Pop singers and drama OSTs?

dramaybaaz. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
So I'm sure we all know that most drama OSTs have been sung by the likes of Sanam Marvi, RFAK, Sohail Haider and a couple more. But recently we've been seeing a trend of pop singers singing OSTs, like Zeb and Haniya singing Daam, QB singing Humsafar and now Bilal Khan singing Mata-e-Jaan. Is this new development to bring in the youth? Just wondering really, leave your speculations guys.

P.S Is it just me or is Mata-e-Jaan's OST amazing? Bilal Khaaan <3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

starstruckk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Are Zeb & Haniya really pop?

QB & Bilal Khan are both fairly new. I think both have gotten great opportunities with their respective OSTs. & both of them have only sang one OST each thus far.

As far as your question goes. I don't see it like that.

One can't expect Sanam Marvi or RFAK to sing every OST there is. They're voices don't suit every kind of music genre there is either. & they can't sing every OST..With that said, I feel the youth connects with any OST that's good to the ears, regardless of it being pop, rock, classical etc. It really has nothing to do with the genre. Every RFAK song be it an OST or one his bollywood songs etc, the youth usually does connect with it..in fact people of all ages do..because he gets good songs. All of Sanam Marvi's OSTs do pretty well..Paani Jaisa Pyar from what I can think of now, was a pretty big hit amongst everyone for the most part.

So, I feel it all just has to do with the type of song for the most part. If the OST is good (from lyrics, to music and then yes the singer too)..people appreciate it. Certain singers suit certain kinda songs..and it more or less has to do with promoting anyone who has the talent to sing well.
Edited by starstuck - 12 years ago
ambarsabri01 thumbnail
Sanam Marvi is one of my most favorite singer all the times and i love her so much and now days pop songs are doing a great especially their uses in latest fashion weeks are going to be poplar so thanks you share this post with us here
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
i think Sanam Marvi and RFAK's voices cant suit ALL OSTs there is, i mean Fariha Parvez is also singing OSTs and other playback singers/pop singers can sing it i dunno if this can be called a trend... but aisa hi hote hai world main... i mean new people come and take over
QB and Bilal have like just stepped into this world, [of singing 🤣] and i think theyll be getting more offers!
Jal's song payal was taken for Doraha
and a lot of others i dont remember, i dont think its a trend though, its more of a necessity, theyre just going with the flow =)
tehreemm thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I think the new singers or other singer should get a chance too and anyways RFAK's voice won't be suitable for every OST 🤔 and even tho I like sanam marv's voice very much still she can't sing every OST, there should be variations and tbh I didn't know about QB before I started listening to humsafar OST (I am very lazy person to even watch new videos or listen to new songs unless someone recommends me 😆) and I am sure that I am not the only one who didn't know about her but I am glad now not only in Pakistan but also in other countries people recognize her and appreciate her and same goes for bilal khan tho I have heard his songs but I am sure Mata e jaan's OST will surely make him more popular than he already was 😳
P.S I told this before too, mata e jaan's OST gives me goosebumps and bilal khan's voice is just mindblowing in it 😳