Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

juba thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 days ago

Agree with above- one cannot blame Junaid for no interviews..this film begin in 2020 & wrapped by 2021. Imagine how much Junaid had waited for his film to release. Initially it was supposed to release in theaters but YRF begin focusing on action films post Pathan and Tiger. Later it was announced the film will release on Netflix. Then an extremist party filed a suit against the release which YRF+Netflix won and the film immediately started streaming on Netflix. 

I saw the film and found Junaid did well for a debut performance. The story and character was also tough. I liked his scene where he convinced the crowd to pray against God's photo when JJ closed the the ashram doors. Also his scenes with Sharvari were good. 

I also have read alot of people saying he is acting like a theater guy - there is a point there. Hopefully he will be more at ease in his next films. Those are lighter films unlike Maharaj set in the 18th century. 

Junaid might not have had given a performance like a seasoned actor- but he is promising newcomer for sure. He can act. His eyes are exactly like Aamir- same to same. 

Edited by juba - 10 days ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: juba

I saw the film and found Junaid did well for a debut performance. The story and character was also tough. I liked his scene where he convinced the crowd to pray against God's photo when JJ closed the the ashram doors. 

Bold- some people here will feel offended and will claim this movie is anti-hindu even without watching this because of this one word. smiley39Karsan asked people to pray in front of God's photo under a banyan tree, not against it because the fraud baba closed the doors of the temple for all people. Yeah that scene was really the best scene of the movie. It showed that we can pray to God anywhere we want if we have devotion in our minds and hearts. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Not yet watched...but I know that theatre training is not the same as training to act in movies. As far as I know, Junaid also played in theatre for some years before acting in Maharaj... will see how comfortable Junaid feels to act to a camera instead of directly to a responding audience in an auditorium.

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I thought Vijay Sethupathi was also part of this movie and was looking forward to watching it, but just figured out that there's another Tamil movie which released last week with the same name.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yeah...the Tamil one is Maharaja (with Vijay in the lead...and also starring Anurag Kashyap...) and this one is Maharaj...so easy to confound.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I believe theatre training is the actual/real/professional training. I have not watched the trailer or any promo. Hope he has given a decent performance.

Dexterlove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ira and Kiran cheer for Junaid

Kiran Rao also shared the movie's poster on her Instagram Stories. She expressed her excitement with the caption, "Finally!"

This is so sweet. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

How does someone call themselves a theatre actor and be a bad actor ? That’s never happened in the history of Bollywood. Wasn’t Suhana screaming that she did theatre too?

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

How does someone call themselves a theatre actor and be a bad actor ? That’s never happened in the history of Bollywood. Wasn’t Suhana screaming that she did theatre too?

I feel like people think of theatre as a buzzword. 

There's a lot of favoritism issues in theatre too, but honestly the biggest issue is that if you're restrained/uncomfortably following rules on screen, it'll show badly on the camera. 

But again he could also be a bad theatre performer (they exist). Or he just doesn't suit commercial acting.

SRK is also a theatre performer - there are non-theatre acting contemporaries better than him at acting.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don’t think she did theatre in India. Overall junaid Hindi dialogue delivery is good in the promos, but I wonder why he chose this movie?

Edited by Bekind - 10 days ago