Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anusha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Funcnv

Yaar..after seeing so many posts about the wonderful episode.. I tried rewatching twice hoping I might find it extremely good like every body else..😂🤦🏻‍♀️but I still am not satisfied ..😬

I am happy Jhanak found her voice, but I still cannot understand the significance of her Hindu Shastra relevance dialogues, isn’t she contradicting herself when she stated marriage won’t be accepted without Sindoor..so all her earlier statements about shaadi didn’t happen with Ani were just farce?..so she does consider herself married to Ani. For that matter, why does Ani feel that responsibility for her if he is not accepting the marriage? He could have happily openly helped her stating the obvious that I am going to help her as she doesn’t have anyone. Nobody stands a chance against him with words. What is his agar agar dialogues?

Again I don’t understand what does Jhanak mean by will go to a different world..I will die..isn’t death supposed to be the ultimate fear for anyone as we have no control over it, the amount of times they rinsed and repeated it, I feel so traumatized with the way they write about death so loosely. I don’t think it is having any impact whatsoever with this rinse and repeat on the people around her except for giving trauma to audience.😡

Coming to Ani/Jhanak, how are Ani’s parents, Bipasha, Shrishti and for that matter Arshi also partially as she is asking for Ani to not get involved while a girl is openly being forced to marry a person against her will, or anyone watching there without interfering are different than Tejas? Ani is riled up against Tejas, but why not against any of these? Still you are respectfully asking them to stop it in a louder voice by threatening I might accept the marriage for real? Sorry I didn’t find this entertaining. Had he said, Jhanak you are free to go and I will watch who can stop you and Jhanak stepping out of the mad house with a beautiful smile would have made the episode, the clap worthy 150th episode. Not that I don’t want these to be the end game, I so want both of them to be together, but by not accepting marriage conditionally as per need.

I sincerely gave it 3 tries folks..😂 I still find it half impactful..😃Well Jhanak started heading out with a different bag as per the precap, let’s hope this bag is the lucky charm which will get her out..😜

Bold 1- This set of dialogues serves as an opener for Ani's talk about the importance of Sindoor. I know it looks disconnected at the beginning and OTT. I can do a deep explanation... will tag you when I do that later.

Bold 2- This is a complaint of mine also, but we have to remember that Jhanak's mental health is precarious after two attempts at her life and repeated mental abuse at the hands of Mukherjees and Basus. She is in clinical depression. Death is simply a solution at this stage, life doesn't matter because they don't care. So, it's kind of in character for Jhanak to say this, but I also don't prefer such lines to be thrown to viewers casually without proper impact building in the background. They never explained Jhanak's mental state in the show because that doesn't sell well. Drama does ultimately.

Bold 3- I have explained this in my post which I'll link below. Not sure if you read it or not, couldn't tag you due to limited numbers. I think this explains Ani's response very well from my POV.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/165111522

Hope this helps!

samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Posts (May 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Anusha16

Shehram has that class and elegance. He is the exact opposite of the Angry young man archetype aka, Maan, Arnav, Murtasim etc....

He has a different mature charm than Ani. But both stand for the absolute freedom and happiness of their respective partners at the cost of their own... Such a lady is very lucky indeed.

As I said, SBL types story so slowburn it is.

As for Ayaan, he is much more proactive than Ani tbh. And also, more diwana, obsessive, and posessive. Ani currently is still like Ayaan who absconded Faltu from her forced marriage for me if we want to compare them.

I have not reached Ayan’s that stage yetsmiley36… just finished epi of his engagement & where his bua enters the show smiley4.., he’s more like a agyakari putra smiley36 of his dadsmiley37 unlike Anismiley36 who gives a cent importance for his dadsmiley36 ( both Ani & Ayaan call their dad BaBasmiley9smiley36)
Goddy2010 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mridzy

Sohini - thank you for explaining the rituals in a bengali wedding - and it is quite similar to the tamil wedding, but we do not do haldi, baaki sab hai. smiley4

I did not realise, and couldn't place the importance of Ani and Jhanak feeding each other and why it was there before the shadi - toh yeh bhi ek rasm thi! Thanks!!

Hey sorry yaar. I missed the post of the rituals. Can you reshare the post to me ?

Anusha16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Goddy2010

Very nicely written. Not sure if we will be given.

Jagyasini Singh God Knows GIF - Jagyasini Singh God Knows Shrug GIFs

Word Count: 0

samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Posts (May 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Funcnv

yaar.. I have been telling all along that Tejas is the candle burning in RuNak love story..u guys were mad at the poor guy..being the sher of Kashmir, he got stuck in a shady hotel for 100+ episodes for uniting these 2..even now he is leaving dejected because these 2 idiots are accepting marriage with conditions applied clause..but still he is leaving us with a hope that his next return will make them accept marriage wholeheartedly..Koi kisikeliye aur kuch Kya kar saktha hai..smiley37

Cupid 💘 in disguise 😎smiley42 is Tejas smiley16
Funcnv thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sorry dear. These shit ideas from me will not be there in the story. No worries 😂

Please don’t undermine your thoughts..😊It’s just that it feels scary to even start imagining along those lines..😂
Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Anusha16

True, they don't need words. Especially signified by the last scene as they look around the deserted mandap, Jhanak in tears that things have come to this, and Ani silently gazing at her as if to say "It'll be alright" while contemplating his breaking bond with Arshi, leaving her also in tears with his actions.

But sometimes words have their own impact on humans, Shukriya adha alfaazon se karthe rehna chahiye. Which Jhanak did today. And she will also declare her love verbally the same way in front of everyone to Ani to make him feel secure in the future. Because everyone has their own language of love; some prefer small acts of help, some prefer gifts and some people like me prefer verbal affirmations.

Ugh, there is gonna be so much angst and jealousy before a proper courtship/romance track. smiley36

And Arshi is here to stay for the long ride smiley44

No, I completely agree - words definitely have their impact on us. What I wanted to convey was for these two their silence and their actions speak their hearts better than words could at this point - as when they bring in words, these two end up hurting each other, atleast now smiley44 Maybe I did not articulate it properly.

"And she will also declare her love verbally the same way in front of everyone to Ani to make him feel secure in the future" - Ooooh, Anusha, this, this is what I want to see.

Anusha16 thumbnail

Hey sorry yaar. I missed the post of the rituals. Can you reshare the post to me ?

One minute will do, I am searching for it rn.

Mridzy posted it. smiley20

Edited by Anusha16 - 5 months ago
Aadia thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Girls, can we expect Janak not to be rude to Ani anymore and not ask questions like “Did I ask you to help me” our Ani boy at least deserves this much grace from Janak. I don’t want her to show her frustration of Ani family insults on Ani.

Very difficult.. but if Ani doesn’t instigate her and keeps up with puppy looks 🥺 then she doesn’t stand a chance.. will melt within moments..

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: rysohini

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement ❤️❤️

The makers have in the last 2 weeks worth of episodes completed all the rituals that are usually involved in a bengali wedding with Ani and Jhanak, so while they had the mala badal (garland exchange) and sindoor daan (applying sindoor) in Kashmir, they had the rituals that preceed the above now -

1. Aiburo (bachelor/spinster) Bhaat (Rice) : 1st rasam where the bride and the groom are given a grand treat (mostly bengali delicacies) at their respective homes by relatives and friends - Ani and Jhanak feed eo, they are eo’s closest friend and biggest wellwisher of eo.smiley20

2. Ashirwaad : Bride / groom is showered with blessings and gifts by elders in the family at their respective homes and they touch the feet of elders and seek blessings. Jhanak sought blessings from the biggest blessings of her life - Apu di, Boro ma, Jethu, Chhoton and Ani (this scene was heart touching and aesthetically shot , Hiba and Krushal looked like a dream)smiley42

3.Ga ( Skin) e Holud(Haldi) : Haldi ceremony where the haldi applied on the groom at the groom’s house is brought to the bride’s house and the same haldi is applied to the bride - we saw the haldi spill on Ani, and was scraped from his arm and the same haldi applied to Jhanak. With Chhoton’s dialogue: Rakhe (Keep) Hari (God) Maare(Kill) Ke(Who?) meaning when God Is protecting/keeping their bond, mere mortals will not be able kill it.

Jhanak says : “Ami amar aiburo (spinster) naam ghuchhalam” - I remove my maiden name!

Then the actual marriage where the bride and groom finally meet!

The bride is carried on a piri (wooden plank) by men(usually brothers of the bride) and taken around the groom. The bride has her face covered with betel leaves.

Shubho (Auspicious) Drishti( Sight) : This is when the bride removes the betel leaves and eye locks with the groom. In olden days in an arranged marriage probably a bride and groom see eo for the first time. Ani-Jhanak Subho Drishti was dreamysmiley9

Mala Badal (Garland Exchange) : Ani positioned himself perfectly for the garland to fall on him and blamed it on his need to get the best camera anglesmiley37

Sindoor Daan - Happened in Kashmir and they get flashes of it every now and then ❤️

Lastly- The gifts have a significance, usually the bride is sent gifts from the groom’s , it’s called “Tattya” and the groom is sent gifts from the bride’s

Here you go Goddy ji