Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: tellyme

Hi IF team,

I echo each sentiment of @waveteal regarding plagiarism and our GEET forum. 

@waveteal - So well put up all points for our concern regarding copying content and limelight to old forum like Geet, which is generating much more activity and content thatnmost active forum.  Thank-you for bringing this out in such a sorted way.

About my journey in IF - I joined this forum in 2010 when Geet had completed it's few month. And it is mainly GEET forum for which I come on IF. IF has become my second home and I may roam around in other forums but GEET forum is my cozy home at the end of the day in IF.

Regarding copying, if you all remember, I have also raised this issue couple of months back and requested for Password protected feature. We are suggesting these ways as it has been very traumatizing to see our content being copied. The person copying is becoming bold everyday because she is assured that no one is going to take any action on her and she can get away with it. Though IF has a wonderful feature of not being capable of copying but here the stalker reads the story for many updates, and combine content and concept from multiple OG writers who are getting good response and then uses the scenes we have created with our imagination and effort, in her stories. 

It is hard to bring out the proof, because story and unique scene concept are stolen, mixed with other writers work.

Also, gathering proof is very painful because re-reading ones own concept in other's story , our scene been rewritten, is very painful. 

I am now fearing to bring any new concept openly here. 

Such acts many a time makes me very uncomfortable and I go on writer's block. Though the writer in me and my love for my readers, ditches me and I keep bringing new concept only to be copied.

Only if we can at-least get right to stop any user from reading our content and seeing who all liked our post, will be helpful. Again another random suggestion.

Regarding Geet Forum activity - Yes, please it should get its due for pouring in readers/users in the forum. Many readers of mine joins the forum just to read our stories and join If only for GEEt forum.

Many people on active forum doesn't know the Geet forum exist. It does not deserve to be nonexistent for entire forum when it is one of the most active forum.

Example - One of my friend in other forum, I informed her about Geet forum. She was excited. I asked her to write for GHSP and the response she got there was though less compared to what in general we have in GEET forum(Because she just started) but still it was way more than what she is getting in one of the active top ranked forum. She got excited and is now pouring her work in Geet forum.

IF is our second home and thus it is here were we know our concerns will be heard and taken care of. Please do the needful.

Thanks,

tellyme (Anubhuti)

I remember you. It's been 14 yrs forgive me for my bad memory. I've not read FFs since after Geet ended but can you remind me of the FFs you've written while the show was on? I remember I've read you for sure smiley31 

Edit: I have read Her Complete Submission which you have written smiley27

Edited by joliefemme - 1 months ago
KaliD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

What is the username of the user?

Hi Vijay, replied on PM

MochaQueen thumbnail

Creative Minds

Is it only my IF being a slowpoke today?smiley24

tellyme thumbnail

Originally posted by: joliefemme

I remember you. It's been 14 yrs forgive me for my bad memory. I've not read FFs since after Geet ended but can you remind me of the FFs you've written while the show was on? I remember I've read you for sure smiley31 

Edit: I have read Her Complete Submission which you have written smiley27

yes… and I was back in 2021 to again write on Maaneet.

Other older ones are Innocent love, Roothe Piya Manao Kaise etc..

This is not the thread for this but just because you asked..

Thanks for remembering me and my work.

smiley1

Newbird thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

From evening I'm not able to see my profile, notification bell icon and pm icon at the top right corner of the page,so I'm not able to go to any of those options! It is blank .

IMG_20240404_001034.jpg

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

From evening I'm not able to see my profile, notification bell icon and pm icon at the top right corner of the page,so I'm not able to go to any of those options! It is blank .

IMG_20240404_001034.jpg

Adding on to this.

I faced the same problem yesterday at around 3:30 PM IST.

Icons were still missing even after I rebooted my laptop.

When I accessed the sports thread from IF's homepage to finish what I was doing, the icons were back.

Cheers..  

vijay thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Originally posted by: Savera84

Adding on to this.

I faced the same problem yesterday at around 3:30 PM IST.

Icons were still missing even after I rebooted my laptop.

When I accessed the sports thread from IF's homepage to finish what I was doing, the icons were back.

Cheers..  

Will get this investigated. It's most likely a network issue.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Someone edited the text of my Fan Fiction chapter without my consent, and I didn't even get a notification.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/chapter/45887

I have dozens of books in the Fan Fiction section, and I can't check every chapter every day to see if someone else is changing the story unethically, either by excising authentic words or by inserting someone else's ideas to negate mine. Unlike posts, where an "Edited by" note appears automatically, everyone would assume that I wrote whatever mangled fiction they see.

Please make it automatic: if someone tampers with my Fan Fiction, I need to be notified immediately.

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Hi..

Posting this again... But can you please get this forum removed from my dropdown. 

1000031062.jpg

IF seems to have quite many inefficient processes to ensure that forum is updated. One of the reason why it's popularity is decreasing. I requested this almost an year back. 

OG request link:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/163566978

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Hi , so a thread in Vanshaj forum has been active for 8 months now but i noticed today that all the posts are jumbled and not in chronological order at all....the first 5 or 6 posts in page 1 seems to be fine but after that posts made 16 days ago are in page 1 and posts which were made 8 months ago were in page 6 and so on....i thought it was the phone I'm using which was acting funny and logged into I-F through another phone but the posts were still jumbled.....can something be done about this?

The thread ;

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5334954