Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: MiniRulz

dated or not she is very very close to jeetendra,randhir kapoor and rakesh roshan😉also navin nishchal her very first co-star..

For Aastha, Basu Bhattacharya had asked the film's leading lady Rekha who she would like to be seduced by in the movie. She had recommended Navin Nischol's name. On being asked why, she said she felt safe with him.

Safe how? 😆

And yes, she seems to be really close to jeetendra and rakesh roshan .. even closer to their children- Tushar and Hrithik.
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
So the woman chased away by ekta kapoor with a sandal was rekha?! Or was it Sri devi?! I think it was shedevil 🤔
222149 thumbnail

Originally posted by: grounder

Safe how? 😆

And yes, she seems to be really close to jeetendra and rakesh roshan .. even closer to their children- Tushar and Hrithik.

no idea how but that scene was 🤢
Karenina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: astha36

I can't believe how frank these 70s interviews used to be. Why would they talk about such private things in an interview? And I am shocked that Rekha might have got beaten with sandals? How does that kind of thing happen with stars? Totally messes with my perception of BW stars.😕

The 70s was very liberal from what I've gathered, read, and heard. It all started from the 60s and the Hippie Era. People were tired of conventions and norms by the 60s and 70s. Even in conservative cultures of South Asia (especially India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal), people had started to breakaway from norms. Worldwide, especially in US and UK, it was the same - except sexuality was more accepted in those parts. You have the feminist movement in the 60s and how everyone was being more open-minded, seeking new fortifiers, and in all of this - people were more accepting.

There was a time when having an opinion and respecting someone else's opinion was normal. It was considered cultured. Today, it's the reverse. All this political correctness and how even the celebrities - who are all part of liberal and performing acts - talk and act like politicians. It's amazing. Art was the anti-thesis of politics and societal hypocrisy. How did we all come to a stage where everyone is offended, people have become so narrow-minded, there is no mutual respect, and everybody has to hold a facade and hide their real selves?

Bollywood was a LOT more liberal in 60s until the mid 90s. It's only from early 2000s this whole facade begun.
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

The 70s was very liberal from what I've gathered, read, and heard. It all started from the 60s and the Hippie Era. People were tired of conventions and norms by the 60s and 70s. Even in conservative cultures of South Asia (especially India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal), people had started to breakaway from norms. Worldwide, especially in US and UK, it was the same - except sexuality was more accepted in those parts. You have the feminist movement in the 60s and how everyone was being more open-minded, seeking new fortifiers, and in all of this - people were more accepting.

There was a time when having an opinion and respecting someone else's opinion was normal. It was considered cultured. Today, it's the reverse. All this political correctness and how even the celebrities - who are all part of liberal and performing acts - talk and act like politicians. It's amazing. Art was the anti-thesis of politics and societal hypocrisy. How did we all come to a stage where everyone is offended, people have become so narrow-minded, there is no mutual respect, and everybody has to hold a facade and hide their real selves?

Bollywood was a LOT more liberal in 60s until the mid 90s. It's only from early 2000s this whole facade begun.

Yes after the free love movement, 60s and 70s were very liberal (I am talking about west, it all started in US, UK and the world followed) then it started to become more conservative in the late 80s and 90s

That's when religious movements began to regain momentum too

What religious conservatives used to do now liberals are doing, shutting down different viewpoints, treating anybody who has a different opinion as public enemy etc

Coming back to topic I like websites like http://cineplot.com/ where you can read old IVs of older stars, it's very interesting than today's IVs, they didn't have to worry about being PC then...

dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MythicalMoth

So the woman chased away by ekta kapoor with a sandal was rekha?! Or was it Sri devi?! I think it was shedevil🤔

W*F?? When did that happen? What is the full story here??
222149 thumbnail
^^^@betty-I love cineplot and the best thing is you not only get articles and interviews of leading stars but character actors who are totally forgotten :/
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
These old 50s to 2000s stories of affairs always intrigue me... I want to hear more stories of these hook ups.. break ups.. that is the true entertainment!!!
Karenina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Yes after the free love movement, 60s and 70s were very liberal (I am talking about west, it all started in US, UK and the world followed) then it started to become more conservative in the late 80s and 90s

That's when religious movements began to regain momentum too

What religious conservatives used to do now liberals are doing, shutting down different viewpoints, treating anybody who has a different opinion as public enemy etc

Coming back to topic I like websites like http://cineplot.com/ where you can read old IVs of older stars, it's very interesting than today's IVs, they didn't have to worry about being PC then...

Yeah.

Being liberal was being a free-spirit, respecting other communities, religions, sects, creed, etc., not being orthodox in conventions, creating a new order of similar views, etc.

Today, liberalism is being offended by the drop of a hat. Liberalism was about humanism and universal acceptance not being politically correct. In fact, liberals weren't even bothered with religion. It wasn't an area of discourse. I can't understand how liberalism transformed into pseudo-discrimination.
chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

It was during 1971 when Vinod debuted in Hindi cinema. Back then, Rekha was nursing a broken heart as she had just parted ways with Jeetendra.

Rekha dated Jeetendra as well?

Well, I'd say those times were not less interesting than today's Bollywood, even if not more. We expect those times stars maybe more conservative, diplomatic than today's. But stars like Sharmila Tagore, Zeenat aman, Rekha, Parveen Babi for me were bolder than today's stars.

I didn't know that rekha Jetendra as well. I only knew of Jeetendra-Hema Malini almost wedding; and Jeetendra simultaneously dating his present wife Shobha Kapoor.

News to me as well. I've read about her marriage to Vinod Mehra though.