Imtiaz Ali on hidden meanings in his films

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Imtiaz Ali watching someone is explaining hidden meanings in his own movies on Instagram reels.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

English poets turning in their graves as our teachers decode the true meaning of "the sky was blue" smiley8

Edited by Billi_Bangalan - 1 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Majority of the Indian audience are not capable and groomed enough for his films, that's the reason many idiots made fun of the gems like Tamasha and Rockstar.

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sharaban

Majority of the Indian audience are not capable and groomed enough for his films, that's the reason many idiots made fun of the gems like Tamasha and Rockstar.

Nothing to do with Indian audience when it comes to Imtiaz's films. People make too much out of it. I have seen deeper meaning films out in the world, so I don't find anything deeper in his films, is there any inference in his films. Apart from journey of Jordan, what was so deep about Rockstar?
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

On one hand, Imtiaz's films are fairly heavy-handed and straight forward. So it's kinda bizzare how these Insta influencers would higlight the most surface level interpretations and make content out of it.

On the other hand, Imtiaz does put a lot of effort in details in the frames, and is very intentional with his filmmaking unlike most of Bollywood. And he doesn't quite get enough credit for that.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Indian audience don't deserve him, hope he takes his art and talent elsewhere where they get him

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: JackSparrowcraz

Nothing to do with Indian audience when it comes to Imtiaz's films. People make too much out of it. I have seen deeper meaning films out in the world, so I don't find anything deeper in his films, is there any inference in his films. Apart from journey of Jordan, what was so deep about Rockstar?

I won't comment on Rockstar because I only liked the movie in parts, but I could comment on Tamasha and - especially-the movie he did after that, JabHarryMetSejal which even went a bit deeper in "hidden meanings". But I guess that there is no interest for a discussion about JHMS smiley16

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Imtiaz surely doesnt make no brainers. I am not a fan of his screenplay but I love his style. He surely makes me want to check out his releases even if I dont like them after watchinh. That is quite something.