Mera Naseeb - full drama review

Taify thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

MERA NASEEB(TVKahani Review) by : Altaf Hussain
When Qaid-e-Tanhai ended, everyone waited anxiously for HUM TVs next show, and out came Mera Naseeb. The drama that has always been in the news first for its mammoth starcast, and then for the terrific story.

When a drama comes balancing both our veterans, and new comers it automatically makes people take notice. The promos gave the feeling of another "Sibling" story but as the drama starts you realize there is more to it than just the "I am ugly – You are beautiful" story.

Story : The drama based on a novel by Indian writer(uncredited) is simply beautiful. The story is that of two cousins(step sisters) and where their faith takes them. Story is of Nazia and Shazia that are as different as chalk and cheese and live in the orthodox family eventually getting married by their mothers choice, and how life takes twists from there, and also shows how their naseeb is interlinked.

The drama starts on a beautiful note showing the old heritage, and the different characterization of two leads. The whole flashback story is amazing, and keeps you hooked. The best part is the twist that comes in between-totally unexpected. The story then moves forward with both the leads getting married(by their mothers choice), and how they try to settle in their new life facing difficulties from parents in law, ex—lower, and in cases their own husbands.

Technicalties : The story is indeed novel,and the best part is the screenplay(Samira Fazal). The dialouges penned in by her are simply fantastic(some lifted directly from the novel), and leave an impact on you.
The direction by Adnan Ahmed is good, and the camera shots are phenomenal at places. The haveli set(location) has to be mentioned. It looks beautiful. The wardrobe is also excellent.
Editing is near perfect. No such complaints are ever heard when you have Momina Duraid producing the drama herself.
The title track by Komal Rizvi could've been better.

Relationships: There are many relationships shown in the drama, and the most major one is that of the two cousins sisters Nazia and Shazia. The relationship is beautiful, and takes time to evolve. It makes you connect, and feel for the sisters. You cry for them, and cheer for them when required.
The drama also shows the relationship shared by three women staying in the house Sakina Sammo, Bushra Ansari, and Samina Peerzada. It's very catching, and the characters are beautifully written.
The husband and wife relationship is also beautifully etched. No complains.

Acting: Lets first discuss the leads. Sanam Saeed who plays the intelligent and dusky sister is exceptional in her role. Her dialogue delivery is beautiful, and is totally the part. The actor matches the intensity of the veterans.On the other side the debutante Syra Yusuf fails to impress. Her expressions are laughable in most of the scenes, and she can't deliver the dialogues given. The actress underacts, and over acts at parts-but looks gorgeous throughout the drama.
Imran Abbas is lucky to get this role. The actor who is often criticized for his acting talent is now choosing meaty roles, and he has done full justice to the character of Moiz. He is brilliant in both romantic, and villains' scenes. Adeel Hussain leaves an impression, and made people notice. Imran Aslam plays the underdog really well. His expressions are controlled.

Now, to the veterans.Sameena Peerzada plays the bechari woman with different shades to her character. Her dialogue dElivery gets irritating at times, but asking for more would be too greedy here. Sakina Sammo acts too hard, and gets on your nerves with the easy to dislike character. Rubina Ashraf is mostly sidelined hardly having any screen time. I wonder what made her say yes to the character. Bushra Ansari sparks the screen everytime she is on. Her expressions, delivery, mannerism is all perfect. She takes to the role like a fish takes to water. Sajid Hassan is exceptional in his role of an evil husband. He is immensly likeable.

All in all this is the kind of show that should not be missed. A drama like this comes once in a while. If you have missed this one make sure you get the DVD when it comes out. It offers great acting, screenplay(Story), magical moments, and has enough twists to keep you hooked.
Highly recommended.

Ratings :

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ana.khan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thxxx alott...ll watch it soon on utube...
-Lostindreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Wow this actually makes me want 2 watch the show. Thanks for sharing.
Usman. thumbnail
agree with everything except the acting part... syra yousuf is doing quite a good job. she is playing her character different from typical heroins of tv serials..a good job as a first timer.. the three veterans Sakeena Sammo, Samina Peerzada & Rubina Ashraf... they all are playing characters with different shades & doing justice to their role.. though Rubina Ashraf gets less screen time but she makes her presence felt.. on the other hand i feel Sajid Hassan hams its not because of the character he plays.. but i feel he goes over the top.. he shouts in every scene..
Edited by Usman. - 13 years ago
SidNeeti-fan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wat did dey say abt sakina sammu??m i missing something😕

anyways agree wid sanam n syra's part sanam's doin brilliant job whereas syra really needs to brush up her acting skills
Taify thumbnail
Its one of those must watch dramas :d
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't find it very good.. I watched some episodes, but I didn't like the drama much... or at all for that sake...
Taify thumbnail
y not?
itx really well liked. has great ratings too :D
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
what? 3 and a half?
r the article writers nutsss!? 😲
its a 4 and a half or 5...
:D
.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Taify

y not?
itx really well liked. has great ratings too :D

I don't know it wa soo slow.. i watched two episodes... & i could predict what was going to happen.. No suspence... in short boring.. "just my POV" no offence to any MeraNaseeb fans..

lol. thats typical indan... go after Trp's 😛

& its more about taste I think...