Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 days ago

Actually, I'm not "sure" about his past acting carreer except the one episode of Mastermind, the AD in PK and the 2021 movie Maharaj.

If it is PR or if it is true, I won't know without reading about a theatre play where he got listed as an actor or through another factual source smiley1

x.D.U.L.C.E.T.x thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

What a movie it was!smiley32

The story, the cinematography, music..smiley10

I thought it will turn out cringey but I was proved wrong and how. Sure it has certain flaws and stuff but it stayed true to the concept and theme of the movie.

Time has always been cruel to woman. No questions asked. No accountability held. But thank God for people like Karsandas Mulji. What a man! 

I am glad we are now in world where things are changing. 

The Maharaj was the antagonist of the movie. But I believe its the blind faith of the people that gives courage to people like Maharaj to think that they are above everyone. 

For me the story was more about the cruelty of our own stupidity that leads to horrific normalization of such rituals which tears a soul apart and we don't even realize it.

Kishori didn't even understood what was happening to her was creepy and filthy. But because of her blind faith she stood by it until she saw that happening to her sister. And I was able to understand her. It wasn't her fault but the normalization of such rituals not only by society but also her family. A family..how blind you must have to be to put your own blood in such circumstances. But it showed that it is not easy to break free of years of rituals in the name of religion. All you need is simply that one voice..One voice so loud and clear to say This is wrong. The very first step towards progress and better future!

Also a point this movie made seems still relevant today.. Don't ever let anyone become a mediator between you and god. The relationship you share with God exists simply because of your faith in God and nobody should have that power to tell you otherwise.

The cast was nice!

I loved loveddd Jaideep..what a versatile actor he is..that evil smug he had on his face was fun to watch..and the last scene where nobody spread their hands on the ground for him to walk and his evil smile fades away..that was soo good!

the actress who played Kishori also did amazingly well..Sharvari was also nice!

Junaid did surprise me. I was expecting cringe from him.. (sorry dude)

Its his debut and he should be given credit for holding it out well. He looked really good in this one! Very charming! I hope he gets better and better.

The supporting characters were amazing as well..

Although the movie ended on the note that I appreciate but I wonder how many untold stories such as this are there..

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Watched 20 minutes of it, will finish it later tonight. But I can already tell there is a MASSIVE difference between Junaid and Sharmin. This man does have expressive eyes at least...

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 days ago

So I impulsively clicked on a movie on Netflix yesterday, and by sheer coincidence, it turned out to be this one. 

I will likely drop some spoilers ahead, so read on at your own risk.

It took me a bit to recognize Junaid, whose performance was surprisingly good for a newbie. If this movie is anything to judge by, he rises above the usual crop of nepotism duds. Shalini Pandey also brought her A-game, along with the rest of the cast.

The sickening "charan seva" ritual, where women and their families, in the name of devotion, willingly subjected themselves to the vile, predatory "maharajs" and their sexual exploitation, all while deeming it an honor, has me stunned. Even Kishori, an educated woman, was blindsided until it was too late. I was absolutely horrified, just like Karsan das in the movie. Blind faith is a one way ticket to hell, no doubt about it!

It's one of those movies, much like OMG, that hammers home an essential truth — NEVER overlook your common sense and critical thinking in the name of blind faith and NEVER, under any circumstances, bestow your reverence upon anyone or anything that isn't god — especially not those deceitful priests and fraudulent godmen who have tricked their way to a position of power.

It’s utterly horrifying how predators and sexual offenders hide behind the facade of religious or moral authority. Makes me wonder why there are so many of them and why they infest every religion and institution. This world is a dark and dangerous place, and this movie is one of those wake up calls to stay vigilant, and rise up against those who seek to wield god-like power over people.

And let’s not ignore the silent herd, who have soaked up their own oppression and pass it down through the generations! Their inaction doesn't just suffocate the brave few who dare to speak up, it binds them tighter to their own chains. It's a tragic, maddening sight.
But it’s always cathartic watching vile creatures like the "maharaj" get dethroned and served a nice slice of justice in movies! 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 days ago

I'm half way through and I'm sort of conflicted about junaid. I feel like he has the right expressions for the scene but then he starts speaking,  and he takes me out of the scene.  His diction,  voice modulation,  accent, i don't know what exactly but it's not working. But when he is not speaking,  he looks sincere. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 days ago

As I rarely get the original diction while reading the subtitles, I always need a second view to give my impression on that...so, for now, I just concentrate on understanding the spoken content smiley1 ...and the movie has my focussed attention until now (half-an-hour into the viewing...).

Posted: 5 days ago

Apart from the Movie and stuff

I have noticed in few pictures that Junaid gives 70-80's hero vibes and in other few pictures he looks little Indian like Henry Cavill because of certain angles smiley36

Accha rehne doh..not Cavill but Superman typesmiley36

I can be wrong tho.smiley12

He looked really cool in one picture with Sai Pallavi...smiley36

Edited by x.D.U.L.C.E.T.x - 5 days ago
Salutethearmy thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: Dexterlove

Ira and Kiran cheer for Junaid

Kiran Rao also shared the movie's poster on her Instagram Stories. She expressed her excitement with the caption, "Finally!"

This is so sweet. 

Gosh

Junaid looks more like Henry Cavill's younger brother than Aamir's son. 

Rocky.Bhai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 days ago

saw the movie, acchi acting ki hai junaid ne, lekin no promotions noting, why??

Posted: a day ago

Originally posted by: Salutethearmy

Gosh

Junaid looks more like Henry Cavill's younger brother than Aamir's son. 

Thank God. Someone else also thinks what I have been sayingsmiley36

Some of his photos really makes me wonder is he really Amir's son.smiley36

20240701_192251.jpg

images (24).jpeg