Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Friendly Guides

Posted: a month ago

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Hi , so a thread in Vanshaj forum has been active for 8 months now but i noticed today that all the posts are jumbled and not in chronological order at all....the first 5 or 6 posts in page 1 seems to be fine but after that posts made 16 days ago are in page 1 and posts which were made 8 months ago were in page 6 and so on....i thought it was the phone I'm using which was acting funny and logged into I-F through another phone but the posts were still jumbled.....can something be done about this?

The thread ;

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5334954

I checked that thread you have shared the link.

There is nothing wrong with the thread . 
The topic maker has created the thread with “vote up “ option .

That means the posts with more “ likes” are voted up n will show above the posts which get less “likes”. 

Posts  will appears in order of number of “likes “ rather than chronology of posting . 
I hope I could explain . 

Edited by Sutapasima - a month ago
Pete15rogmourey thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I checked that thread you have shared the link.

There is nothing wrong with the thread . 
The topic maker has created the thread with “vote up “ option .

That means the posts with more “ likes” are voted up n will show above the posts which get less “likes”. 

Posts  will appears in order of number of “likes “ rather than chronology of posting . 
I hope I could explain . 

I understand....thank you for clarifying itsmiley1

But is this a new feature of this site? Cause this has only been happening since yesterday 

Sutapasima thumbnail

Friendly Guides

I understand....thank you for clarifying itsmiley1

But is this a new feature of this site? Cause this has only been happening since yesterday 

This Vote Up feature was introduced almost two yrs ago , in addition we have Q&A threads . earlier we had just regular threads and polling threads .  
 When you click on New topic , all options are displayed for you to choose from .here is a SS for ready reference . 
IMG_1325.jpeg

Edited by Sutapasima - 29 days ago
Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

This Vote Up feature was introduced almost two yrs ago , in addition we have Q&A threads . earlier we had just regular threads and polling threads .  
 When you click on New topic , all options are displayed for you to choose from .here is a SS for ready reference . 
IMG_1325.jpeg

Yeah I've seen the vote up threads before....i was asking wether the change in the arrangement of posts in these Q&A threads from chronological order to most voted post a new feature for such threads?

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Yeah I've seen the vote up threads before....i was asking wether the change in the arrangement of posts in these Q&A threads from chronological order to most voted post a new feature for such threads?

Most voted posts get pushed up in q&a threads, ie, threads get sorted based on the votes and show up on that order in the thread 

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 29 days ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Friendly Guides

I already mentioned in previous post .... but for you, my dear I repeat,  this feature has been in use for almost two years now.🙂

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Someone edited the text of my Fan Fiction chapter without my consent, there was no DT note, and I didn't even get a notification.

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/chapter/45887

I have dozens of books in the Fan Fiction section, and I can't check every chapter every day to see if someone else is changing the story unethically, either by excising authentic words or by inserting someone else's ideas to negate mine. Unlike posts, where an "Edited by" note appears automatically, everyone would assume that I wrote whatever mangled fiction they see.

Please make it automatic: if someone tampers with my Fan Fiction, I need to be notified immediately.

FFEditors should support this request because, otherwise, distrust in India Forums will make their absolute power irrelevant.

priya185 thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Hi 

when will this month's badges be given out for forum activity? 

some questions are not clickable for answering in IPL predictions

Viswasruti thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: priya185

Hi 

when will this month's badges be given out for forum activity? 

some questions are not clickable for answering in IPL predictions

Regarding IPL Predictions, what is the exact problem, please make it more clear , so that tech team will be able to act immediately. 

priya185 thumbnail

Idea Innovators

Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Regarding IPL Predictions, what is the exact problem, please make it more clear , so that tech team will be able to act immediately. 

for ipl match 22 and 23 I couldn't predict the toss question and if it got fixed I was not aware of it