Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: Newbird

I got some 12 to 13 notifications now,when I clicked on it it is displaying "Error: Failed to fetch"

Here is the pic

IMG_20240329_190626.jpg

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

If your net is down, then maybe thats why the notifications couldn't load and hence the error

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

If your net is down, then maybe thats why the notifications couldn't load and hence the error

Wifi was fine when I checked,I could watch videos well.36 notifications piled up now,Just now I could open magically after past 4 hrs!

KaliD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi, a friend of mine is unable to login: she changed her email id and is trying to change her password but when she opens the link sent on email, and tries to update her password, it says username not valid even though the username is correct. Please help

WaveTeal thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 27 days ago

Hello, Vijay and IF team. Greetings. smiley1

First of all thanks for this wonderful site & and for relentlessly working to improve it. 
I have been here on and off from 2008. Was active during DMG days and then rejoined for GEET. Basically have been here before FB and would always love to be here. 

I have some issues & suggestions. Specially for our Geet forum which is 14 years old.

First my issues, I know IF is strict about copy-pasting but what about those content thieves who distort modify, and then copy? Like if someone is rewriting - copying very subtly, picking random scenes from my FFs then what are the rulings here?

What if someone is accused of copying by multiple writers but their copying method is clever and subtle? 
In such cases where more than one writer is accusing someone, 

1. Can we get some red banner badges for plagiarists like these to warn readers?
2. Or when clicking on the accused member's posts can there be a pop-up (like the redirecting link one) warning users that this xxxx user has unsafe content/ accused of stealing etc. At least the stories they have copied previously can those be flagged like this?

IF also has a lot of stalking issues along with copying. This is making a lot of writers move to other sites. Private forums are not really viable for a writer. So,

1. Showing who visited my threads, can this method be implemented?
2. Making the access restricted for particular posts or threads for the creator. Similar to Google Drive. Like sorting out members who I want to give access to in a particular post/thread. For the micro level if it can be implemented on each post then that would completely solve the password protection issue here. 

This can be a double-edged sword and there should be a list of suspects who plagiarise so those members should not be able to enjoy this feature (or similar option ) if implemented ever.

Coming to my suggestion about old forums especially our Geet Hui Sabse Parayi forum - Our Geet Forum is very old yet very active. Sometimes more active than some of the running shows. Thanks to our GF(geet forum)'s incredible writers and readers. Lots of people daily tune into GF.

Despite being very active there are no activities from India Forums side to keep things exciting (no special games, ranks etc) that our old forums get like ongoing ones. Without some new stuff, the interactions have bordered on a one-way route. So to improve communication I want to state a few suggestions. (despite being one of the most active forums here new IF members won't know Geet forum exists)

I am a writer so these suggestions are based on my experience as a writer only :

1. Can we have a trending page for a forum of the week or something which can be listed on the front page of India forums? (Similar to Chaska meter but for the whole IF that includes every old forum)

2. Our Geet forum has amazing writers and contents till this day. So can our topics get into trending so that more users can join us? Many new members may not even know so many amazing threads exist in our Geet forum. 

3. Can we get a commenter/ member of the month for our Geet forum? Like some sort of appreciation badge. (Not HOTF)

This would greatly boost our readers more to engage with our stories, comment more, and visit IF more. This makes a writer to be motivated and write more as well. Like a circle, this would increase overall activity. For an old forum, this would be really helpful. Kindly take this into consideration.

4. Or any other innovative ways to keep the forum engaged basically. A point system can be added.

There are more issues but for now I am highlighting these.
I remember passing the revamp of India forums and had a FAQ thread on it. Those times were difficult yet never felt unsafe. But now due to some content safety measures, I am feeling uncomfortable. And IF is always like my home. Reason why love to be here instead of FB, insta or other places.

Waiting until my issues are looked into.

Regards - Waveteal

(Tagged a wonderful & very talented writer tellyme who has contributed to writing so many OG stories and continuing to do so in the forum)

Edited by WaveTeal - 27 days ago
tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: WaveTeal

Hello, Vijay and IF team. Greetings. smiley1

First of all thanks for this wonderful site & and for relentlessly working to improve it. 
I have been here on and off from 2008. Was active during DMG days and then rejoined for GEET. Basically have been here before FB and would always love to be here. 

I have some issues & suggestions. Specially for our Geet forum which is 14 years old.

First my issues, I know IF is strict about copy-pasting but what about those content thieves who distort modify, and then copy? Like if someone is rewriting - copying very subtly, picking random scenes from my FFs then what are the rulings here?

What if someone is accused of copying by multiple writers but their copying method is clever and subtle? 
In such cases where more than one writer is accusing someone, 

1. Can we get some red banner badges for plagiarists like these to warn readers?
2. Or when clicking on the accused member's posts can there be a pop-up (like the redirecting link one) warning users that this xxxx user has unsafe content/ accused of stealing etc. At least the stories they have copied previously can those be flagged like this?

IF also has a lot of stalking issues along with copying. This is making a lot of writers move to other sites. Private forums are not really viable for a writer. So,

1. Showing who visited my threads, can this method be implemented?
2. Making the access restricted for particular posts or threads for the creator. Similar to Google Drive. Like sorting out members who I want to give access to in a particular post/thread. For the micro level if it can be implemented on each post then that would completely solve the password protection issue here. 

This can be a double-edged sword and there should be a list of suspects who plagiarise so those members should not be able to enjoy this feature (or similar option ) if implemented ever.

Coming to my suggestion about old forums especially our Geet Hui Sabse Parayi forum - Our Geet Forum is very old yet very active. Sometimes more active than some of the running shows. Thanks to our GF(geet forum)'s incredible writers and readers. Lots of people daily tune into GF.

Despite being very active there are no activities from India Forums side to keep things exciting (no special games, ranks etc) that our old forums get like ongoing ones. Without some new stuff, the interactions have bordered on a one-way route. So to improve communication I want to state a few suggestions. (despite being one of the most active forums here new IF members won't know Geet forum exists)

I am a writer so these suggestions are based on my experience as a writer only :

1. Can we have a trending page for a forum of the week or something which can be listed on the front page of India forums? (Similar to Chaska meter but for the whole IF that includes every old forum)

2. Our Geet forum has amazing writers and contents till this day. So can our topics get into trending so that more users can join us? Many new members may not even know so many amazing threads exist in our Geet forum. 

3. Can we get a commenter/ member of the month for our Geet forum? Like some sort of appreciation badge. (Not HOTF)

This would greatly boost our readers more to engage with our stories, comment more, and visit IF more. This makes a writer to be motivated and write more as well. Like a circle, this would increase overall activity. For an old forum, this would be really helpful. Kindly take this into consideration.

4. Or any other innovative ways to keep the forum engaged basically. A point system can be added.

There are more issues but for now I am highlighting these.
I remember passing the revamp of India forums and had a FAQ thread on it. Those times were difficult yet never felt unsafe. But now due to some content safety measures, I am feeling uncomfortable. And IF is always like my home. Reason why love to be here instead of FB, insta or other places.

Waiting until my issues are looked into.

Regards - Waveteal

(Tagged a wonderful & very talented writer tellyme who has contributed to writing so many OG stories and continuing to do so in the forum)

Hi IF team,

I echo each sentiment of @waveteal regarding plagiarism and our GEET forum. 

@waveteal - So well put up all points for our concern regarding copying content and limelight to old forum like Geet, which is generating much more activity and content thatnmost active forum.  Thank-you for bringing this out in such a sorted way.

About my journey in IF - I joined this forum in 2010 when Geet had completed it's few month. And it is mainly GEET forum for which I come on IF. IF has become my second home and I may roam around in other forums but GEET forum is my cozy home at the end of the day in IF.

Regarding copying, if you all remember, I have also raised this issue couple of months back and requested for Password protected feature. We are suggesting these ways as it has been very traumatizing to see our content being copied. The person copying is becoming bold everyday because she is assured that no one is going to take any action on her and she can get away with it. Though IF has a wonderful feature of not being capable of copying but here the stalker reads the story for many updates, and combine content and concept from multiple OG writers who are getting good response and then uses the scenes we have created with our imagination and effort, in her stories. 

It is hard to bring out the proof, because story and unique scene concept are stolen, mixed with other writers work.

Also, gathering proof is very painful because re-reading ones own concept in other's story , our scene been rewritten, is very painful. 

I am now fearing to bring any new concept openly here. 

Such acts many a time makes me very uncomfortable and I go on writer's block. Though the writer in me and my love for my readers, ditches me and I keep bringing new concept only to be copied.

Only if we can at-least get right to stop any user from reading our content and seeing who all liked our post, will be helpful. Again another random suggestion.

Regarding Geet Forum activity - Yes, please it should get its due for pouring in readers/users in the forum. Many readers of mine joins the forum just to read our stories and join If only for GEEt forum.

Many people on active forum doesn't know the Geet forum exist. It does not deserve to be nonexistent for entire forum when it is one of the most active forum.

Example - One of my friend in other forum, I informed her about Geet forum. She was excited. I asked her to write for GHSP and the response she got there was though less compared to what in general we have in GEET forum(Because she just started) but still it was way more than what she is getting in one of the active top ranked forum. She got excited and is now pouring her work in Geet forum.

IF is our second home and thus it is here were we know our concerns will be heard and taken care of. Please do the needful.

Thanks,

tellyme (Anubhuti)

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: KaliD

Hi, a friend of mine is unable to login: she changed her email id and is trying to change her password but when she opens the link sent on email, and tries to update her password, it says username not valid even though the username is correct. Please help

What is the username of the user?

vijay thumbnail

This happens at times either when the network at the user side is faulty or at the end of our Firewall is unable to connect to our Server.

We will investigate further on this. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

.Hi, @WaveTeal, @ tellyme, 

If you find out that someone else has taken your writing idea or theme and claimed it as their own, we understand how frustrating and upsetting it can be. Although we sympathize with the writer, it is important to take a firm stand against plagiarism, which is a serious offense. If you suspect that someone has copied your story's premise, subject, or style, please let us know and provide evidence. This will enable us to take the necessary steps to address your complaint. 

Previously, we had received several complaints regarding plagiarism in our Fanfiction section. We want to end this pain to our revered writers. That is why, we are requesting that you provide us with proof so that we'll be able to take action against offenders. 

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9

I never received  my 750 days streak badge now I am at 800 days