Is Rekha a better actress than Jaya Bachchan?

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I've only seen their "older" roles (i.e. when they played mothers), and found Jaya 10 times better than Rekha. Jaya's acting in Fiza, KHNH and even in that godawful K3G was miles better than Rekha. Rekha is a very good actress though.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheSpicySay

Umrao Jaan beats anything Jaya has ever done.

What do you think?

That is an extremely questionable statement

Rekha was the bigger star and an absolute DIVA no doubt. Jaya was the better actor (by far) - probably the most talented actor in Bollywood amongst her peers, both men and women. She was so natural on screen

Her acting in Mili, Anamika, Abhiman, Guddi, Silsila would definitely rank above Umrao Jaan IMO

1123225 thumbnail

Jaya was an incredible actress.

Rekha was the bigger star. She was a decent actress but nowhere near Jaya's caliber.

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rekha is the total package

Best Umrao Jaan 1981 GIFs | Gfycat

Beautiful, Awesome acting, Nice voice, Expressions & Lovely dancing skills ❤️

1123225 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRK_Deewani92

Rekha is the total package

Best Umrao Jaan 1981 GIFs | Gfycat

Beautiful, Awesome acting, Nice voice, Expressions & Lovely dancing skills ❤️

She might have been the pre-Kangana😆 Shatrughan Sinha said there was never any Amitabh-Rekha. I guess all in her head.

SRK_Deewani92 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

She might have been the pre-Kangana😆 Shatrughan Sinha said there was never any Amitabh-Rekha. I guess all in her head.

When they acted in Silsila the director Yash Chopra mentioned In an interview with BBC, that Rekha and Amitabh were very much in a relationship before Silsila. Chopra said, "I was always on tenterhooks and scared (during Silsila) because it was real life coming into reel life. Jaya is his wife and Rekha is his girlfriend and the same story is going on (in real life). Anything could have happened because they are working together.

But besides that the affair seems real as there are many more other clues aswell 😛

Keeping her current grumpy old self aside, Jaya was a very beautiful and a superb natural actress in her younger days. A treat to watch on screen.

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hehe, thanks. I mean I am not even a fan of Jaya or anything, but really her acting was tremendously good in Fiza, KHNH and even LCMD. And hey, as much as people may mock K3G, she was really good there as well.

That said, Rekha is a good actress too. She was really good in KMG. And she's definitely very versatile as well.

Melissaa thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Both are really talented and good in their own way. Strictly based on acting, Jaya is the better actress. Rekha has the star quality, her screen presence is magnetic and she is a fabulous dancer.

Fallen-Embers thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wonder what Big B would say?

Rekha - Wow

Jaya - ❓

😆