Junaid on dad Aamir : He lets us be. It's not his film

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 days ago

Junaid said, has known about his aspiration to become an actor for almost a decade. 

Asked whether he discussed his debut project with his father

He said, “Film ke baare mein itna discussion nahi hua Papa se (I didn’t discuss much about the film with my father)’. It is not his film and he is busy with his work. Sid sir and Adi sir showed him the film. He liked it and had some suggestions. They took some of it and didn’t take the others.”

“He would normally give advice if you have specific questions for him. But beyond that, he does not get too much into our lives. He lets us be. If you have a specific question, then he is very helpful actually.” Junaid is currently in Delhi shooting for a project.

When asked if the film was an unconventional choice as a newcomer

“I don’t know how much I should talk about those films because producers haven’t announced them yet but one is being made by AKP and another by Phantom Films. “For now, there are these two projects and then we will see. I am supposed to be on stage in September. I keep myself busy. I have the year pretty packed,” the actor added.

“I don’t know about it being an unconventional (debut) because YRF is a big banner and Sid sir wanted me (in the film). The story is inherently very dramatic. I have been doing theatre in Mumbai since 2017. Sid sir asked me to come and test for this film. I didn’t think of it as conventional or unconventional,” Junaid told PTI in an interview.

Asked whether he thought a romantic story would have been a safer bet  

The actor said, “I guess producers and directors didn’t see me in romantic dramas. You do the work you get but it was a lovely script. It is such a wide medium, I don’t think there is any protection in films.”

On Maharaj

“It is a sensitive topic for sure but I think Sid sir and Adi sir made it very sensitively. Certain things happened before the release of the film without context. But all’s well that ends well. I don’t think the film was intended to hurt anybody. And I don’t think it has hurt anybody who has seen the film,” he said.