Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 5 days ago

Samantha has promoted the heck out of it, I’m not sure why. That should bring in a couple of crores at least

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Samantha has promoted the heck out of it, I’m not sure why. That should bring in a couple of crores at least

My guess is she’s signed a movie with Dharma, or Dharma is presenting one of her upcoming movies.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: behindyou

smiley36 If jigra does less than gangubai after 4 years, does it imply that Alia is nothing without SLB especially if we add inflation. Star power increases nor decreases.

I think the writing was on the wall when Kjo's directorial RARKPK with chartbuster music and Ranveer struggled to get a double digit opening despite the corporate booking allegations, but Ranveer got great reviews Kjo-Alia manage to salvage the situation to an extent by building a positive enough perception around the film.

This time however the role thief controversy blew up like anything that too in the last week of it's release, the Lady Bachchan and the biggest superstar of the generation wale proclamations just worsened the situation making people super cynical about the duo, regarding everything from BO to reviews, tally claims by media n industry etc to burst people's bubble no it's not restricted to IF it's all over the social media on every platform they are receiving brickbats for their manipulation tacticssmiley36

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Alia has no star power whatsoever.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Even Rocky aur Rani's huge success overseas where it was a blockbuster was purely due to the goodwill international audiences have for KJo and Ranveer. Ranveer is super popular overseas which is why Padmaavat outgrossed Sanju internationally and also why 83 was the highest grossing movie of its year overseas.

Alia very much needs Ranveer to boost her which is why KJo has been working so hard to establish them as the new hit pairing, or the next SRK/Kajol as he claims. He tried this earlier with Varun/Alia but Varun never had that starpower so it was a case where both were duds. KJo now thinks that if he pairs one genuine star with a dud, that dud will also have starpower of her own.

Rocky aur Rani needed a genuine female star. Kajol, Rani, Preity, Aishwarya in the 2000s. Deepika, Katrina, or even Anushka could have done this role now and had the much-needed starpower. People have been wanting to see Deepika/Ranveer in a contemporary romantic film and Katrina and Ranveer have never been paired together.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

That's not right, imo. She definitely has...but there is so much negativity she herself, Karan and her pr have generated that it is unavoidable to impact her work as an actress, I think.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Originally posted by: Clochette

That's not right, imo. She definitely has...but there is so much negativity she herself, Karan and her pr have generated that it is unavoidable to impact her work as an actress, I think.

I used to think she was a sweet person because she always praised Deepika, Katrina at least in public. But her PR and how Kjo steals movies for her, makes me dislike her.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Karan Johar disagrees, whole heartedly, and strongly, in his delusional lala land.

-------------------

Edited by sharaban - 5 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Oh yes, she indeed was (and - in a certain way - still is) a "sweet person"...but a filmindustry can do a lot of harm... (and also own wishes)

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Biggest Opening days Solo Female Starrers

1) Gangubai- 9.62 Cr

2) The Dirty Picture- 9.23 Cr

3) Mary Kom- 8.3 Cr

4) Manikarnika- 7.7 Cr

5) Jism 2- 7.6 Cr

So either do what's never been done by any female star or you're not one. smiley37

Chaapak for reference is 4.4 Cr. I'm sure Alia will crush that number, no problem..🤣

looks like you have problem with Kareena