Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

Deewangi is a popular film, and a hit at the boxoffice.

Very good thriller.

----------------

shraban universe ma hit ha deewangee smiley36
Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Jurm was good. I still remember the first time I watched it and they revealed the true masterminds and I was like *mind blown*.

Some more suggestions:

7 Hours To Goo - The movie is kind of haphazard in terms of the way they put the scenes together, but it will honestly leave you flabbergasted. The true reason for everything is not really revealed till the last minute.

Mrs Undercover - Watch that if you haven't. It's a very well written film and good acting. I enjoyed it a lot and loved how they showed the true reality of housewives and translated it to her getting angry at her hubby.

Table No 21 - Really touches the nerves, but the way they wrote the film and left the true reason for Khan doing everything was so well done.

Raavan - It's an older film, but damn good. Probably Abhishek's best film ever.

War Chhod Na Yaar - It's kind of cheesy at places, but overall very well done and it gets its message across without being preachy.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

Even this film is great. I think Ajay’s best acting till date. I never expected him to be the killer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFCOG2SkgI&pp=ygUIRGVld2FuZ2k%3D

Not only was this a hit but Ajay also won the award for best negative performance. Ironically, Akshaye Khanna, his Deewangee co-star, was also nominated for that award for Humraaz and probably would have won if not for Ajay's performance.

It's a remake of Primal Fear with Richard Gere and Edward Norton. Only that film ends where Deewangee's intermission ends, with the revelation that he was the real killer all along and was faking a multiple personality disorder.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Minionite

Jurm was good. I still remember the first time I watched it and they revealed the true masterminds and I was like *mind blown*.

Some more suggestions:

7 Hours To Goo - The movie is kind of haphazard in terms of the way they put the scenes together, but it will honestly leave you flabbergasted. The true reason for everything is not really revealed till the last minute.

Mrs Undercover - Watch that if you haven't. It's a very well written film and good acting. I enjoyed it a lot and loved how they showed the true reality of housewives and translated it to her getting angry at her hubby.

Table No 21 - Really touches the nerves, but the way they wrote the film and left the true reason for Khan doing everything was so well done.

Raavan - It's an older film, but damn good. Probably Abhishek's best film ever.

War Chhod Na Yaar - It's kind of cheesy at places, but overall very well done and it gets its message across without being preachy.

Table no 21 was an amazing watch....great thriller that tackled the sensitive subject of bullying at tender age, and its long lasting traumatic effects.

------------------

Edited by sharaban - 1 months ago
Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Table no 21 was an amazing watch....great thriller that tackled the sensitive subject of bullying at tender age, and its long lasting traumatic effects.

------------------

I absolutely loved the way they showed it as well. I mean they literally made Khan look like some psycho who loves playing with people until the very end. When he asked Siya if she wants him to khujle wale kutte ki maut maron I was like yes! And then when you realize why he did what he did and the guy who committed suicide at the beginning was also part of the bullies...damn!

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Yakeen (Priyanka chopra, Arjun rampal....a bit cheesy and filmi like another thriller KHOJ, but utmost engaging, just like Khoj)

----------

This movie's plot was so good, it's been copied on pretty much every suspense, mystery, thriller based TV show. CID, Adaalat, Arjun, and Agent Raghav are 4 that I can remember off the top of my head. But I think even Savdhaan India, Crime Patrol, and Crimes Aaj Kal (a webseries) had such epis based on "real" incidents.

Minionite thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: BhataktiJawani

Even this film is great. I think Ajay’s best acting till date. I never expected him to be the killer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpFCOG2SkgI&pp=ygUIRGVld2FuZ2k%3D

Oh shoot. This movie was so awesome! I always wanted a sequel with more of Ajay's psycho in it, but I kind of knew we would never get it and neither would it have been as good as the first. Ajay totally stole the show here.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Minionite

This movie's plot was so good, it's been copied on pretty much every suspense, mystery, thriller based TV show. CID, Adaalat, Arjun, and Agent Raghav are 4 that I can remember off the top of my head. But I think even Savdhaan India, Crime Patrol, and Crimes Aaj Kal (a webseries) had such epis based on "real" incidents.

Its basically all a race of who will make more engaging stuff from the "inspirations"...

The only thing I disliked in Yakeen was the heavy usage of cgi, animation and vfx just like in Priyanka's another movie Jaan e mann.

--------

Edited by sharaban - 1 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Never heard of most of these movies, but will check them out

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Bambai ka Babu, Aurangzeb, Humraaz (both the Sunil Dutt version and the Bobby Deol version). Both the movies have flawed protagonists who realize what or who truly matters in life after the events of the day. Aurangzeb asks the eternal question "What decides an individual's character. His nature or upbringing?"

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 months ago