Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Posted: 6 hours ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

I feel so old right now diya smiley36 patience nahi hota kisi bhi organisation mei. They don’t get results, they panic. What do you think is a channel’s end goal? To earn right. If rishta is doing well, why would they end it. Nepotism is in most of the industries. Not just entertainment.

Channel is an employer and PH small entities working under them. Actors are employees.

haha true maggie noodles generation expects quick result and no patience 😄 i feel tv generation soon will end as hardly new generation watch tv. Soon it will start declining only those channels which cater to new generation will run.
nutmeg7 thumbnail

Nothing to do with maggie noodles generation... LOL. If it brings money, in... if it doesn't, out!

The_Best thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: Aadi04

I agree with your view point .. flawed MLs are more interesting than golden boys

You can correlate with men like Armaan .. you will find them in every house .. men who are used by their family and are called as joru ka ghulam if they take a stand for their wife .

Virat is not like Armaan he was egoistic but fearless .. practically every senior police officer will have this type of personality and aggression otherwise difficult to survive in police force .

Vanraj type of guys are most common ..that’s why anupama fetches Trp .. because a lot of women have dealt with Vanraj type of spouses .. and in laws like shahs .. they can relate to her .

Leena G writes beautiful characters .. it’s upto the PH to take up from that

Mills and boon heroes like RK and ASR do not exist in real life

Exactly Vanraj, Armaan and Virat type of men are far more common and realistic than ASR and RK types. RK and ASR types had hug craze which was scary as the damage was also stronger. Also they weren’t realistic as that’s not how men are. Rarely any man will be like those.
Aadi04 thumbnail

Team Critics

Originally posted by: The_Best

Exactly Vanraj, Armaan and Virat type of men are far more common and realistic than ASR and RK types. RK and ASR types had hug craze which was scary as the damage was also stronger. Also they weren’t realistic as that’s not how men are. Rarely any man will be like those.

Nobody would want to live with such psycho folks ..it’s like they say in the movie 50 shades of grey was enjoyed by ladies because the guy was a billionaire , young n good looking

if he was poor , old and ugly ..girls would have called him a creep and handed him to police

The_Best thumbnail

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: Drna7

@bold genre also matters. If it's thriller then people may root for criminals but there representation is accordingly, those characters don't get whitewashed or portrayed as saints.

But some shows portray them as saints after doing abuse and what not, that's wrong.

After corona I am yet to see a show with proper storyline, strong no-nonsense leads.

I am fine with criminals too if the characterization is great. I will root for them if I find them justified and other characters are pathetic to the core like in Beyhadh smiley36 especially when others there were also criminals but were just not called out except Maya. But showing criminal mls as heroes and ending up with fls without jail time or redemption is extremely problematic as those influence teenagers to romanticize that and think such RK and ASR type of men and relationships are love and normal.
Edited by The_Best - 6 hours ago
firewings_diya thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Earlier we had long running shows but number of actors in a show were more so it was okay to have them runninv long but we also had balance of shows like some shows like shararath and tu tu main main will cater ppl like me who like comedy shows over family drama or romantic shows.

But now a days the long running show either has limited budget or they don't let other shows to showcase their talent because of trp rating. Legacy shows have advantage of ppl watching it out of habit. Even IF if you see many ppl are here because they watched gen 1 or gen 2 or gen 3 but they hardly watch gen 4. Rishta is #1 forum not only because gen 4 viewers but because of cumulative viewers across other gens. We can see even in IF new forums can not beat rishta forums.

So the advantage legacy shows have is more. I hope soon itv turns into limited series. Bring shows which has content over this drag fest.

The_Best thumbnail

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: Aadi04

Nobody would want to live with such psycho folks ..it’s like they say in the movie 50 shades of grey was enjoyed by ladies because the guy was a billionaire , young n good looking

if he was poor , old and ugly ..girls would have called him a creep and handed him to police

Yes smiley37

I am ngl. Watching RK was hella entertaining at first and even later if I just ignore certain things and convince myself that this is dark romantic saga and just watch it for the couple who had sizzling chemistry, but that doesn’t mean he was right or such men are common. So ASR and RK type of mls are great to watch on screen and good for actors as they get to portray a lot with such characters while at the same getting lots of fans smiley36

Aadi04 thumbnail

Team Critics

Yes smiley37

I am ngl. Watching RK was hella entertaining at first and even later if I just ignore certain things and convince myself that this is dark romantic saga and just watch it for the couple who had sizzling chemistry, but that doesn’t mean he was right or such men are common. So ASR and RK type of mls are great to watch on screen and good for actors as they get to portray a lot with such characters while at the same getting lots of fans smiley36

frankly every story should end in 500 episodes.., uske baad massacre ho jata hai ..,Ghum S2 gave a good platform to shakti as it was an established show .. they should have given notice to Shakti .. from before like 2 month ..that we abruptly end of this story ..because we want to start at another point ..

These days shows don’t last for 100 episodes… Shakti being an industry veteran knows this and should not take things for granted

Gaurav Sharma ( Toshu ) was given a huge role ..because of SP ka exit in anupama .. he got a lot of screen space in limited time ..but the leap was brought in .. so he was there for I guess 5-6 months in the show ..which was no 1... and he had to exit

This industry is fickle most actors know this and make provisions for it ,no point cribbing as a fan

Edited by Aadi04 - 6 hours ago
The_Best thumbnail

Team Neutrals

Originally posted by: firewings_diya

Earlier we had long running shows but number of actors in a show were more so it was okay to have them runninv long but we also had balance of shows like some shows like shararath and tu tu main main will cater ppl like me who like comedy shows over family drama or romantic shows.

But now a days the long running show either has limited budget or they don't let other shows to showcase their talent because of trp rating. Legacy shows have advantage of ppl watching it out of habit. Even IF if you see many ppl are here because they watched gen 1 or gen 2 or gen 3 but they hardly watch gen 4. Rishta is #1 forum not only because gen 4 viewers but because of cumulative viewers across other gens. We can see even in IF new forums can not beat rishta forums.

So the advantage legacy shows have is more. I hope soon itv turns into limited series. Bring shows which has content over this drag fest.

I miss the old Star which had such great shows and balance genre. I miss when the regular shows used to be from Monday to Thursday while comedy/thrillers/children shows used to be from Friday to Sunday. Actors actually used to get break then and have some off time to relax to come back fresh to work. Same with writers who would get break and not having to write crapfest just because they need to unlike now where they are forced to do that every day of week which is why there’s a huge decline is writing too. Because of the Monday to Thursday schedule shows used to suffer far less with bad writing, and audience would get far greater entertainment.

Some of us keep saying rishta, etc are working, but if we see they aren’t really because even just few years back the high trps was in 5+ and where 2.0 and 2.0+ trps would bring show under scanner and put an end to that show. But now even the top show Anupama barely gets 2.5. This shows how much itv viewership has decreased. Even until last year it was getting 3.0, but now even that’s so hard to cross. I know now there’s OTT option, but most women in India still want to watch tv but don’t anymore. They aren’t so interested in ott type shows. So the decline of itv viewership shows even trp audience is fed up with the current shows. If the viewership trps keep decline, then channel will be forced to do something. Else they will the current cycle going on as long as they see some profit in it.

pyar-ishk thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I didn’t know about her not wanting his mom to live with them as that’s wrong unless his mom was toxic MIL type, but I have followed him since PKYEK and realized it’s him who was the problem all along and not Vahbhiz. Vahbhiz wasn’t perfect and immature on keep giving interviews, but she likely thought that was okay as she was part of the cast and show. Still it was immature, but she was good wife to him. Kept him stable. He was the problem all along as he had problem with Sukriti, Drashti, Seema from Madhubala, the producer, Ekta and Sirf tum cast member who he told about that legs belongs to father and then husband. He has now completed changed and has no romance policy post marrying his current wife. He was fine in Madhubala. Did romance and all. Vahbhiz didn’t interfere too. Heard the same about his Shakti show.

Do try Madhubala as it’s good and much better than current shows. Btw, since you like HC, have you watched Tere Liye and Kis Desh(Prem-Heer)?

Hell yeah I watch and the crazy and ugly fan war that follow for years smiley44Kis Desh is what made him a romantic hero. There's one show of HC I didn't watch and that was Bepannah