My Dear Sautan -TVKahani full drama review

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Home | Happenings | Dramas | Celebrities | Ratings | Contests | Forums | Contact |

My Dear Sautan(ARY)

Preview
Cast & Crew
Wallpapers & Images
Articles
Trailers
Full Episodes
OST+Lyrics
Review
Trivia
Fanclub

Review

Sautan and the other woman is one topic that has been beaten to death by our script writers and directors. My Dear Sautan walks the same path. This A&B Production that airs on ARY every Wednesday promises nothing, and does not surprise you either.
This is the story of Tehzeeb(Sumbul Iqbal) who belongs to a very poor family, and is in love with Meherbana(Sami Khan). The two are engaged to get married when Tehzeeb comes across Taj(Qavi Khan), a man unhappily married. Tehzeeb in order to save her poor family marries Taj, breaking Meherbaan's heart. The story then focuses on the turmoil of everyone involved.
In terms of story there is just nothing new or unusual. This is actually a sad situation as the drama fails to leave any positive impact on you. There's no single moment that deserves a mention here for its greatness, but there surely are some glitches.
Why does Qavi Khan marry Tehzeeb?
Why this sudden change in Tehzeeb's attitude after getting married?

There are too many questions left unanswered. Nadeem Siddiqui fails to leave any mark. This is another debacle from the director who has yet to give any project worth mentioning. The dialogues are okay. The OST is totally useless.
Out of the principal cast no one leaves you impressed. Qavi Khan is good in his role, but we are seeing too much of this actor these days. Sumbul Iqbal fails to leave any mark, and looks raw in most of the scenes. I have no idea why someone as seasoned as Saba Hameed said yes to this sorry of a script. The talented actress is totally wasted. Sami Khan now bores you with the same character. It's a pity the actor fails to respect his own talent. Hasan Ahmed is cast in a role that does not suit him; he stands like a sore thumb. Umair Laghari is efficient.
Over all this is one drama where any thing that could possibly go wrong; went wrong. The drama is a waste of scarce resources.

Rating :

About Us | Privacy Policy | Site Map | Disclaimer | Careers | Feedback