Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Inaya10

It's not about bribing the judge, but the possibility or risk of imprisonment if pursued in Court. Of course, it can go horribly wrong...Ruhi might be a terrible witness, the judge might not like her and at the same time, the judge might be very sympathetic to the plaintiff/applicant, and conclude that Ruhi deserves imprisonment.

Well, exactly my point - why is she dragging this case to Court when Ruhi's crime isn't of such serious magnitude?

thats precisely why a court case is happening. whatever is the max awardable punishment which is in line with the degree of offense committed and... well max awardable punishment can be imprisonment....but I thought you said Abhira doesn't want Ruhi to go to prison. If Abhira wants max punishment, this means she wants Ruhi to go to jail. That's precisely why Arman made the offer of settlement to avoid that risk and at the same time be held accountable by paying compensation to the injured person. Do you think Manish or Ruhi will care if Ruhi's licence is cancelled or she is fined, or she told to do community work? No, what they fear is the risk of imprisonment.

For argument sake lets say Abhira wants Ruhi in jail. so? uss seh kya hojayega? Abhira ke chahne seh thodi na judge usko jail mein daalega. Judge...I don't think the argument here is about what the judge decides, it's about Abhira's unreasonableness to pursue the case to Court, and exposing Ruhi to the risk of imprisonment.

Max awardable punishment IN LINE with crime.

It is the judge who gets to decide what is fair compensation and punishment , not goenkas, Ruhi and Armaan Abhira.

If a judge thinks Ruhi has committed a crime that warrants imprisonment then so be it. Surely judges arent stupid to hand out verdicts that are too harsh for no reason. why will any judge give an unfair verdict unless there is fabrication of evidence or bribing involved?!

There is nothing unreasonable about going to court .

Ruhi may not like that option but theres nothing unreasonable about it. Its a perfectly valid option.

Why is settling matter outside and dropping charges against Ruhi seen as the only reasonable option? Because that makes Ruhi and Goenkas happy and relieved?!

Ruhi is scared about jail so everyone should molly coddle her?! She could have killed a man because of her deliberately rash driving and everyone should forgive it saying shes saying sorry and willing to pay money to clear her name.

Edited by Pinecone - 2 months ago
Inaya10 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

If court case happens, judge will decide what and how much compensation Ruhi will need to give the injured person in an impartial way after hearing both sides.

Abhira was against Kaveri also in a case earlier knowing it would upset everyone but she still took it up because she's idealistic. So this situation is no different. Even then she tolerated peoples barbs, vitriol but did her job. It was about representing the people who needed her services and getting to the truth.

Manish who is a grandad figure being upset at her makes her sad but thats not reason enough to drop the case. She is fighting for the victim who has hired her and she will get them justice. The magnitude of punishment will be decided by judge and is not upto Abhira or anyone else. Her job is to only put forth the facts.

Even in an emotional state she is not gonna present any fake evidence to phasao Ruhi or anything.

Abhira states that her client wants insaaf and not rafa dafa'ing of matter with money and sorry and thats why the court case is happening. Court case ensures this stuff goes on her record too.

Well, she never liked Kaveri or trusted her, and that's why she went against her. Instead of Kavari, if it was Arman's dad or mum, do you think she would still go against them? I don't think so.

It was about representing the people who needed her services and getting to the truth. Not really, those people were already being represented by the law firm, and she was just an intern and not even a lawyer. If Dadisa was in the wrong, that would have come out in Court. Arman and family were not upset with her because she was trying to help the poor people, it was the fact that she intentionally wanted to be involved, despite knowing that it was against Dadisa. In the end, she looked stupid and silly by going against the Kavari, and in the process caused so much trouble for Arman to the extent that he was almost kicked out.

Manish who is a grandad figure being upset at her makes her sad but thats not reason enough to drop the case. She is fighting for the victim who has.. Of course, it's a reason enough to drop the case, it's almost like going against your own family because you want justice for your client. Ruhi is willing to compensate the injured person for all his losses, that's also justice. However, she is being unreasonable in her approach because of her emotions.

Even in an emotional state she is not gonna present any fake evidence to phasao Ruhi or anything. You keep repeating this and I am not sure why because like I said no one is saying that Abhira is faking, fabricating, scheming, and plotting to phasao Ruhi, but she is exposing Ruhi to the risk of imprisonment.

Inaya10 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Max awardable punishment IN LINE with crime.

It is the judge who gets to decide what is fair compensation and punishment , not goenkas, Ruhi and Armaan Abhira.

If a judge thinks Ruhi has committed a crime that warrants imprisonment then so be it. Surely judges arent stupid to hand out verdicts that are too harsh for no reason. why will any judge give an unfair verdict unless there is fabrication of evidence or bribing involved?!

There is nothing unreasonable about going to court .

Ruhi may not like that option but theres nothing unreasonable about it. Its a perfectly valid option.

Why is settling matter outside and dropping charges against Ruhi seen as the only reasonable option? Because that makes Ruhi and Goenkas happy and relieved?!

Ruhi is scared about jail so everyone should molly coddle her?! She could have killed a man because of her deliberately rash driving and everyone should forgive it saying shes saying sorry and willing to pay money to clear her name.

@bold - I have seen it happen time and again. It's pretty common actually because, at the end of the day, it's at the judge's discretion what punishment they deem fit. A more strict judge is likely to give a more severe punishment than a lenient and sympathetic judge. Hence, there is always a risk!!!

In Ruhi's case, I believe it is unreasonable for Abhira to drag the matter to Court.

Why is settling matter outside and dropping charges against Ruhi seen as the only reasonable option? Because that makes Ruhi and Goenkas happy and relieved?! Because Ruhi is willing to compensate the injured person for all their losses. She hasn't killed anyone.

Ruhi is scared about jail so everyone should molly coddle her?! She could have killed a man because of her deliberately rash driving and everyone...Any reasonable person in Ruhi's position would be scared about jail, I mean that goes without saying. She could have, but she hasn't killed anyone. Just like you are not going to be charged with murder if you don't kill someone...

Pinecone thumbnail

So whats the issue of risking Ruhi gettting imprisoned. Why is that a problem? She committed a mistake and hence having a case filed against her and appearing in court is a perfectly valid course of events. If her crime is deemed to be so serious that she could go to jail- then she will. If her crime is deemed relatively minor she will get away with fine.

Ruhi and Goenkas are NOT her family. She respected MG as a grandad figure but what came of it- nothing! His bacchi Ruhi ruined her life and continues to do so. And he has never actually done anything for her to feel indebted to him or factor him into her decision making. she is upset to see him come and trash talk to her when she's only doing her job. It is Ruhi who rammed a car into someone after driving rashly on purpose.

When family and Armaan opposed her decision to support her firm against Kaveri because she was their ghar ki bahu, she still went ahead because that wasnt a factor for her. She took the case up because she felt it was the right thing to do. For her it was about getting to the truth and her firm was fighting for those who lost their homes and she felt that was important. She put it above any familial ties. So why should she care about MG who is nothing more than an elderly person she knows, when she is deciding to fight case for her mummas friend who is the victim party.

She's doing what she feels is right just like Armaan is doing whatever he thinks is right.

Everyone agrees Ruhi has committed the mistake so how is Abhira the unreasonable one when she says let the court decide how to punish Ruhi.

Ruhi ko court case nahi chahiye, She is scared, she is sorry is not enough reason to drop the case.

Pinecone thumbnail

Originally posted by: Inaya10

@bold - I have seen it happen time and again. It's pretty common actually because, at the end of the day, it's at the judge's discretion what punishment they deem fit. A more strict judge is likely to give a more severe punishment than a lenient and sympathetic judge. Hence, there is always a risk!!!

In Ruhi's case, I believe it is unreasonable for Abhira to drag the matter to Court.

Why is settling matter outside and dropping charges against Ruhi seen as the only reasonable option? Because that makes Ruhi and Goenkas happy and relieved?! Because Ruhi is willing to compensate the injured person for all their losses. She hasn't killed anyone.

Ruhi is scared about jail so everyone should molly coddle her?! She could have killed a man because of her deliberately rash driving and everyone...Any reasonable person in Ruhi's position would be scared about jail, I mean that goes without saying. She could have, but she hasn't killed anyone. Just like you are not going to be charged with murder if you don't kill someone...

Oh yes lets wait for her to again drive like a maniac , kill someone before we drag her to court 🙄 what logic is that?!

Court case and out of court settlement are 2 ways of handling this issue. Both are perfectly valid and reasonable options. Just because ruhi and goenkas would have liked settlement doesn't mean court case is unreasonable.

Abhira is definitely emotional but why is that such a big deal. She does not owe Ruhi anything to opt for the route of resolution that Ruhi would like.

Let her be scared and face the music for her negligence.

Edited by Pinecone - 2 months ago
hobbit thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krinya

Valid point...

Plus ," agar saza nai hui toh aur kisi ko uda degi "is a senseless statement to make..that's why the drivers licence is revoked in such circumstances & then ruhi kisi ko bhi 'uda" nai sakegi. Common sense ..

If somebody is a flight risk , they're not allowed In flights, first thing first ..imprisonment , charges or fine comes later..

There is no insaf here really which she's fighting for..

yeah. Just having her license revoked and paying hospital bills should be enough. In any case, she’s a lawyer and should be talking more professionally. All those lines were unnecessary when she could’ve said she will respect her client’s wishes and will talk to her client. Then no one would blame her.

hobbit thumbnail

I dont think she wants Ruhi to go to jail perse. Ruhi is neither in jail now because of the complaint filed against her nor will she go to jail after court case because her crime is not of that magnitude. its not a non bailable offence. But yes, Abhira wants Ruhi to pay for her deeds. And thats fair. Why should Abhira feel bad for Ruhi after everything Ruhi has done to her.

Why should Ruhi and Goenkas be able to get all charges dropped and get away scot free when her rash driving and negligence led to accident. She thinks that Ruhi should suffer the consequences of her negligent driving.

And if thats because she is feeling a bit vindictive, thats also fair. why is that wrong. Abhira was always nice to Ruhi but what did that get her except more taunts, insults and heartache. She might as well treat her as a nobody.

if Abhira were to find out that Ruhi didnt cause accident, she would actually withdraw from the case because thats the person she is. Idealistic and fair.

Ruhi has brought this on herself. After how cruel she has constantly been to Abhira and now having the audacity to call Armaan for help despite the history and everything thats happened, why should Abhira be sympathetic and concerned about her well being. IF Ruhi cant have the common sense to maintain and respect boundaries and is gonna use Armaans guilt to keep him in her life, while also pretending to be mahaan and giving Abhira advice to forgive Armaan and move on with him- then Abhira can also retaliate. Clearly Ruhi is not practicing what she preaches. First she made Armaan seem like a villain and told Abhira that Armaan led her on and promised her marriage etc, then she defended Armaan saying- just be together if you both love each other and forgive him, now again she is interfering by hiring Armaan as lawyer for all her cases when she can definitely find someone else to help. Abhira obviously can see through her BS.

If Abhira wanted to go full force vindictive and revenge seeking on Ruhi, theres a lot she could do including calling her out for wanting to marry her BIL, publicizing how immoral it is for her to marry one brother to lust after another, etc. but all she is doing here is to make sure Ruhi can just pay her way out of the case because her clients dont want settlement but want max punishment possible

the thing is if Abhira had said “I will respect my client’s wishes and that’s my job. If they want to settle, I will let you know.” That would’ve been fine and this is how a lawyer would talk. She’s not a policewoman. She was talking in a weird tone and it seemed like she wanted to punish Ruhi. I don’t think it’s good to mix professional and personal life.

Edited by hobbit - 2 months ago
Pinecone thumbnail

abhira is getting emotional and letting it impact her- sure. But so what?!

She's not committing any fraud or doing any crime or anything unethical , immoral just because she is emotional. Unlike Ruhi who drove rashly and rammed her car into a man because she was too emotional 🙄

Going to court is a perfectly valid way to address the issue as much as an out of court settlement. And her clients are ok with it.

She's not obligated to think of whether Ruhi would be comfortable with it or not. 🙄 That woman doesn't deserve any consideration from Abhira.

hobbit thumbnail

abhira is getting emotional and letting it impact her- sure. But so what?!

She's not committing any fraud or doing any crime or anything unethical , immoral just because she is emotional. Unlike Ruhi who drove rashly and rammed her car into a man because she was too emotional 🙄

Going to court is a perfectly valid way to address the issue as much as an out of court settlement. And her clients are ok with it.

She's not obligated to think of whether Ruhi would be comfortable with it or not. 🙄 That woman doesn't deserve any consideration from Abhira.

I don’t think Abhira would be doing her a favour if she had said I’ll talk to my client. Lawyers do ask to settle. That’s quite normal and Armaan was being very calm.

Although Ruhi was being v v childish and annoying when she was complaining to Armaan “maine kaha tha na gussa nikalegi”

Edited by hobbit - 2 months ago
Pinecone thumbnail

Originally posted by: hobbit

the thing is if Abhira had said “I will respect my client’s wishes and that’s my job. If they want to settle, I will let you know.” That would’ve been fine and this is how a lawyer would talk. She’s not a policewoman. She was talking in a weird tone and it seemed like she wanted to punish Ruhi. I don’t think it’s good to mix professional and personal life.

Yes , this I agree with. But its her first case and she's a newbie. And she's definitely emotionally affected by Ruhi-Armaan stuff so she's letting things get mixed.

But what I don't agree with is the opinion that she should not go to court over the matter. Why not? Theres no obligation that they need to settle this outside court only. And whats wrong with wanting to see Ruhi punished for her deeds . She drove rashly and injured a guy.

She's emotional and she should not let that impact her. Yes. She will learn in due course

But as long as she hasn't committed any crime just because she's emotional, its fine. Ruhi got emotional and rammed her car into a man. Armaan is so emotional he's taking up every case of Ruhis even the ones where she is guilty disregarding Abhiras feelings. But Abhira should not be emotional - aisa kyun?