Durreshahwar tvkahani full drama review

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Review : Durr e Shahwar HUM TV

Posted on June 16, 2012 by admin

E Six Sigma and MD Production's co-production is surely to raise eyebrows. Durr-e-Shehwaar, the first of its kind, invoked great interest in one and all. It stars big names, is directed by a critically acclaimed director and it replaced the biggest hit in the industry. Expectations were justified!

I took so long reviewing this serial because I wanted to see everything and analyze every aspect. I loved the first episode of this hit serial, but I couldn't jump the trigger there. Let's analyze this one in detail here.

Durr-e-Shehwaar tells the story of Durr-e-Shehwaar (Sanam Baloch/Samina Pirzada) and the troubles she has to face once she gets married and moves to a totally different household. The story looks simple on paper; however, it is the screenplay that turns it great. Umera Ahmed's is known for taking a simple story and playing with minimal characters. Here, she does it again and how!

The writer proves why she is considered to be one of the best today. In this one, every scene counts. You are hooked on from the first episode till the very last scene. The characters are very real and you instantly connect. The moments remain with you even when the credits have rolled.

But, then, there are drawbacks too. Durr-e-Shehwaar's troubles go a long way and eventually you start feeling bored of the same thing. I wish the writer had concentrated a little more on the love story (how they really grew closer) and how Durr-e-Shehwaar won everyone over. This is one thing badly missing, and I have no idea why. There was scope!

I liked how the story unfolds in the flashback mood. Something like this has rarely been done this beautifully on our screens. Bravo to both the writer and the director. Haissam Hussain surely takes the cake here. After giving duds after duds, the Dastaan director strikes back. The direction is superb and he silences all his critics here. The emotional scenes are exceptionally well directed.

From the acting point of view, Sanam Baloch strikes gold. I have never been a fan of the actress, but here she wins me with a very sincere performance. The actress, who is known for going over with her expressions, is very controlled. Actually, she expresses really well with her face and eyes. It's a performance that deserves immense praise. Mikaal bowled me over. What an incredible performer. He has never known for his acting caliber, but here he ups his game. This has to be his career-best performance. His body languages, expressions, dialogue delivery, are all perfect. I hope to see more of such great performance from this supremely talented actor.

Samina Pirzada and Qavi Khan are both very talented and they prove it here again with their sincere performances. Both are very restrained, suit their role and look the part.

I had great expectations from Nadia Jamil who disappoints hugely. The supremely talented actress plays the role she has played a dozen times. Seriously, why make a comeback to play such a mediocre role? You're worth more, Nadia. She acts well but there's nothing exceptional. It's strictly a supporting role. The same goes for Noman Ijaz who is too much on our screen and we need a break now. The actor has reached a point where he should start saying 'NO'. Nevertheless, his performance is still highly likeable.

From the supporting cast, the actors who play Sanam's brother in law, father, sister-in-law and sister are excellent. The evil saas is also very believable. This has to be one of the best things about this serial. Makers choose the right actors for the right part and they all act really well.

The editing is okay and the camera work is excellent. It reminds me of Saawariya[the movie] though, but it isn't really a bad metaphor. I am not sure if it has an OST, but the background music is not unique. The production values are excellent.

Overall, this is a great show that you must give a try as it is filled with great moments. It will make you cry and also give you a lesson on patience and love. Watch it for great performances by the lead cast. Too bad it was over shadowed due to some weird promotion strategy. If you've missed this one, give it a try. It's sophisticated!

Ratings:

This entry was posted in Reviews and tagged durr e shehwar, durre shahwar, durreshahwar hum tv drama review. Bookmark the permalink. Edit

Leave a Reply

Logged in as admin. Log out?

Comment

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i hate that graphic btw
I loved the review! Everyone must watch this drama! :D
The OST was good too!
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the review - i really enjoyed the show!
..-Ayesshhaa-.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The show was really good !!