do you see a CONFIGURE button at the top left, just below the search bar? Click it to edit the forum name & description and set permissions for who can post topics.

Next to CONFIGURE, there should be NEW TOPIC and NEW POLL buttons.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Happy New Year to all IF-ians!

I'm having trouble with clicking on notifications on mobile. If I click on one and it takes me to the page where the post is, when I click on any other notification, nothing happens. I'm forced to refresh the page. This is on Chrome.  

tellyme thumbnail

Happy New Year to All IFians..šŸŽŠšŸŽŠšŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

I am again placing this request.

Can we have an ability to make the post Password protected. This has become a need for two very specific reason.

When posting some new creative idea here, we know the idea will very soon have several copies of iit floating. This I have found mostly in cases of story writing. Plagiarism is on high. This makes writer uncomfortable to post content with new here. 

Other important reason is, There can be content, with not only words or scene but mentally mature content, which we would not want below 18 or below 21 to go through. Mature button does not help much as everyone can just click on it and go to the post.

That kind of post have to then be made on personal blog with Password protection.

I thus request to take this request seriously and give is the ability to password protect the content.

Thanks

Edited by tellyme - 3 months ago
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

In the previous thread, you Liked my reply to this concern of yours: India Forums already provides two places where you have control over who sees your posts.

1. Post on your Wall. You can restrict viewing of your Profile to Buddies only.

2. Post in your own private forum. You can make it Request Join.

If you were scrolling through one public forum topic and you saw hundreds of hidden content posts ... so, you had to keep requesting passwords from dozens of members, and each of them asked you to PM them your proof of age ... and then you had to make time to go back and read their posts, that wouldn't be a pleasant user experience for you, would it?

So, instead of password-protecting individual posts when everyone is posting in each other's topics in the public forums, let's see what organized content within India Forums could be designated for individual members to control access. Other than profiles and private forums, I can think of two kinds of content.

3. Authors could control access to their own fan fiction books:

a) Anyone can read (G-rated)

b) All members of India Forums can read

c) Add the book to your Library to read it (i.e. advertise it on your profile)

d) Only Buddies can read the Author's books

e) Password-protected

f) Only Authors of the book can read it (i.e. an Author has to add another member as Author)

4. Whoever starts a topic could control access to it with auto-join, request join, or invitation only settings, similar to those of private forums. I wouldn't want to scroll through a forum page full of forbidden-to-access topics, but this might be a valuable feature when private forums get converted into public forums.

Whoever likes these ideas, please click Like. Whoever is trying to win the Expressionist badge but disapproves of everything I post, please be honest.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 3 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

There is still no chaska meter for aangan forum

tellyme thumbnail

Hey, 

Posting on private wall or private forum, clearly reduces the visibility of the post. 

The private blog can clearly achieves this if I know who my readers are. Creating more forums will only confuse the readers.

The whole purpose of this request is, the forum for which I write, is an old forum and we need to keep it super active. And I like to write story in the forum  of the show for which I write the story. The fans of the show deserve the story for which they visit the forum regularly.

And in the forum, we do not have ability to even categorize the post other than one saying 'Mature'. Even that lets readers in with just one click. 

And no password in forum makes content vulnerable to plagiarism .

Other place that I would like to place my story is in Fan Fic section, which is dedicated section for it.

Thanks,

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

Do you see a CONFIGURE button at the top left, just below the search bar? Click it to edit the forum name & description and set permissions for who can post topics.

Next to CONFIGURE, there should be NEW TOPIC and NEW POLL buttons.

Thanks for the reply. 

There is no configure button nor New topic buttons :(