Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 days ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't care about this movie one way or the other but Alia deserved this flop so that she will stop being so damn annoying and go away for a while. Overexposure doesn't help anyone.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Biggest Opening days Solo Female Starrers

1) Gangubai- 9.62 Cr

So either do what's never been done by any female star or you're not one. smiley37

Chaapak for reference is 4.4 Cr. I'm sure Alia will crush that number, no problem..🤣

Chaapak actually did 4.77 cr as per many portals but even if we take 4.4 cr the number you gave, it still beat Jigra opening numbers. Jigra collected only 4.25 cr as per few portals.

Chaapak was more niche movie than Jigra plus Deepika's visit to jnu just before the release affected it more. Moreover Chaapak was in a clash with Tanaji (Ajay's movie)

Acting as that point will be brought up. Have not seen both movies so cannot say for both. Also am sure both have done well in their movies. Opinions differ for acting even.

And thank you for putting Deepika pic in your DP. I love that pic as she is looking beautiful there.

Edited by Autumnn - 4 days ago
Blackwater thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: anna143

how can u expect double digit from this genre? you know very well double digit was not possible. Secondly, watch the movie and she ACTED well so her job is done she doesn’t have to do shitty numbers and vulgarity like Tripti to be relevant

Ofcourse Aloo doesn’t have to.. She ll rather snatch movie from Tripti, if she manages to get something meaty, and ll remain relevant smiley17

Edited by Blackwater - 4 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Chaapak actually did 4.77 cr as per many portals but even if we take 4.4 cr the number you gave, it still beat Jigra opening numbers. Jigra collected only 4.25 cr as per few portals.

Chaapak was more niche movie than Jigra plus Deepika's visit to jnu just before the release affected it more.

And thank you for putting Deepika pic in your DP. I love that pic as she is looking beautiful there.

Thank you for pointing this out. Chaapak is the literal definition of a niche film. I watched it and even as a Deepika fan, I felt so uncomfortable during the movie due to its subject matter that I wanted to walk away and stop watching. It's a very hard subject to address and very emotionally taxing. If most people watch movies to be entertained, then Chaapak is not the right movie for that and it never could be.

In contrast, Jigra is not a niche film. Her fans keep defending its flop status by saying it could never have done well because it's a niche film but it's literally anything but. The whole reason Alia is resorting to action films is because action films are all the major movies now. That's the main genre in BW so if a male actor did a film like Jigra, it would never be called a niche film. It would be about as normal a movie as possible. Suddenly Alia is doing it and it's a niche movie so her PR can justify its failure.

Alia should have learned from Heart of Stone or Heart of Darkness or whatever that Netflix disaster was called. She's not cut out for action films. Seems she's going to keep trying with Alpha but she won't be accepted in such roles. And the problem isn't with the movie or the role, it's that she's fundamentally miscast in such roles.

Yes, DP looks excellent in that scene/profile pic. It's already become a viral meme from the trailer alone.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Alia has failed even from her own standards. Her own film Raazi, also a thriller, opened at 7 crore. That too 7 years ago.

Joannna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

But she is not just anybody. We have been told again and again that she is Lady Bachchan, little Meryl Streep. Best actress ever to be born and a female superstar. So her film will have to do a minimum double digit.

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Biggest Opening days Solo Female Starrers

1) Gangubai- 9.62 Cr

2) The Dirty Picture- 9.23 Cr

3) Mary Kom- 8.3 Cr

4) Manikarnika- 7.7 Cr

5) Jism 2- 7.6 Cr

So either do what's never been done by any female star or you're not one. smiley37

Chaapak for reference is 4.4 Cr. I'm sure Alia will crush that number, no problem..🤣

smiley37smiley37smiley37smiley37

Yup soooo crushed a film with a genuine niche concept and entire right wing backlash released during a clash

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nothing against Kareena. Veere di Wedding and Crew are multistarrers while Heroine is down the list with 6.4 Cr.

Just like Golmaal & Housefull series are but who is the stars of the films?

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Alia has failed even from her own standards. Her own film Raazi, also a thriller, opened at 7 crore. That too 7 years ago.

Those numbers for Raazi are also highly suspect. KJo's machinations were not as widely known then which is why Raazi slipped under the rug and doesn't get as much flack as later Dharma films but plenty of people on here have said Raazi's numbers were heavily boosted.