Posted: 3 years ago

I find Jaya Bachchan a better actress by far

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Both are boring to me 😆

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Rekha may be more iconic due to her fashion statements and troubled personal life, but she is no where near Jaya when it comes to acting.

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

One is better actress onscreen and other off the screen.

rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Rekha is a complete package, I feel she got more glamourous roles instead of meaty roles in her prime, while Jaya is a wonderful actor. That said.. I will choose Rekha over Jaya anyday. IMHO She could have probably done a Mili or Chupke chupke or Piya ka ghar with just as much elan as Jaya did but I cannot imagine Jaya doing an Umrao Jaan or khoon bhari maang..

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Jaya Bachchan is an extraordinary actress. Not only was she the best of her generation in the early 70s. But when she returned in 2000 with Fiza and K3G, my god those performances are enough to make you cry every single time.

Rekha is an ultimate diva, I love her style and persona but her acting isn't on par with Jaya. Although what Rekha can do, Jaya can't do: Umrao Jaan, Khoon Bhari Maang (which is also one of my most favourite performances of all-time. But then we have Rekha doing awful films like Super Nani :(

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is like the Rani / Aishwarya comparison.

Jaya is definitely the better actress. Rekha is very charismatic, good looking, and had some iconic roles so people gravitate towards her more.

It's the same with Rani / Aishwarya. Rani is miles better as an actress, but Aishwarya has the 'most beautiful woman in the world' (such a stupid statement) hype, and charisma to boot so people gravitate towards her.

MJ1015 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Rekha has the absolute allure and glamor of a true star.. the ultimate heroine material.

But acting wise Jaya is unmatched. It's kind of full of pathos to witness the decline of an artist with such profundity and vibrance into a sulky and bad tempered person who is Irritated with everyone all the time.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Watching some of their younger roles, I found Rekha to be more natural in anything she did.

Watching their older roles, Jaya is so so so so good and surpasses Rekha's acting now.

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Rekha grew very much in terms of her acting and looks. She started her career at mere 13-14 age, but she polished her acting over the years.

Jaya was a natural actor who graduated from FTII. She had good screen presence and her acting some of the old movies are superb. In terms of acting, hardly anyone from her generation could match her as most of them focused more on glam rather than acting. She had graceful as well as pleasant screen presence in movies like Guddi,Jawani Deewani, Chupke Chupke. While on movies like Mili, Abhiman she rose above the script.

So in terms of acting I think Jaya was far superlative to Rekha.